Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Stokley back on field with Broncos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rant67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Brandon Stokley back on field with Broncos Reply with quote

After suffering a Achilles' tendon injury last November Stokley is back and feeling better than ever as he is now on the field practicing.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/10250764

To always be remembered...
BigBen7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Stokley will have any shot at being the Broncos #2 WR?

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that Stockley getting back on the field could have a potential domino effect:

Quote:
With WR Brandon Stokley ahead of schedule in the rehab process following Achilles surgery and the coaching staff excited about second-year WR Domenik Hixon, word out of Denver is that the declining 37-year-old Rod Smith could have a difficult time making it out of camp.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2931425
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:

No chance. Brandon Marshall is Denver's #2. The best case scenario for Stokley is 3rd WR but even that may be unlikely. Domenik Hixon looks to be impressing a lot of people.

Thanks, Tzimisce
rant67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
I'm beginning to lean in that direction. According to Jetsalltheway39's article it might be so.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2931425

To always be remembered...
BigBen7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
No chance. Brandon Marshall is Denver's #2.

I really liked what I saw from this guy last year. He's got great speed for a guy of his size.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

No chance. Brandon Marshall is Denver's #2. The best case scenario for Stokley is 3rd WR but even that may be unlikely. Domenik Hixon looks to be impressing a lot of people.

Who's Hixon? Doesn't Rod Smith still factor into the equation for the Broncos? Or is he starting to fade into the sunset?

Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall should be a pretty good tandem at receiver for the Broncos. If Cutler plays up to potential, that offense could be downright scary.
WyoBronc07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

Who's Hixon? Doesn't Rod Smith still factor into the equation for the Broncos? Or is he starting to fade into the sunset?

Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall should be a pretty good tandem at receiver for the Broncos. If Cutler plays up to potential, that offense could be downright scary.

Hixon was injured all of last season and wasn't able to contributre. The Bronco organization is EXTREMLY high on this guy. The big questions with rod are his age and how he comes off the surgery. Everyone in Denver would love for Rod to be in contention for the number two spot, but right now it isn't in the cards for him.

^w4rrior723 on the sick sig!
Broncos_Rule23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WyoBronc07 wrote:
texansfan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

Hixon was injured all of last season and wasn't able to contributre. The Bronco organization is EXTREMLY high on this guy. The big questions with rod are his age and how he comes off the surgery. Everyone in Denver would love for Rod to be in contention for the number two spot, but right now it isn't in the cards for him.

Brandon as of now is looking at the 4th reciever spot. Also as many have mentioned, Domenik Hixon. He in his 2nd year is really making an immpression of the Denver Bronco organzation. Domenik also has been in the mix for the starting kick, and punt return job. He is a physical reciever who runs sharp routes. He may not be the fastest guy, but he makes good, sharp cuts to get open and can use his speed to beat defenders downfield. Also Domenik ran a 4.45 forty. I like the potential with Domenik. As far as Brandon Stokley, he will add much needed depth at the reciever spot, aswell as make for a good slot reciever. I am sad to say, but Rod may not even make the team. He has had a significant loss in role aswell. As of now, Brandon Marshall is the number 2 guy, unless his groin bothers him, or he screws up horribly, it is his job.

Props To arem20 on the awesome sig
NBA- New Jersey
NFL- Denver
NCAAB- Terps
Tennis- Andy Murray

Last edited by Broncos_Rule23 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

Hixon was a WR at Akron. He's a speedster to say the least. He was drafted, and some ranked him ahead of Hester in terms of ability. He's fast, but small. Still he could be a nice slot guy. If Marshall doesn't fade, theres gonna be alot of firepower in Denver's offense.

Thanks, Tzimisce
dominate26

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

no Marshall will be the number 2, Stokley will fight with Smith for the #3 spot. Im glad to see him back on the field, and i hope he can stay healthy
Broncos_Rule23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I know this is somewhat irrelevant to the topic but check out how Brandon feels about Jay. These are some pretty serious comparrisons about Jay, Brandon definatly likes Jay. Here is the link http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_6336437. I love having Brandon in Denver, however I would compare Jay moreso to a Brett Favre type rather than Peyton.

Props To arem20 on the awesome sig
NBA- New Jersey
NFL- Denver
NCAAB- Terps
Tennis- Andy Murray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: