Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pac - Man at it again???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillipJordan2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big deal......who cares he switched his plates...im so tired of all this Pacman bashing

I dont like the guy but hes an incredible player and what he does with his life is none of our business and its ridiculous we even know he got a silly citation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipJordan2 wrote:
big deal......who cares he switched his plates...im so tired of all this Pacman bashing

I dont like the guy but hes an incredible player and what he does with his life is none of our business and its ridiculous we even know he got a silly citation

I wouldn't say incredible. He's not a demigod or anything. Pacman was a good returner, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He deserves to get bashed, he continually messes up and draws attention to himself.

Thanks, Tzimisce
PhillipJordan2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I wouldn't say incredible. He's not a demigod or anything. Pacman was a good returner, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

He deserves to get bashed, he continually messes up and draws attention to himself.

all im saying is a silly traffic violation like switching your plates is nothing to get all riled up about like most of the posters

he IS a great player and a force on the field and all im saying is its not out business what occurs in his life day to day, the only information the public should be given is that he will not be playing this season and that he may be able to play next year, nothing els should be known because it ruins the NFLs image

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillipJordan2 wrote:
all im saying is a silly traffic violation like switching your plates is nothing to get all riled up about like most of the posters

The only motive for switching plates on a car is to avoid paying money you owe to the government. So someone who makes millions is cheating to save himself thousands because he wants to drive a Lamborghini without all the fees that come with such an expensive car. You don't see that as a problem? You'd be fine with your son and entire city idolizing a guy who cheats whenever he can to avoid paying taxes? I'm different - I'd like to know if our heroes on the field are breaking the law off the field.

PhillipJordan2 wrote:
he IS a great player and a force on the field and all im saying is its not out business what occurs in his life day to day, the only information the public should be given is that he will not be playing this season and that he may be able to play next year, nothing els should be known because it ruins the NFLs image

Where do you draw the line? Should Rae Carruth still be allowed to play? You're arguing if information casts a negative light, it should just be covered up? I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
PhillipJordan2 wrote:

and a top 3 corner last year... yeah he is incredible on the field, both as a corner and returner...

BadToTheBone wrote:
VY, proving doubters wrong since college. When will people give up?

Hes a winner and will always be one.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhmmmmm guys.. the report said nothing about him switching tags.. it said the police said he did, but another side said the car had the right tags, but they were expired.

Soo, if he switched tags, why isn't there a citation for him switching his tags?

Please read the updated articles.
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roge goddell just ban him for life and be done with it

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
lol, this is nothing and you guys are jumping on it like hes been in another shootout. wow

If the average joe did it, Im sure he wouldn't get flamed as much. Its not like the guy went looking for trouble, or whatever... Sooo what he wasnt paying his insurance. I dont agree with switching the tags, but i know people who have done it.. and Who hasnt driven on expired tags.

Im not defending anything, because this is simply nothing!

A few things about this got me.....

For one you said another...and that made me laugh in it self.

Then you said so what about not paying his insurance....I don't know how old you are and I'm not taking shots...but you do realise that auto insurance is the law, right? As in if you don't have insurance you can get put in jail or your license revoked or suspended.

You're right that if this happened to any ole average joe that no one would hear about this....but then again, if this happened to any ole average joe...then he wouldn't have a license...

But then again how many average joe's are riding around in Lamborghinis????

Mr. Jones has yet to realize that with his status he is going to be looked at from every angle. He's a rolemodel....You can't honestly believe he got to the NFL and thought he could do whatever he wants and nothing bad would ever happen to him. If so, you're about as clueless as he is.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
lol, this is nothing and you guys are jumping on it like hes been in another shootout. wow

If the average joe did it, Im sure he wouldn't get flamed as much. Its not like the guy went looking for trouble, or whatever... Sooo what he wasnt paying his insurance. I dont agree with switching the tags, but i know people who have done it.. and Who hasnt driven on expired tags.

Then you said so what about not paying his insurance....I don't know how old you are and I'm not taking shots...but you do realise that auto insurance is the law, right? As in if you don't have insurance you can get put in jail or your license revoked or suspended.

You're right that if this happened to any ole average joe that no one would hear about this....but then again, if this happened to any ole average joe...then he wouldn't have a license...

Mr. Jones has yet to realize that with his status he is going to be looked at from every angle. He's a rolemodel....You can't honestly believe he got to the NFL and thought he could do whatever he wants and nothing bad would ever happen to him. If so, you're about as clueless as he is.

You should check the latest article.. I dont think it said the car didnt have insurance.. Said he couldnt provide that, nor the car's registration.

So, I guess you guys see it like this.. If he cant provide insurance he doesnt have it , so lets jump on him for breaking the law.. But at the same time he couldn't provide the registration for the vehicle, so since yall know he didn't steal it, you guys are ignoring that one.. Yet, instead of taking it into consideration maybe the guy just didnt have it on him, he should be kicked out for not having his insurance on him.

Wow.

I think you guys need to take a step back and actually look at what you guys are saying. He wasnt speeding, wasnt driving under the influence, He had expired tags and a license from Georgia.. Woow!

So he should be kicked out for that? Think for a second.. Honestly.

AND! What in the world does this have to do with the type of car hes driving??? I guess he shouldn't drive that type of car then huh? He earned it with his money so who in the world are you to tell him he shouldnt drive it. He should have had the tags updated, but even if he did, you guys would still criticize the man as being a show off and a hot head because of the type of car.
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

You should check the latest article.. I dont think it said the car didnt have insurance.. Said he couldnt provide that, nor the car's registration.

So, I guess you guys see it like this.. If he cant provide insurance he doesnt have it , so lets jump on him for breaking the law.. But at the same time he couldn't provide the registration for the vehicle, so since yall know he didn't steal it, you guys are ignoring that one.. Yet, instead of taking it into consideration maybe the guy just didnt have it on him, he should be kicked out for not having his insurance on him.

Wow.

I think you guys need to take a step back and actually look at what you guys are saying. He wasnt speeding, wasnt driving under the influence, He had expired tags and a license from Georgia.. Woow!

AND! What in the world does this have to do with the type of car hes driving??? I guess he shouldn't drive that type of car then huh? He earned it with his money so who in the world are you to tell him he shouldnt drive it. He should have had the tags updated, but even if he did, you guys would still criticize the man as being a show off and a hot head because of the type of car.

Real, wasn't making shots....and half the stuff you mentioned in yours, I said nothing about but I'll defend it.

For one...I wasn't expressing any opinion about the latest article. This was your opinion before you even read the latest article and I expressed my opinion about it also. And the whole not having insurance and not having registration. The cops should have done their job. You can't tell me he doesn't get special treatment as it already is.

Let's say you or I were driving down the street in a lamborghini with expired tags. They pull us over. I can't provide insurance or the fact that the car is even mine to begin with. What do you think they would do? I can tell you one thing...they wouldn't bypass it as little news. They would assume that we stole the vehicle. Now because they believe that Jones can pay for it they probably let it slide.

And I never stated he should be kicked out of the league for this. IMO Adam Jones doesn't deserve any more chances, but that would be stupid if he got kicked out of the NFL for an issue he didn't get arrested for.

I'm just trying to figure out why you think that him breaking the law shouldn't be talked about.

I know that every time his name comes up a lot of Titan's fans become defensive....but look at the guy. There are people in my family that "f" up all the time...I love them....but they get what they deserve. They shouldn't put themselves in those situations....time and time again. I'm not going to stick up for them when they mess up, because my family is at least smart enough to realize that their desicions have nothing to do with me...and they man up to their responsibilities. Jones needs to man up....or even in that matter grow up....something he has yet to do since he's been in the NFL.

Esteban wrote:
gibbythemute

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Wow.

Real, wasn't making shots....and half the stuff you mentioned in yours, I said nothing about but I'll defend it.

For one...I wasn't expressing any opinion about the latest article. This was your opinion before you even read the latest article and I expressed my opinion about it also. And the whole not having insurance and not having registration. The cops should have done their job. You can't tell me he doesn't get special treatment as it already is.

Let's say you or I were driving down the street in a lamborghini with expired tags. They pull us over. I can't provide insurance or the fact that the car is even mine to begin with. What do you think they would do? I can tell you one thing...they wouldn't bypass it as little news. They would assume that we stole the vehicle. Now because they believe that Jones can pay for it they probably let it slide.

And I never stated he should be kicked out of the league for this. IMO Adam Jones doesn't deserve any more chances, but that would be stupid if he got kicked out of the NFL for an issue he didn't get arrested for.

I'm just trying to figure out why you think that him breaking the law shouldn't be talked about.

I know that every time his name comes up a lot of Titan's fans become defensive....but look at the guy. There are people in my family that "f" up all the time...I love them....but they get what they deserve. They shouldn't put themselves in those situations....time and time again. I'm not going to stick up for them when they mess up, because my family is at least smart enough to realize that their desicions have nothing to do with me...and they man up to their responsibilities. Jones needs to man up....or even in that matter grow up....something he has yet to do since he's been in the NFL.

I really like what you had to say there DJ. I for one agree with you.
Pacman needs to realize that any and everything he does is going to be highlighted because of his past incidents. Whether he has expired tags, or riding a 4-wheeler on someone else's property and they call the cops, its going to be blown up into a bigger deal than it should be.

Most people, myself included, are just plain sick of hearing about Pacman. They are ready to throw him in the fire just because the media does put more emphasis on him. With that being said, I am in no way defending him. The way I look at it, he is on his last at bat with 2 strikes. He may have already struck out in Nashville as Fisher has repeatedly said they have moved on.

To those that bash Pacman and want him gone, I somewhat understand, because he is not showing anyone he is trying t change, although I personally believe he has taken a few small steps to do that, they just are overshadowed by any and everything he does wrong.

To those that defend Pacman, I also somewhat understand. The kid can play football and be one of the best to ever play his position and be one of the best returners ever. They dont want to see talent like this wasted, so they are going to defend and try and fight for someone who helps their team.

I know most all of us on this forum are biased, and that is expected. Of course we are going to defend and homer our teams. I just hope that in some form or fashion that 1 year from now, Pacman will either be making a case for himself as a positive influence showing that he is changed, or that he is still the same old out of tune character he has been portraying lately. I have faith in him, I believe he personally wants to turn it around and do whats best for himself and his family as well as those who do support him.

Good Luck Adam Pacman Jones. Only you can save yourself.

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Wow.

Im not ignoring that he has done bad, made mistakes and etc, I'm not saying that hes the nicest person in the world.

And I know not paying your insurance is against the law.. But we all look at it different ways. On your street right now, You might have like 30% of those people not paying insurance on their car . (My brother has one he drives thats not insured) .. I have discussions all the time with people who are in the insurance business about insurance and alot of the things i say about it, even they agree.

Yes, a car should be insured.. My response and the way I responded were towards the ones who act like not being insured is like the biggest crime in the world, and thats how people responded to such a minor thing.

We will all discuss any and everything that comes up with Pacman from now to the end of his NFL career, He needs to straighten up.. Maybe he is, But this incident right here I wouldn't throw it in the pile of an example of him not straightening up.

I just don't like when people act like they never heard of someone driving on expired tags, and/or not having their papers on them.. And then when SOME people respond, they respond without reading any later articles and getting updated on the story.. They still come in and bash bash bash.

Im not defending pacman , im defending the situation and trying to throw a bit of realism in here. Alot of people reply and act like they're living in a fantasy world, where having a license thats not from that state you live in the highest crime in the world.

While I respect your decision and your view on the whole thing, I do agree with you that he should straighten up in those other areas and take more note his tags and things like this, because people are watching every little thing he does , and will talk talk talk him down , even on things like this.

What I don't agree on is saying he should switch his type of car, because it attracts attention of the police. Thats the police problem if the type of car that particular person is driving makes them want to pull them over.

I believe, whoever you are, and no matter what you've done.. and you earned it fair and square.. Do whatever in the world you want with it.
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said he should change the type of car he was driving. But you and I both know that if someone is driving a Lamborghini down your street...you're gonna notice. Why would someone want to be noticed if they don't have their title??? or if they have expired tags??? or if they don't have insurance on their car???

I think it just comes down to.....Pacman knows he's being watched very closely. He just has to remebr to dot those i's and cross those t's....bc if he doesn't he could lose a lot. He has to realize he's walking on egg shells....but for some reason, it never seems as though he realizes it.

btw....the new Harry Potter movie was good.......thought I'd throw that in there...hehe

Esteban wrote:
therealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
I never said he should change the type of car he was driving. But you and I both know that if someone is driving a Lamborghini down your street...you're gonna notice. Why would someone want to be noticed if they don't have their title??? or if they have expired tags??? or if they don't have insurance on their car???

I think it just comes down to.....Pacman knows he's being watched very closely. He just has to remebr to dot those i's and cross those t's....bc if he doesn't he could lose a lot. He has to realize he's walking on egg shells....but for some reason, it never seems as though he realizes it.

btw....the new Harry Potter movie was good.......thought I'd throw that in there...hehe

I know you'll be noticed in a lambo.. But the reason he was pulled over in the first place is a cop told another cop he didn't have a license, so the cop figured he would pull him over based on that. That was the reason so far... And that alone is not enough reason
RAIDER523

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
DjBuddaH wrote:

I know you'll be noticed in a lambo.. But the reason he was pulled over in the first place is a cop told another cop he didn't have a license, so the cop figured he would pull him over based on that. That was the reason so far... And that alone is not enough reason
Actually that is enough reason to pull him over since driving a car is considered a privilege in this country. And the reason a lot of people are on his case so hard is because of the previous trouble hes gotten into. Unfortunately for Pacman the charges of putting another plate on his car and not insuring the vehicle he was driving are probably true and will just further seal his fate of never playing in the NFL again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: