You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

saints sign dhani jones!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyguy594

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: saints sign dhani jones!! Reply with quote

hes a co host on NFL Total acess and he said live..

great signing
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid signing. I can see him giving Shanle a run for his money for the starting role. I'm gonna need a link though, but I'll take your word for it.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So am I the only one who's not that excited? Shanle was very solid and very underrated. I don't see Jones getting his job easy, and I know Fujita's job is locked up. Like I said before, I think this is a depth move.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not ecstatic, but I see it as a solid depth signing and a guy that can increase the competition for a starting LB role. This insures we have the best people on the field. I'm hoping for some more signings for the defensive side of the ball before the start of camp.
Broad Street Bullies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man
you all better hope jones doesn't become a starter
i, on the other hand, am keeping my fingers crossed that he does
mike dizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broad Street Bullies wrote:
oh man

This time last year, you all were talking the same kind of junk about Hollis and he turned out to be a beast for us.

Have you considered that maybe the reason your defense has problem stopping the run is because of scheme or people playing out of position?
ILuvMyAints123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the signing. I doubt he will start, but he provides sufficient depth incase of injury.

Most of you might not care, but here is a link to his personal website...

http://www.dhani55.com/default.asp

Shock #26 Awe #25
Pick-The-Winner Contest Total: 620
Broad Street Bullies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike dizzle wrote:
oh man

This time last year, you all were talking the same kind of junk about Hollis and he turned out to be a beast for us.

Have you considered that maybe the reason your defense has problem stopping the run is because of scheme or people playing out of position?

i honestly never in a million years would have seen the day when that fat "i just work here" slob would be good.
its possible that the system was wrong and that players could have been used wrong. but watching 2 straight seasons of dhani jones get beat in every single facet of defense had me calling for him to get cut since 2005.
flyguy594

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike dizzle wrote:
oh man

i honestly never in a million years would have seen the day when that fat "i just work here" slob would be good.
its possible that the system was wrong and that players could have been used wrong. but watching 2 straight seasons of dhani jones get beat in every single facet of defense had me calling for him to get cut since 2005.

dude lighten up...

this guy wasnt a slouch when he was with the giants, and he played his natural position.. and with the eagles, they always alternated their LB's... I noticed that when i rewatched the game they played us....

theres alot worse out there than dhani jones..

quite bein a PESTIMESS..

exspecially if u a saints fan..

COME ON
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike dizzle wrote:
oh man

I'm a firm believer in if you put someone in the right situation and give them the opportunity, they can succeed. Jones may have not been effective for the Eagles, but that doesn't mean he'll be terrible for the Saints. And last year showed that we can be successful with guys that didn't pan out for other teams but ended up being great players for us. Jones could make a push for a starting spot and increase the competiveness at camp. As they always say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy594 wrote:
mike dizzle wrote:
oh man

dude lighten up...

this guy wasnt a slouch when he was with the giants, and he played his natural position.. and with the eagles, they always alternated their LB's... I noticed that when i rewatched the game they played us....

quite bein a PESTIMESS..

COME ON

I believe he is an Eagles fan if I'm not mistaken.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that I have watched the entire episode of NFL Network with Dhani Jones, I have one question...JUST WHO THE HECK DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS?!! Do we need another self-absorbed, look at me attention grubber like this? We just released Joe Horn. I am really not to high on this one, guys. But hey, I have been wrong before.

Broad Street Bullies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy594 wrote:
mike dizzle wrote:
oh man

dude lighten up...

quite bein a PESTIMESS..

COME ON

1) i'm an eagles fan
2) Pessimist

and navysaintsfan he's not that self absorbed. he never really spoke out when he was a eagle. the only time he ever showboated was when he made a play and did his stupid air guitar dance.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I'll find out what he's about when the season starts.

mattmatt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like he has only missed 1 game his entire career! That is pretty good. I was wanting to sign him a few years ago when he left N.Y. I think this is a good move.

EDIT: This is post number 10000 for this forum!

Keato

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: