You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameplan: Week 3 vs. Tennessee

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattmatt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Gameplan: Week 3 vs. Tennessee Reply with quote

Alright guys, time for another addition of gameplan.

Week 3 pits us against Tennessee and brings our first Home game of the year.

Tennessee's offense doesn't boast much fire power after Vince Young and our defense knows that. The game plan needs to be stopping Vince from running. I have not been impressed with Vince's arm and as it stands right now would rather have him throwing than running against us. The recievers are not better than 3 or 4th options and the running will be lacking. If we can keep Vince from taking off then this should be a fairly easy day for the Defense. We don't have the most althletic LB's in the game but they are smart and know how to tackle. Either Shanle or Fujita should be locked on Vince all day and if he even thinks about running they will be all over him. It will also be important for Will Smith and Charles Grant to keep contain on the outside to help keep Vince in the pocket.

our Offense will have a little bit tougher time with their defense but really shouldn't be a problem. The running game will excell and the passing game should do even better. I want to see the offense be balanced and keep Vince off the field.

Keato

Last edited by mattmatt on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean second Primetime game Wink Indy is the first.

The name of the game is containment. VY stays in the pocket. I don't think Lendale White can win the game for them, outside of VY their offense doesn't have alot of big playmakers. So the key is to keep Vince from running, keep Lendale from running, and solid play from the DBs. I have no doubt in my mind we will win this game. But I would have said the same thing last season about Washington...

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
mattmatt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
You mean second Primetime game Wink Indy is the first.

The name of the game is containment. VY stays in the pocket. I don't think Lendale White can win the game for them, outside of VY their offense doesn't have alot of big playmakers. So the key is to keep Vince from running, keep Lendale from running, and solid play from the DBs. I have no doubt in my mind we will win this game. But I would have said the same thing last season about Washington...

oh yeah, forgot the Indy game was primetime...whoops!

The gameplan for this game really isn't that hard. It could get out of hand pretty quick if Tennessee isn't ready.

Keato
ako

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we just need the same gameplan as in the home opener last year against the falcons. DE contain + Roman Harper as a spy + no heavy blitzing (we all saw VY run over houston in overtime when they sent the house at him)
Nature

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be an ugly game

Saints 28 Titans 6

justwinbaby81 wrote:
(Porter owns Bailey).
39-23 FF pick'em
whodatsims

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it will be at the Dome!!!! I will defiantly play my part as the 12th man!! Who Dat!!!
Saints Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense: This will be a simple job for the offense. With the depleted secondary of the Titans i would love for Drew Brees to air it out early and really test their defense and then this will open up our running game inside. This will not be a real test of our offensive prowess.

Defense: Just like the Falcons game our DEs need to play containement with Harper as a spy and and the LBs always watching out for Vince Young. I would like to play man coverage considering their very weak WR corp. Playing man coverage will help us very much with our run defense and stop VY and their RBs. The name of the game here is to stop VY and the run and then we got this game in the bag.

I am predicting a W 27-10

Props to saintsfan for the mad sig
mattmatt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints Fan wrote:
Offense: This will be a simple job for the offense. With the depleted secondary of the Titans i would love for Drew Brees to air it out early and really test their defense and then this will open up our running game inside. This will not be a real test of our offensive prowess.

Defense: Just like the Falcons game our DEs need to play containement with Harper as a spy and and the LBs always watching out for Vince Young. I would like to play man coverage considering their very weak WR corp. Playing man coverage will help us very much with our run defense and stop VY and their RBs. The name of the game here is to stop VY and the run and then we got this game in the bag.

I am predicting a W 27-10

looks good to me! You are right about stopping Vince being the first goal

Keato
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints are going to take this pretty easily IMO. I think Vince could have a big game, but the Saints offense is going to be way too strong for the Titans defense. I mean how are the Titans going to stop Brees and the passing game let alone Bush and McCalister out of the backfield.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw this game on the schedule I was worried because it has upset written all over it. Vince Young could very well take over this game and rally the troops to win. On paper it should be a blow out.

Defensely, it's already been said and it has to be said again; Young needs to be contained. In this game I want our DTsto stand their ground and NOT draw Young out and our DEs keeping him contained in the pocket. Much like was done against Vick with Harper being the spy(I apologize for being redundant.) Other than that I don't see many problems they could present. I'm hoping for quite a bit of picks from the secondary. Not afraid of their receivers and our D-line should manhandle their O-line. I am a bit weary of their running game. It'll be interesting to see what White, Brown, and maybe even Chris bring to the table. A minor concern but it shouldn't be overlooked.

Offensely, we should be running on all cylinders. A fast paced methodical game. Picking apart their defense throw the air and killing them with the running attack. Really push their defense and see what they have to offer.

Should be a blowout but if the team goes in thinking it's a walk in a park, we will lose. This is our game to lose.
santibanezaa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Payton will let them be laxidaisical, and it's in the dome. 'Nuff said.

Thanks to ElipticDawg for the sickest sig ever.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: