You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrence Copper

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Terrence Copper Reply with quote

What do you all think of WR Terrence Copper?

Personally, I dislike him. He makes plays sometimes but I've seen him choke in the big situations a couple times and he single-handedly cost the Saints the Steelers game. I just wanted to know why Payton was even keeping him around... and what you guys thought of him.

Also, your thoughts on Fred Thomas would be interesting to hear too.

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copper is a really good 4th option and not much more. He may see some time at #2 this year but not much probably.

He did infact cost us the Steelers game but we didn't exactly play well as a team.

I do like that he is still on the team though.

As far as Fred Thomas goes, he will be used as a nickle or dime CB this year. the only reason why he is still around is b/c he took a pay cut. I was glad to see the Saints be loyal to him though.

Keato
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copper isn't that bad, just not that good either. He did have some key first down receptions and not to forget his Hail Mary reception, but he's not bad or anything.

Fred Thomas has not ALWAYS been horrible, I was glad to see him take a cut, and the Saints be loyal. But I am glad he is no longer starting.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
gatoralex911

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having him as a 4th reciever is a great option ha is laot better than most teams fourth reciever. I remeber when he cought the hail mary pass nice catch. Very Happy
Deeneaus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'eh...I echo what the others have said about Copper...

I think Fred Thomas will thrive in the nickel spot this year. I also think he takes what happened last year as motivation to excel this year. I expect big things from him this year (well, I guess the big things would be his not letting others create their own big things) and have a strong feeling he will not disappoint.
rant67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copper is a great option at WR for the Saints. He is excelling in their scheme more than I ever felt he would have with my Cowboys. He is just fine there and is not costing them any losses just yet.

To always be remembered...
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually quite fond of both. Copper started to come around near the end of the season and adjusted well to being a starter. I actually think he will be at the #2 or #3 spot at the beginning season because he is more acclimated to the system. He's a solid receiver and won me over as the season progressed. By mid season he could be the 3rd or 4th option depending on the progression of Meachem and whether he is healthy enough to start.

As for Thomas, I'm glad he took the pay cut and I hope that the team doesn't let him go. He's been solid for us since he's been here getting all of his career interceptions as a Saint. I think the good outweighs the bad. He had a decent year but the image him getting killed on double moves eclisped that. He may not be the starter but I can at least see him competing for a spot. I see him being our nickel and helping out on the progression of our younger corners.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: