You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibbythemute wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
So this is basically a question for anybody with any knowledge of video games. I've recently got a job at Wal-Mart, so now that I have a little cash, I'm strongly considering investing in an XBox360. Since I work at Wal-Mart, I believe that I can land the Premium System (console, controller, headset, cables, 3 months of XBox live) and Madden 09 for $300, plus I get a 10% discount making the overall price roughly $270-$280. So, if any of you guys own a 360, just tell me if you think it would be a wise choice. For the record, I already have a Wii, and it is great for some games, but I'm really a sports fan, and if I'm going to play Madden, The Show, and NCAA, I believe I need a next-gen system.

So really what I'm asking is, if I can land the Premium XBox360 Console (Console, controller, headset, cables, and 3 months of XBox Live) as well as Madden 09 for $275, should I?

Ummm. YEAH. Xbox 360 has taken over my life. And at that price, its like drafting Adrian Peterson in the 4th round.
I've heard some pretty poor things about the Maddens on the 360, but anything has got to be better than playing the same game year after year on the PS2. If I can indeed get Madden 09 in the package, I think that will be the deal breaker and I'll have to do it. My paycheck was only like $300 last week, but hell, two weeks worth of work for a 360 and Madden seems like a fair deal to me. Here's hoping I can make this work.

And thanks for the feedback gibby.

Props to mike23md on the sig
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
gibbythemute wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
So this is basically a question for anybody with any knowledge of video games. I've recently got a job at Wal-Mart, so now that I have a little cash, I'm strongly considering investing in an XBox360. Since I work at Wal-Mart, I believe that I can land the Premium System (console, controller, headset, cables, 3 months of XBox live) and Madden 09 for $300, plus I get a 10% discount making the overall price roughly $270-$280. So, if any of you guys own a 360, just tell me if you think it would be a wise choice. For the record, I already have a Wii, and it is great for some games, but I'm really a sports fan, and if I'm going to play Madden, The Show, and NCAA, I believe I need a next-gen system.

So really what I'm asking is, if I can land the Premium XBox360 Console (Console, controller, headset, cables, and 3 months of XBox Live) as well as Madden 09 for $275, should I?

Ummm. YEAH. Xbox 360 has taken over my life. And at that price, its like drafting Adrian Peterson in the 4th round.
I've heard some pretty poor things about the Maddens on the 360, but anything has got to be better than playing the same game year after year on the PS2. If I can indeed get Madden 09 in the package, I think that will be the deal breaker and I'll have to do it. My paycheck was only like $300 last week, but hell, two weeks worth of work for a 360 and Madden seems like a fair deal to me. Here's hoping I can make this work.

And thanks for the feedback gibby.

Next Gen is improving every year. The NCAA game has greatly improved, and from what I've heard of Madden, it took a giant step forward this year.

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4981738#4981738

Adopt a Titan 2017: Derrick Henry and Mike Mularkey

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 198, 199, 200
Page 200 of 200

Jump to: