Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jetsalltheway39 Presents: Football's Future Survival Guide
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Jetsalltheway39 Presents: Football's Future Survival Guide Reply with quote

After reading Ramsfan28's College Survival Guide, it inspired me to create a similar format regarding Football's Future. Jetsalltheway39 Productions Presents...

Football's Future Survival Guide
A quick and easy guide on how to follow the lenient rules and lingo of Football's Future.

Follow the Rules!

Even on the site that some of us refer to as paradise, there are rules that every poster needs to abide by. When you glance over the rules you would think there wouldn't even have to be any, due to the fact they are so darn obvious. Yet many people seem oblivious to these very simple and understandable rules. So before you begin sharing your wealth of knowledge with the forums, take a minute to review The Simple Rules of Football's Future.

Use Your Head When Posting!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize posting a topic entitled Post the Most Disgusting Picture You Can Find or The Reason Why Jets Fans Suck is a bad idea. After step one you should be well equipped with the rules and a step like this should not even be necessary. However, everyone needs reassurance when it comes to using your brain; even in the most obvious of situations. So unless you are inviting the Webmaster to issue you a permanent ban I would suggest using the full capacity of your brain when creating a thread or post. Another free tip; if you are iffy on whether your post is acceptable or not, it would be a good idea to clarify your projected post with a mod.

Type Legibly!

We all went to school for a reason; a primary reason was to learn how to write. It is nearly impossible for people to sit through your post when the writing looks like: Johnson iz da koolest playa in da NFL. In order to get your point across clearly, accurately and painlessly to others, use those great writing skills you learned in grade school! Its also never a bad idea to proof read your post before you post it; thus making sure your post flows correctly and eliminating typos.

Don't Repeat Threads!

I understand the thrill, excitement and awe you get when you create your own thread, but if the thread already exist, why repeat it? Not having a search function is no excuse as to why you accidentally duplicate a thread. A quick skim of the first and second page will let you know if the thread is already in existence. You also save everyone an ample amount of time by doing so: Posters won't complain that you duplicated a thread and a mod won't have to take the time to lock your thread. So, get in the habit of doing a brief search before you create a thread!

Act Civily!

To put a new spin on the classic WAR song: The choice of your team don't matter to me - As long as we can live in harmony - Why can't we be friends? One of the most important things for a Football's Future Poster to know is to not attack another poster. Just because someone has a different favorite team than you or disagrees with your opinion gives you no right to attack them. When you start name calling like a child, it makes other posters, well... think you actually are a child. Still blurry on what I mean? The infamous vike daddy made this pronouncement:

vike daddy wrote:
it's important for members to learn the difference between attacking a poster's opinion and the poster themself.

one we allow, one we do not.

So whenever you have the urge to attack another poster, sing to yourself:
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Make Insightful Post!

The cliché Quality over quantity goes hand-in-hand with the forums at Football's Future. Nobody likes seeing, or will bother reading for that part, your one word posts while some other members take the time to provide an indepth analysis. By creating insightful and detailed post, not only do you distribute your knowledge to the world, but it makes you feel good knowing you taught somebody something. As the old saying goes, "The more details the better."

R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Perhaps the single, most important thing on the site; showing respect to yourself, other posters and Webby. This also includes instigating other members by making derogatory comments. If everyone shows respect, there will never be fights, name calling or breaking of any of the rules. Webby has been generous enough to keep this site free of charge, so we owe him and each other mutual respect.

If we all follow this simple survival guide we should all have fun, learn something and teach others something. Doing all of this while following the rules of the forum and being respectful at the same time. So lets get out there and make some quality posts!
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway39 wrote:

I would like to know what the fine print in the lower right hand corner says.

And we have yet another great post from Jetsalltheway39.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Great Post!

Vike Daddy will love you!

El Ramster on the amazing work
ThePhinisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
Jetsalltheway39 wrote:

I would like to know what the fine print in the lower right hand corner says.

And we have yet another great post from Jetsalltheway39.

I ran over it with windows magnifier, it is not legible. Probably says "paid for with your lunch money"

Sig by me, Request one here: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66751
Grasspike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a mod sticky this and post it at the top of every forum?

Sig by matthouston91
J-E-T-S

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
How about a mod sticky this and post it at the top of every forum?

Because it already is at the top of every forum. Jetsalltheway39 just put it in layman's terms. Good post btw.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great post Jetsalltheway39 i think everyone needs to read this!

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...

Ima keep a copy in my back pocket.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Last edited by Phire on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
6th 1's Romo's

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo, bravo. Great post, I think some of us needed a little refresher.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes following the rules fun!

Houston born.
Random Colts fan doe
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
Haha Great Post!

Vike Daddy will love you!

sniff sniff...

i need a little time to myself now, guys.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause

You're at it again... great post. Although the rules are at the top of every forum guys, this is a nice reminder of what FF is all about.
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I just thought with everybody needing a refresher on the rules, this would be a fun, humorous yet informative way of explaining them.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway39 wrote:

I just thought with everybody needing a refresher on the rules, this would be a fun, humorous yet informative way of explaining them.

I take it the "Don't repeat threads" part was aimed a little in my direction....I've broken that rule twice in 2 days, lol. Anyway, great post man!

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
Jetsalltheway39 wrote:

I take it the "Don't repeat threads" part was aimed a little in my direction....I've broken that rule twice in 2 days, lol. Anyway, great post man!

Nope, wasn't headed in your direction at all. People repeat threads all the time despite it being right below. It was just a reminder to all to check threads before you create a new one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: