Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pac - Man at it again???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:
Pacman will continue to do this stupid stuff as long as someone is supplying him with a paycheck.

Cut him loose, move on.

The trouble is that the Titans can't cut PacMan Jones because the NFL's CBA prevents measures like that. The only time they can cut a player (especially a high draft pick) is if they don't feel that he can play football at the level necessary to make the team. If they were to cut him, his attorney and the player's union can actually file a grievance and sue the team and the NFL. That's what Quincy Carter did when the Cowboys cut him 3 years ago. Because he was still considered to be able to play at the NFL level, cutting him violated the CBA...and Quincy won that lawsuit. The Cowboys were forced to buy him out of the rest of his contract as well as pay him an undisclosed amount in damages.
Are you sure about that Plan? What about the Bears releasing Tank after his last run in down in Vegas?

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
A question: Since the ticket was simply failure to show proof of insurance, does that mean it's possible he was insured but didn't have his card with him? Or does law enforcement usually not cite you if you really are insured but don't have a card along to prove it?

On a somewhat humorous note, I wonder what Pac's insurance premium is. Can you imagine calculating his risk factor as an insurance agent?
It all depends on the state that you are in and the technology that they have. Here in Jersey, we are able to see if you have insurance or not by running the Tags or registration # or the Vin #. Here in Jersey it is also law that you can not have a valid registration with out being insured. As soon as your insurance is dropped for anyreason, that company by law has to notify Motor Vehicles of the dropped coverage, Motor Vehicles then voids your registration.

I see a voided registration, car gets impounded, you go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
It all depends on the state that you are in and the technology that they have. Here in Jersey, we are able to see if you have insurance or not by running the Tags or registration # or the Vin #. Here in Jersey it is also law that you can not have a valid registration with out being insured. As soon as your insurance is dropped for anyreason, that company by law has to notify Motor Vehicles of the dropped coverage, Motor Vehicles then voids your registration.

I see a voided registration, car gets impounded, you go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Thanks, taz! I didn't realize the insurance companies were starting to get linked into law enforcement as well. That's good news.

Plan's comment makes sense to me. That would explain why we haven't released him yet. It might also explain the Tank situation since he was a 2nd rounder (47th) overall. I would imagine if an arbitrator comes into play, you can't ask him to break down film and become an NFL expert so maybe he looks at raw numbers of percentage who start based on the draft position. (Just a guess) Pac's draft position of #6 overall likely means he's got a better case of wrongful termination if we do release him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I can't wait til the day Tennessee releases Pacman. I'm going to save all these things you guys are saying to defend him so when the time comes where you all are like, "Man, he wasn't even that good anyway. All he did was cause trouble blah blah blah" I'm going to remind you of what you've been saying.

Kind of like the whole Chris Brown thing. When you all thought he was on his way out of Tennessee, all I saw were things like, "He was injured all the time. We don't need him. Good riddance." Oh, but after he signs with Tennessee it's "Awww well, you know, he is a very good talent and probably will be competing for the starting job. I'm glad he's still with us."

Y'all crack me up.
1 TD
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see one Titans fan speaking on Jones's behalf in this thread.

Besides, the purpose of this forum is discussion and analysis of the days news; not proclaiming your plans for a future "I told you so" post.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that

But I counted four people who are defending him Think
1 TD
pierrepet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
Regardless... there's just no need to take that action yet. I'd be fine with cutting him but I'm ok with keeping him too cause it's not hurting us financially or taking up space on our roster.

As long as the Tennessee Titans organization, Jeff Fischer and the Titan's owner do not mind looking like fools, then I guess you are right, there is no need to cut him.

Regarding PLAN9's comments, I thought the Quincy Carter incident stemmed from the fact that he was cut because of a failed drug test, which violated the NFLPA contract. I don't know if the rules are the same for morons that need police intervention on a daily basis.

Moreover, what kind of world do we live in where a court system would actually allow a moron like Adam Jones to come to court and sue an organization that handed him millions of dollars only to see him embarras them. It is sad, very sad.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys think just because no one is bashing him like hes the scum of the earth they're defending him.

Its pretty simple...

Is this big news.. or not?

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070712/SPORTS01/707120401/1027 (says police who stopped him has been talking about stopping pacman for sometime when he sees him)

Regardless if Pacman has bought this attention on himself, you guys will keep saying he has, even if he continues to be unfairly targeted, even without attracting attention to himself and asking for trouble.

I just think its downright pointless and stupid to even have 4 pages about this bashing the man for some tags.. Its ridiculous.
2ToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not being charged with tag swapping, and the police department have now it's up in the air on what they're trying to charge him with.

Prediction: Thrown out of court

Quote:
Robinson said his copy of the June 10 citation also included a charge of tag swapping. But Rhoades insisted Thursday that Jones was cited for just three offenses: the residency violation and lacking proof of insurance and lacking proof of registration.

Robinson said the car had the proper tag issued in December 2006

The police even wrote on the citation that he pulled him over due to another cop stating Pacman didn't have a license. If that's not targetting someone I'm not sure what is.

Quote:
That citation included the notation that the deputy made the stop because another deputy told him the cornerback had no driver's license.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10254641

Last edited by 2ToneBlue on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
2ToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish 11 wrote:
I only see one Titans fan speaking on Jones's behalf in this thread.

Besides, the purpose of this forum is discussion and analysis of the days news; not proclaiming your plans for a future "I told you so" post.
I'm not sure anyone cares to do the research, and will take whatever the hear first as "man law."

Since it is our player it's not unusual for fans to read more about it and find out more information rather than being fed garbage by ESPN daily.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:
Pacman will continue to do this stupid stuff as long as someone is supplying him with a paycheck.

Cut him loose, move on.

The trouble is that the Titans can't cut PacMan Jones because the NFL's CBA prevents measures like that. The only time they can cut a player (especially a high draft pick) is if they don't feel that he can play football at the level necessary to make the team. If they were to cut him, his attorney and the player's union can actually file a grievance and sue the team and the NFL. That's what Quincy Carter did when the Cowboys cut him 3 years ago. Because he was still considered to be able to play at the NFL level, cutting him violated the CBA...and Quincy won that lawsuit. The Cowboys were forced to buy him out of the rest of his contract as well as pay him an undisclosed amount in damages.
Are you sure about that Plan? What about the Bears releasing Tank after his last run in down in Vegas?

I'm quite sure. I read that information in the NFL CBA itself. The league doesn't always enforce the issue because it is written in very general terms, but a team cannot release a player until he is actually convicted of a specific crime. Because Jones only took plea bargains previously and has yet to face an actual conviction, the Titans can't outright release him like the Bears did.

The Bears were able to release Tank Johnson because he was convicted of the gun crimes in Arizona and spent 4 months in jail. They could've released him at any point once he was convicted, but opted to wait to see if he got into trouble again. As soon as he did, they released him due to conduct that was detrimental to the team.

PacMan, however, is currently serving his suspension for those reasons, so he can't be released unless he is convicted of a crime in any of his numerous court cases.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2ToneBlue wrote:
He's not being charged with tag swapping, and the police department have now it's up in the air on what they're trying to charge him with.

Prediction: Thrown out of court

Quote:
Robinson said his copy of the June 10 citation also included a charge of tag swapping. But Rhoades insisted Thursday that Jones was cited for just three offenses: the residency violation and lacking proof of insurance and lacking proof of registration.

Robinson said the car had the proper tag issued in December 2006

The police even wrote on the citation that he pulled him over due to another cop stating Pacman didn't have a license. If that's not targetting someone I'm not sure what is.

Quote:
That citation included the notation that the deputy made the stop because another deputy told him the cornerback had no driver's license.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10254641

I like this one

Quote:
Robinson said the car had the proper tag issued in December 2006 and that Georgia remains Jones' primary residence, which is why he has a Georgia license. But Robinson added Jones might obtain a Tennessee license to show in court with his registration and insurance.

gibbythemute

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know why this is a big deal now? It happened a month ago and was reported then and now everybody is just now jumping on it because espn reports it on their site?

http://www.cbs46.com/video/13657836/index.html

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the offseason.. some of these guys would find anything just to bash the guy again.. something so small as this.. Bet you they wouldnt even click on the latest articles
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:

Cut him loose, move on.

I'm quite sure. I read that information in the NFL CBA itself. The league doesn't always enforce the issue because it is written in very general terms, but a team cannot release a player until he is actually convicted of a specific crime. Because Jones only took plea bargains previously and has yet to face an actual conviction, the Titans can't outright release him like the Bears did.

The Bears were able to release Tank Johnson because he was convicted of the gun crimes in Arizona and spent 4 months in jail. They could've released him at any point once he was convicted, but opted to wait to see if he got into trouble again. As soon as he did, they released him due to conduct that was detrimental to the team.

PacMan, however, is currently serving his suspension for those reasons, so he can't be released unless he is convicted of a crime in any of his numerous court cases.
Thanks Plan for the clarification on the CBA. I have been wondering that for some time now. Where did you find that information at?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: