Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jetsalltheway39's Fantasy Football Preview
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Jetsalltheway39's Fantasy Football Preview Reply with quote

Need help when drafting your Fantasy Football Team? Well, you are in luck as your friend Jetsalltheway39 has just released his Fantasy Football Preview. Through this extensive preview you will find rankings, some interviews, and tons of sleeper picks. Let this be a guide for newcomers to Fantasy Football as well as a point of reference for those who are looking to fine tune there game. Also this post continues onto the post right below it, as it is to lengthy to fit onto one post. Without further ado, I present to you: The Best Free Fantasy Football Preview in the World, or other wise known as:

Rankings
Ever have trouble deciding between two running backs when you are on the clock? This is the section for you then as I will break down QB, RB, WR, TE and DEF rankings for the 2007 Fantasy Football Season. Keep in mind these rankings are based upon standard Yahoo! League scoring with 10 teams involved.

Status Key:
Stud: This guy is a fantasy stud and should basically start every week regardless of the match-up. These guys are usually the top picks of there draft. These players will start all 16 games for you.
Starter: This guy has proven himself to be an excellent fantasy player and should start most weeks unless you feel the match-up is to difficult. These guys will start most weeks but some games, for whatever reason, you don't trust them and should bench them. These guys can also be prior studs that are coming off injuries or are known to be injury prone. These players will start around 13 - 15 games for you.
Rotation Starter: This player has potential to develop into a solid starter, but as of now is going to have his good weeks and bad weeks. This player can be used as a starter, but you should have another rotation starter paired up with him and play the match-up that will provide the best chance of success. These players will usually start between 5 - 12 games for you.
Rotation Depth: This player will rarely start and should only be put into the starting lineup when you have a feeling he will excel in a particular game. These players are usually solid depth players and will occasionally out perform your number one guy on your team. These players will usually start 2-5 games for you.
Depth: Clearly on your team for depth purposes only. You should have no intention of playing this player, unless he magically breaks out. These players will usually start 1-2 games for you.

Quarterbacks
Below is a ranking of the top 32 quarterbacks for this upcoming fantasy season. I ranked one quarterback per team, and that quarterback is the player I think will end up starting.

1) Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts
Manning is clearly the top quarterback once again this year. Last year Manning outscored the second highest point getter within the quarterback position by 50 points and ranked 4th among all players. With the offense still solid and Anthony Gonzalez added to the mix, Manning is no doubt the number one fantasy quarterback.

2) Drew Brees - New Orleans Saints
This is where things start to get interesting, as many people are uncertain who is the number two quarterback this year. I like Brees though, the offense should only improve with a second year in the system and the Saints should have a nice balanced attack. With Marques Colston and Devery Henderson improving and with the addition of rookie wide out Robert Meachem and tight end Eric Johnson the offense should not miss a beat. Lets not forget they also have one of the most explosive players in the game, Reggie Bush.

3) Carson Palmer - Cincinnati Bengals
There is nothing not to like about Carson Palmer when it comes to fantasy football. Last year Palmer put up eye popping stats despite returning from his torn ACL. Now fully healthy, a solid offensive line, Rudi carrying the load and Ocho Cinco and Whosyourmomma starting at wide out, Palmer should easily pass the 30 touch down mark.

4) Tom Brady - New England Patriots
Brady has a knack for making something out of nothing in the past, but that should all change this year as he now has a few somethings. With new toys Randy Moss, Dontť Stallworth and Wes Welker, Brady should have a career year. Brady has never thrown over 30 touchdowns in a single season but that could possibly change this year. With Brady you know you are going to get consistency and an injury free player.

5) Marc Bulger - St. Louis Rams
Marc Bulger had a career year last year amassing 4301 passing yards, 24 touchdowns and a measly 8 interceptions. With Steven Jackson continuing to improve as well as the run game and newly acquired players Drew Bennett and Randy McMichael, along with a second year in the system, Bulger should be a great option to start every week.

6) Donovan McNabb - Philadelphia Eagles
Donovan McNabb should be healthy and ready to go come opening day. McNabb is constantly a top fantasy player and surely should not disappoint this year. If McNabb can stay healthy you won't have to worry about depth except for the bye weeks; but considering McNabb has a tendency to get hurt I think a solid reserve won't hurt. Injury aside, McNabb should have a great year with underrated Reggie Brown, newly acquired Kevin Curtis and Westbrook coming out of the backfield.

7) Matt Hasselbeck - Seattle Seahawks
I believe Matt Hasselbeck had a fluke season last year but I expect him to return to his 2005 form this year. With a healthy Alexander and more than capable wide receivers and Holmgren still the coach, Hasselbeck should have a good year. Hasselbeck should be a constant starter in my opinion as I expect him to return to old form.

8) Jon Kitna - Detroit Lions
Kitna is one of my sleepers this year and I expect him to surprise many. With Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey, Kitna should have plenty of options this upcoming year. Playing in a Mike Martz controlled offense Kitna simply just needs to be a product of the system, something he is fully capable of. Look for Kitna to surprise many this year and have some standout games.

9) Vince Young - Tennessee Titans
Vince Young doesn't have much help around him but he should be apply to put the offense on his shoulders. With a top coaching staff and Young possessing the threat to run and pass he should put up good numbers as he continues to improve as a quarterback.

10) Phillip Rivers - San Diego Chargers
Phillip Rivers is going to be entering his second season as a full time starter. With LT in the backfield and the best safety net in the NFL, Antonio Gates, it should not be hard for Rivers to compile a good fantasy year. With Vincent Jackson improving and hopefully 1st round pick Craig Davis making a solid contribution Rivers should only continue to improve. Norv Turner should also help in his progression as a quarterback.

11) Matt Leinart - Arizona Cardinals
Ken Whisenhunt was brought into the Cardinals this year and he is one of the better offensive minds in the game. Matt Leinart will have a ton of talent around him and could possibly lead the Cardinals to the promise land this year. If the offensive line is able to remain consistent throughout the year Leinart should put up great numbers.

12) Tony Romo - Dallas Cowboys
I for one am not completely sold on Romo yet, but he has the weapons around him to have a good fantasy year. With his go-to-guy in Owens and another solid receiver, Terry Glen, and tight end, Jason Witten, Romo should have a ton of options. With a balanced offensive attack and many lessons learned last year Romo should be able to put up some numbers.

13) Jay Cutler - Denver Broncos
With an expected solid running game, solid offensive line protection and emerging receivers Cutler should have a solid year. Walker should be his go-to-guy and Brandon Marshall will be emerging as Rod Smith is on the decline. Daniel Graham is a solid receiving tight end and should give Cutler another threat along with other talent receiving tight ends. With a cannon arm Cutler should have no problem hitting the big play as defenses with be fearful of Denver's rushing attack.

14) Brett Favre - Green Bay Packers
Favre's better years are certainly behind him but he could have a productive, yet inconsistent season. The Packers did not do much to help Favre this off-season and have question marks at running back, but Favre should have some solid weeks. Be cautious with Favre though, play the match-ups when starting him. Don't count on him as your number one quarterback but rather a top depth player.

15) Eli Manning - New York Giants
I can not stress this enough with Eli, play the match-ups. Eli has good weeks but for every good week a bad week follows. If you are a fantasy guru and can properly utilize Eli throughout the season, he could be a steal in your draft. As of now I am going to put him as a rotation starter, solely based upon the fact that he has good games throughout the year.

16) Ben Roethlisberger - Pittsburgh Steelers
Big Ben starts my list of solid guys that are mostly on your team for depth purposes. With a run first oriented team, Big Ben is not going to throw as much as a fantasy owner would like. The Steelers also provided Ben with horrendous pass blocking last year and unless that changes Big Ben will continue to throw interceptions. With Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward and emerging Santonio Holmes, Big Ben could have a solid year but to start the year off I will say he is most likely on your team for depth.

17) Alex Smith - San Francisco 49ers
Ah, Alex Smith is one of my fantasy sleepers for this upcoming season. As of now he is depth but don't let his name and inexperience fool you. I expect Smith to break out this year and by Week 6 or 7, Smith could very well be a solid starter. With Darrell Jackson, Ashley Lelie, Vernon Davis, Jason Hill and Frank Gore the tools are around Alex to take that next step. Losing Turner will sting but Alex should be able to recover. As for now I am going to say Alex is pure depth but by Week 6 or Week 7 he could make me look foolish by ranking him number 18..

18) Jake Delhomme - Carolina Panthers
With new threat David Carr added into the mix, Delhomme should feel pressured to improve his play. With Steve Smith on his team, Delhomme has the home run threat he so desperately needs but it appears thats not enough. If Delhomme can improve his play he could potentially be a solid rotation starter but coming into the season he should be drafted for depth purposes only.

19) Chad Pennington - New York Jets
The quarterback that leads my beloved Green and White into battle each week. With Thomas Jones added to release pressure off Pennington, a young offensive line improving and two reliable receivers in Jericho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles, the pieces are there for Penny to have a career year. However, Penny is more of a game manager than a stat producer and is solid depth, injury aside. Penny will have his impressive games this year against weak opponents but you drafted him for solid depth and that is what you will mostly get.

20) Jason Campbell - Washington Redskins
Reports coming out of Redskins camp is that Campbell is motivated and ready to go. With an explosive wide out in Santana Moss and a solid running attack, Campbell has the potential to break out. However, he is still inexperienced and is still a question mark heading into the season. For those who play keeper leagues, keep an eye on him.

21) Matt Schaub - Houston Texans
I believe in this kid, as does Gary Kubiak. Schaub will benefit from playing in a system that clearly benefits quarterback play, and has some explosive weapons to get the ball to. Schaub clearly starts the year off as a depth guy, but I think by mid-year he should be cracking some starting lineups.

22) J.P. Losman - Buffalo Bills
J.P. Losman could be another surprise guy for all you sleeper lovers. He has a great receiver in Lee Evans, as the two formed a nice bond last year. If the Bills can get solid production from the run game, solid pass blocking then Losman could put up some nice games. As of now he is depth to me, but if the match-up is nice, then consider starting.

23) Rex Grossman - Chicago Bears
Grossman had some shaky games last year but perhaps, at least for Bears fans sake, he will be improved. Thomas Jones could end up being a bigger loss for this offense than most think but nonetheless the running game should be solid. Grossman has his play making wide out in Berrian and his possession wide out in Muhammad, so the surroundings are there. Grossman will see the light some games, but will be inconsistent for the most part. Grossman should be used as depth purposes basically the whole year, if he is lucky enough to make your team.

24) Byron Leftwich - Jacksonville Jaguars
Leftwich should be the starter come open week for the Jaguars, but he is not a starter in terms of fantasy production. With no true number one receiver Leftwich has little help around him besides his two-headed beast in the backfield. Leftwich should only be drafted for depth.

25) Steve McNair - Baltimore Ravens
McNair is never going to have the same production from his prime and really wont help you much in fantasy. He has Michael Clayton and Todd Heap to rely on, but Derrick Mason is starting to decline and McNair doesn't really provide much help for fantasy owners.

26) Trent Green - Miami Dolphins
After Green received his injury last year it appeared his age had finally caught up to him. With the Dolphins not having much help around him and a shaky offensive line, Green should not put up great fantasy numbers.

27) Jeff Garcia - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Yes, Jeff Garcia was the savior for the Eagles last year but don't expect him to put up those same numbers in Tampa. Garcia is 37 and should lose a step in his game. When Garcia was in Cleveland, with little help, he flopped and its just hard for me to see him do anything with the limited help he has.

28) Daunte Culpepper - Oakland Raiders
Through his short tenure with the Dolphins, one of the reasons Culpepper was so unsuccessful was due to the fact his line was horrible. Sadly, the line doesn't get much better across country. The Raiders had the worst offensive line the league last year, and Culpepper will be on the run all year long. The receivers are nothing special and a new scheme is being installed, which is sure to create some growing pains. Culpepper has upside due to what he showed us doing his Viking days, but as of now he is a player that should be comfortable on the free agent wire.

29) Joey Harrington - Atlanta Falcons
With the ongoing allegations swirling around Vick, Joey Harrington will be the new sheriff in town. However, don't expect Harrington to put up spectacular numbers. We all know about Harrington's struggles thus far into the league and we should expect his numbers to remain constant with the Falcons or even decline; the Falcons have a porous pass blocking offensive line and mediocre receivers. If for what ever reason you decide to plug Harrington into the starting lineup, you better pray he doesn't mess up.

30) Tarvaris Jackson - Minnesota Vikings
Tarvaris Jackson has a huge arm and is able to run the ball, making him a dual threat. However, his decision making is questionable but lucky for him, all he needs to do is hand-off. As long as Jackson doesn't turn the ball over and Troy Williamson breaks out, Jackson could be a sleeper.

31) Derek Anderson/Charlie Frye - Cleveland Browns
As of now, there is a quarterback controversy brewing in the dog pound. Regardless of who the starter will be, the quarterback is someone you don't want on your fantasy team. Neither Frye nor Anderson have amounted to much in the NFL, and quite frankly won't amount to much this season. The solid tight end play helps, but neither guy is worth drafting. Unfortunately for these young quarterbacks, there is not much upside.

32) Brodie Croyle/Damon Huard - Kansas City Chiefs
Croyle has basically no experience and not much receiver help around him. L.J. and Gonzalez should ease his progression, but Croyle is clearly unproven and should be lucky to get drafted. Huard on the other hand has experience and showed promise last year, but he is not ready for any fantasy owner to heavily rely on. Huard, if he ends up starting, has upside from what he showed last year, but let him prove it before you take a shot on him.

Running Backs
Ah, the most coveted position in fantasy football. Below is my rankings of the top 50 running backs for the 2007 Fantasy Football Season.

1) LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers
1815 rushing yards, 28 rushing touchdowns, 508 receiving yards, three receiving touchdowns and two passing touchdowns; need I say more? L.T. is clearly the unanimous best overall player this year in fantasy football. If you have first pick and decide to pass on L.T., you should have your head examined.

2) Steven Jackson - St. Louis Rams
Talk about a player that can do it all? Look no further then Steven Jackson. With 90 receptions last year amounting to 806 yards along with 1528 rushing yards and 16 total touchdowns, Jackson clearly proved himself. Its scary knowing he should only improve with his excellent combination of speed, acceleration and power. Look for Jackson to clearly establish himself as the number two running back in fantasy football this upcoming season.

3) Frank Gore - San Francisco 49ers
Talk about a sleeper from the '06 season, look no further then Frank Gore. The 49ers traded Kevan Barlow to allow Gore his moment to shine, and he made the most of it racking up: 1692 rushing yards, 485 yards and 9 total touch downs. With a year experience under his belt and upgrades on both sides of the ball expect those numbers to go higher. One thing to keep in mind though is durability, with Gore health is always going to be a concern given his history of knee injuries.

4) Shaun Alexander - Seattle Seahawks
Its doubtful that Alexander will return to his 2005 MVP Form but he should still have a great season. Alexander should still be able to use his power and vision to rack up at least 1200 yards and double digit touch downs, injury aside. Durability should be a concern considering Alexander is coming off an injury, but if he stays healthy he should have a great fantasy season.

5) Larry Johnson - Kansas City Chiefs
The workhorse back slides to the fifth running back slot this year. (Due to the fact he is holding out and the situation doesn't appear to be getting any better. However, if the holdout miraculously comes to a conclusion before the season starts, his ranking shoots up to number three.) L.J. will get you the rushing yards that excite you, along with the touchdowns but there are some negatives about him. He carried the ball a ton last year, wearing his body down, making durability some type of a concern. Also keep in mind. the Chiefs line is not what it used to be, things should get harder for L.J. Johnson should have a great season, injury aside, but don't expect him to surpass Jackson as the number two back. Nonetheless, L.J. is a guy you have to start every week and should continue to be a top runner in the NFL.

6) Joseph Addai - Indianapolis Colts
Despite sharing the load last yeare Addai was able to contribute 1406 total yards along with eight total touchdowns. This year Addai has the backfield duties all to himself, so his numbers will definitely increase. Addai seems like a perfect fit to the Colts offense and with Manning setting him up for success, Addai seems like a very safe bet. Many people will be skeptical of drafting Addai this high, but they shouldn't be.

7) Willie Parker - Pittsburgh Steelers
Many people were unsure weather Parker would be able to be the feature back heading into the '06 season, Willie obviously proved those doubters wrong. In his first season as a feature back Willie pilled up: 1494 rushing yards and 16 total touchdowns. With the Steelers run first offense Speedy Willie should once again have a great fantasy year.

8) Rudi Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals
Every since 2004 Rudi has had at a least 1300 rushing yards and a constant 12 total touchdowns in each year. With the Bengals having one of the most balanced offenses in the NFL, Rudi's production should certainly not decrease. With red zone threat Chris Henry out the first half of the season, Rudi's touchdown numbers could possibly increase.

9) Brain Westbrook - Philadelphia Eagles
The first time in his career last year Westbrook eclipsed the 1000 yard mark, as he ran for 1217 yards. What makes Westbrook so unique is his ability to create plays out of the backfield as he accumulated 699 receiving yards last year and 11 total touchdowns, four through the air. With the Eagles more committed to running the football this year, Westbrook should have another 1000 yard season in his future. Beware though, Westbrook usually misses a game or two throughout the course of the season.

10) Travis Henry - Denver Broncos
The Broncos always seem to have an efficient rushing attack and that should not change this year. Henry is a powerful runner, who has the ability to bounce it outside, so he should fit nicely in the Bronco's scheme. With constant success from Broncos running backs, it is hard to imagine Henry not following in their footsteps.

11) Laurence Maroney - New England Patriots
The guy you love to have, but their is always that question mark. Maroney could succeed as the feature back, but you never know. The Patriots are always unpredictable in their play calling and like to spread the ball out. Bad news for Maroney; expect some amazing games and some poor games for the Patriots new starting running back this year.

12) Clinton Portis - Washington Redskins
Assuming Portis is fully healed he should be the number one guy in Washington despite the emergence of Betts. In 2005 Portis had a 1500 yard season along with 11 touchdowns. I am not sure if in 2007 his numbers will be identical, but he should give you a solid 1200 yards and at least 8 touchdowns, injury aside. I am not sure how many carries Betts is going to get, so that drops Portis's stock, but regardless he should have a good season, injury aside.

13) Ronnie Brown - Miami Dolphins
Can Brown break out this season? Fantasy owners hope so, but in order to do so he is going to have to avoid the injury list. Last year Brown played in 13 games and just slipped past the 1000 yard mark and hit the end zone five times. With Miami having a shaky line and Brown's durability an issues, he is not a sure bet for success. If he stays healthy and Miami's line blocks well for him, he should be a safe pick.

14) Willis McGahee - Baltimore Ravens
The new Baltimore Raven; everyone seems to love this guy. Willis has all the physical tools to perform well and the Ravens line will be an upgrade over the Bills. However, Willis has lacked consistency, aside from the versing Jets, and is constantly injured. Willis could still be a solid player, but when drafting him keep in mind he is very injury prone. Willis may perhaps be one of the biggest question marks of the 2007 fantasy season.

15) Reggie Bush - New Orleans Saints
The explosive second year back saw his numbers sky rocket towards the end of last year. With Bush having the ability to take it to the house every time he touches the ball, touchdowns should not be an issue this season. Bush should continue to develop as a runner this upcoming season and I am sure Sean Payton will utilize his receiving skills as well. Bush should have a very solid season this year despite possibly not rushing for 1000 yards.

16) Maurice Jones-Drew - Jacksonville Jaguars
Maurice Jones-Drew sizzled towards the end of last season and made a name for himself. Like Bush, MJD has that home run threat ability fantasy owners love. It seems like their are only two questions in mind: Can he keep his high production up? and, How many carries will he receive considering he is sharing time with Fred Taylor? Without knowing the answers to any of these questions you still have to draft MJD high based on potential and excellence already displayed.

17) Thomas Jones - New York Jets
The Jets made out like bandits when they acquired Thomas Jones from the Bears. Jones is a versatile, hardworking and powerful back that should put up some good numbers this year. With the Jets young offensive line gelling and gaining experience the run blocking should be much improved. Penny also loves to dump off to his backs, so Jones could see an increase in his receptions. Jones is clearly a solid number two fantasy running back.

18) Cedric Benson - Chicago Bears
Benson will finally be what he was drafted to do, become the feature back. Benson will be the go-to-guy in the Bears rushing attack and it is a safe assumption to make that Benson will increase his numbers. With the Bears having a solid run blocking line, the only concerns here is Benson's ability to handle a feature role and his durability.

19) Deuce McAllister - New Orleans Saints
Yes, McAllister is not the feature back but that didn't stop him from putting great fantasy numbers up last year. McAllister was able to post a 1000 yard season along with double digit touchdowns. Even with Bush in the mix, McAllister is the goal-line back in New Orleans and should once again have a double digit touchdown season.

20) Edgerrin James - Arizona Cardinals
James turned it on towards the end of last year and hopefully that success will continue into this year. The running game and offensive line should be improved with new coaches, Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm. James won't be as productive as his Colt days, but if Leinart is able to spread defenses out and the line continues to improve then James could be a solid number two fantasy back.

21) Brandon Jacobs - New York Giants
Everyone knows touchdowns won't be a problem for the big, bruising back. However, yards will be. Jacobs should be the starter but expect him to share some carries with Reuben Droughns. Based on touchdown production and potential alone, Jacobs is worth taking a shot at between rounds three to six.

22) Ahman Green - Houston Texans
Houston, we have sleeper. Reports from Texans camp are that Green is in the best shape of his life. With Gary Kubiak's running back friendly system, life for running backs in Houston is much easier. Green still has the speed and agility to bounce it outside and should be a productive receiver coming out of the backfield. As long as Kubiak continues installing his impressive rushing system, Green should quietly have a very solid and productive year. Beware of injury though as Green continues to age.

23) Marshawn Lynch - Buffalo Bills
Lynch posses the speed to hit the home run and the power to pound the rock. As long as the Bills line is able to provide solid run blocking, Lynch could very well be the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Lynch will have his moments throughout the year, and will flutter as well. It would be best to utilize Lynch towards the best match-up and avoid the tougher opponents.

24) Marion Barber III - Dallas Cowboys
Lets face it, you are not going to draft Barber for yards but rather his touchdowns. Barber proved himself as an excellent goal line back for the Boys last year and should continue that role this season. Barber will also get a nice chunk of carries through out the game and will get his fair share of receptions. The only downfall to his game is he will be splitting carries with Julius Jones.

25) Jerious Norwood - Atlanta Falcons
Word out of Atlanta is that Norwood is going to control the starting role. I loved Norwood last year and think he has a ton of potential this year. Norwood is a speedy, quick and explosive back. The two main concerns are: How will he fit in the new power offense?, and How many carries will he split with Dunn? Nonetheless, its worth taking a shot on Norwood based on potential that he displayed last year.

26) Adrian Peterson - Minnesota Vikings
Peterson is one of the most complete backs to ever leave the college ranks, and most think he is guaranteed for stardom in the NFL. With the Vikings having one of the better lines in the NFL, Peterson should be able to have success. The big concerns are durability and carries received each game.

27) Cadillac Williams - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Caddy might be considered a little low to some of you, but I just don't trust him. In his two seasons in the league he hasn't played a full season and the offense line is still a question mark. If Caddy is able to return to his rookie form and remain injury free, then I will be the first to apologize for his extremly low ranking. Until then, I am sticking to him being the 27th fantasy back.

28) Jamel Lewis - Cleveland Browns
Lewis used to have his best game against the Browns but now he is playing for them. The Browns improved their offensive line this year but that might not be enough to help Lewis. With durability issues, an ineffective passing game and Lewis not his old-self anymore, Lewis is clearly not a full time starter. Lewis will have some good games this year though so if you use him properly he will surprise some people.

29) Fred Taylor - Jacksonville Jaguars
Taylor had a great year last year but he might not be able to match that production this year. With MJD taking a chunk of his red zone touches away, Taylor will have a decrease in his touchdowns. However, he will have some solid games but will also have his 20 yard zero touchdown games. If you draft Taylor and utilize him properly then you found yourself a solid player, injury aside.

30) Chester Taylor - Minnesota Vikings
Taylor emerged last year and will now be paired with sensational rookie Adrian Peterson. Expect Taylors carries to decrease but that should not stop him from having a quality season. Chester is one of those backs again that will be effective when used properly.

31) DeAngelo Williams - Carolina Panthers
Williams appears to be the forgotten sophomore back, but don't overlook him. Williams will be splitting some carries with Foster, but I expect Williams to distinguish himself as a starter. Williams was able to stay healthy last year and showed flashes of potential, the question is: Will he reach it?

32) Julius Jones - Dallas Cowboys
Jones keeps showing flashes of becoming an elite fantasy runner, but isn't there yet. With Barber emerging as the goal line back last year, Jones will keep you aggravated by his lack of touchdowns. Jones will get you the yards, and a couple touchdowns, but don't expect double digit touchdowns.

33) Brandon Jackson - Green Bay Packers
I put Jackson ahead of Morency because I think he will end up winning the starting job. Nonetheless, Jackson appears to be a genius pick in sleeper leagues and will have some moments this year. Jackson has the tools to succeed (Already has he had high praise from the coaches and emerged as the better inside runner out of the tandem.), so if you draft him keep an eye on him throughout the course of the year.

34) Vernon Morency - Green Bay Packers
Even though I think Jackson will win the starting job, I think they are going to be splitting a ton of carries. Morency, like Jackson, is a guy you should hold onto and see how he produces before inserting him into your starting lineup.

35) Kevin Jones - Detroit Lions
Kevin Jones actually had a productive season last year despite playing behind a horrendous line. With many additions added to the line and some backs to help keep Jones fresh throughout the course of the game, Jones should see an increase in his production. Assuming Jones is healthy and ready to go he should have a great year, and will be a sleeper pick.

36) Ladell Betts - Washington Redskins
When called upon last year Betts delivered. Unfortunately, for Betts though it appears Portis will resume duties as the feature back. The Redskins will sprinkle in Betts some carries, but not enough to appease fantasy owners. If Portis goes down again though, Betts will insert himself into many starting lineups.

37) LenDale White - Tennessee Titans
Can White prove himself as capable back this year? White should receive most of the goal line carries and possibly crack the starting lineup, but the competition is heated with both Chris Brown and rookie Chris Henry. I am not sure if White will be the starter, but he should be the goal line back for the Titans.

38) LaMont Jordan - Oakland Raiders
Jordan had a disappointing '06 campaign, but who can blame him? The Raiders achilles heel last year was their offensive line and they did little to improve it for the '07 season. Jordan may very well be a productive back if his line is able to block, but that is a big if.

39) Chris Brown - Tennessee Titans
The Titans pursued Brown this off-season because they have some intention of using him. With White being the goal line back Brown should be the back doing all the dirty work. Brown will have some touchdowns, but not many. Beware of his history of injuries as well.

40) Warrick Dunn - Atlanta Falcons
Dunn isn't going to be the starting back anymore but he should still get his fair share of carries. I expect Dunn to have a couple solid games this year but for the most part I see him being a constant 50 yard, no touchdown back.

41) Tatum Bell - Detroit Lions
Bell should fit in nicely as a change of pace back to Jones. With Jone's recovery period still uncertain, Bell could be the starter. However, Bell is very one dimensional and will make the occasional big play for the Lions. Its just hard for me to see him have solid week after solid week.

42) DeShaun Foster - Carolina Panthers
Despite Williams claiming the starting job, Foster will get his fair share of carries. However, Foster also seems to be getting hurt and is not very reliable. Foster will have his moments this year, as he does ever year, but he is still very inconsistent. If Foster stays healthy, he could have a nice season depending on the amount of carries a game he receives.

43) Ron Dayne - Houston Texans
Although they added Green, Dayne should get a good amount of touches. Dayne fits Kubiak's system pretty well and had some stellar games last year. With Green having the potential to get hurt any given Sunday, Dayne could become the starter at any point.

44) Michael Turner - San Diego Chargers
Turner once again will have to wait another year to get a chance to depart from San Diego. With the best player in the game starting ahead of him, Turner won't get a ton of carries, but will get some. Turner should rarely start for you, but if LT gets hurt, you have a hidden gem.

45) Leon Washington - New York Jets
Despite acquiring Thomas Jones, Leon will get involved in the offense. Leon will be the 3rd down back for the Jets and should quietly have some nice games. As of now though, Leon isn't very reliable and rarely should start.

46) Anthony Thomas - Buffalo Bills
Lynch will earn the starting job, but Thomas should spell him. Don't expect great numbers from Thomas but if Lynch goes down with an injury he could be a decent starter.

47) Reuben Droughns - New York Giants
Droughns is a powerful runner that won't be getting the goal line carries. Not much upside here besides the fact he will get some carries. Droughns is not the greatest fantasy investment.

48) Dominic Rhodes - Oakland Raiders
Rhodes will be the lighting in the Raiders duo, but that doesn't mean much. Like Jordan, shaky offensive line, inconsistent passing game and a new system being installed will all contribute to a mediocre fantasy season. Also, keep in mind when drafting Rhodes that he was suspended the first four games of the season.

49) Chris Henry - Tennessee Titans
Brown is injury prone, White could flop, and the Titans drafted Henry in the 2nd round. Henry could very well end up being the starting back, although I doubt it. I see him being the odd-man out but with two inconsistent players above him he could eventually seize the starting job.

50) Lorenzo Booker - Miami Dolphins
Ronnie Brown hasn't played a full season yet and Booker is an explosive back with home run ability. I see Booker having a similar role in the Dolphins offense as Leon Washington does in the Jets. If Brown gets his name on the injury list for a while, then Booker could possibly break out.

Wide Receivers
Wide outs usually won't get drafted till the mid 2nd round, but these guys can usually make or break a team. Below is my rankings of the Top 60 fantasy wide outs.

1) Marvin Harrison - Indianapolis Colts
Not many people have Harrison as their number one receivers but lets face the facts: he is durable, consistent and has the best quarterback in the game throwing to him. Manning and Harrison developed a unique bond with one another that should continue to blossom in the '07 season.

2) Steve Smith - Carolina Panthers
The Panthers offense should be improved this year if the pass blocking is able to hold up. Smith is the most explosive player in the game so finding the end zone should not be a problem for him. Smith easily competes with Harrison for the top spot but I have more faith in Manning than Delhomme. Regardless, Smith will have a terrific season.

3) Torry Holt - St. Louis Rams
Holt is the definition of consistency from a WR standpoint. Year-in and year-out Holt puts up fabulous fantasy numbers and is able to stay on the field. With Jackson keeping defenses off balance, Holt could possibly have some more one-on-one match-ups this year, leading to a production in his numbers. Bulger has also improved his game as a quarterback and this should help Holt as well.

4) Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals
Johnson ended putting up great numbers last year, but he was very inconsistent. Chad had games that validate him being a top WR but he also had games that made you scratch your head. Although inconsistent, Johnson should once again have a great year and with Chris Henry out of the picture for a while his red zone production could increase.

5) Terrell Owens - Dallas Cowboys
Seems like Romo has a go-to-guy and his name is T.O. Owens might have the most drops last year but he still had 13 touchdowns. With Romo as the full time starter this year Owens should see an increase in his numbers.

6) Reggie Wayne - Indianapolis Colts
Wayne does it all: hes consistent, gets yards, touchdowns and stays on the field. In the last five years Wayne hasn't missed a single game, making him even more valuable. Despite being the second best wide out on the Colts, Wayne is one of the top fantasy wide outs.

7) Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals
With Leinart progressing as a quarterback, a more efficient offense and another star wide out to relive some attention Fitzgerald should have a great year. Fitzgerald should easily be able to accumulate double digit touchdowns this season. You really can't go wrong at all by drafting Fitz.

8) Roy Williams - Detroit Lions
Despite being in a first year system last year and on a 3-13 team, Williams was able to put up 1300 plus receiving yards along with seven touchdowns. With a second year in the offense, additions added to the running back corp, offensive line and receiver position, Williams should see a drastic increase in his numbers.

9)Marques Colston - New Orleans Saints
Gentlemen, this guy is no fluke. Colston is here to stay and produce for the long haul. With MVP candidate Drew Brees throwing him the ball and plenty of other weapons, expect Colston to consistently be in favorable match-ups. I expected him to produce at least 10 touchdowns this year and 1100 yards.

10) Anquan Boldin - Arizona Cardinals
Boldin is the other scary option that Leinart will have when he makes his progressions. I expect Boldin to rack up more yards than Fitz this year but the touchdowns is what separates their rankings. With the limited touchdowns he has accumulated his first couple of years he is still a top fantasy player. I expect the touchdowns to increase, so Boldin should be a safe pick.

11) Javon Walker - Denver Broncos
Although having a shaky Jake Plummer and rookie behind center Walker was still able to put up solid numbers. I expect those numbers to increase this year as Cutler will continue to progress as a quarterback and will be able to get Walker the deep ball. In 2004, Walker had his best year with Favre as his quarterback, going into the '06 draft many people said Cutler will be the next Favre, something has to give.

12) Lee Evans - Buffalo Bills
Losman finally had a solid season and Evans production felt the effects of it. Evans is quickly developing into a fantasy stud and has a knack for turning his production up come playoff time. With Losman becoming a more productive quarterback look for Evans to possibly see an increase in his numbers.

13) T.J. Houshmandzadeh - Cincinnati Bengals
Houshmandzadeh is an other solid option. With Johnson taking a lot of attention off of him, the former 7th round pick gets plenty of weak corners in his direction. With Henry out he should become the go to guy in the red zone. With Houshmandzadeh you know you are going to get consistency and solid play.

14) Donald Driver - Green Bay Packers
Driver appears to be the only offensive weapon the Packers have that frightens opposing defenses. Driver should be Favre's go-to-guy, so expect him once again to have a great, underrated year.

15) Andre Johnson - Houston Texans
With an upgrade at the quarterback position, an improving offensive line, defense and running game, Johnson should see his numbers increase. Johnson had the big yards last year but lacked in touchdowns, I see that changing as the offense will start to open up this year. Look for many to overlook Johnson, but make sure you don't!

16) Randy Moss - New England Patriots
I am going to give Randy Moss the benefit of the doubt that he will rejuvenate his career in New England. He won't put up those eye popping numbers like in Minnesota since Brady spreads the ball out but he will put up solid numbers. As of now I have him as a rotation starter, but he can quickly develop into a starter. I rank him this high based on his potential.

17) Plaxico Burress - New York Giants
The soap opera will continue in the Meadowlands but that shouldn't stop Plaxico from snatching double digits touchdown numbers again. Plaxico will give you the touchdowns, just not the yards you hope for. With an inconsistent quarterback, yet alone team, I see him as a rotation starter whose success will be dependent upon the teams play, rushing attack and the progression of Eli. Plaxico could develop into a constant starter come mid-season, and it wouldn't surprise many.

18) Hines Ward - Pittsburgh Steelers
The Super Bowl MVP isn't a solid number one option but he should be able to help you out when it comes to your second and third slots. In 14 games last year with a struggling offense Ward was able to lay out his imprint by catching six touchdowns. With the offense improving, Ward should be able to return to his 2005 numbers, or somewhere around that ball park. He is clearly the best red zone option for Big Ben.

19) Darrell Jackson - San Francisco 49ers
Jackson is clearly the best receiving option for Alex Smith. Jackson had a ten touchdown season last year so expect his numbers to decrease this year. Nonetheless, Jackson should have a solid season playing with an improving offense.

20) Laveranues Coles - New York Jets
The humble Coles had a spectacular season that was overlooked by so many. With additions sprinkled all over the Jets offense his numbers should be improved. Also, keep in mind Coles is Pennington's go-to-guy.

21) Santana Moss - Washington Redskins
Moss is gong to be rebounding from a previous season that was shattered by injuries. Moss is a good fantasy player, but also very streaky. You love his 130 yard, two touchdown games but you hate his 40 yard games. If you utilize Moss properly throughout the season then you have a great pick.

22) Reggie Brown - Philadelphia Eagles
Brown should emerge this year as the number one receiver on the Eagles roster. McNabb is an elite quarterback and is going to need a go-to-guy, so why not Brown?

23) Joey Galloway - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Why do so many fantasy owners continuously overlook this guy? Galloway was able to surpass the 1000 yard mark and 7 touchdowns with a 6th round rookie as quarterback. With another aging, experienced player playing pitch and catch with him his numbers should increase, or it would make sense if they did. Galloway continues to fall in fantasy leagues, so do me a favor, be the smart one and draft him!

24) Braylon Edwards - Cleveland Browns
Edwards has a ton of upside, but will it click this year? A shaky quarterback situation certainly won't help. Edwards will put up decent numbers to fit as your third receiver slot though, but if he is your second, ouch! Expect a ton of inconsistent play from Edwards this year.

25) Jericho Cotchery - New York Jets
The secret of Cotchery is out. Although he broke out last year, Cotchery has been working extremly hard this off-season to improve even more. With a running game intact, Coles on the other side and Pennington fully healthy, "Catchery" could have a solid year.

26) Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions
The next best thing to happen to the NFL, Calvin Johnson. We all know about all the talent he has to become great, but the question is will he? In a Mike Martz air it out offense along with Williams taking attention away on the other side, he should put up some nice rookie numbers. Drafters beware though, this is no guarantee!

27) Deion Branch - Seattle Seahawks
With Jackson long gone, Branch becomes the number one option out in Seattle. Hasslebeck will throw his touchdowns to his wide outs and with Branch the number one option you would assume a career year is in place. Branch could be a steal if he performs as well as Jackson in the number one spot.

28) Terry Glenn - Dallas Cowboys
Well, Glenn isn't Romo's go-to-guy but that shouldn't stop him from a good year. Glenn isn't an amazing guy to have starting in your second receiver slot, but he fits nicely in the third slot. Play match-ups with Glenn and it should all work out in the end.

29) Donte' Stallworth - New England Patriots
Wow, big deal the Pats got Moss, that won't stop Brady from sharing the ball. If Stallworth is able to remain injury free he will be a perfect vertical threat in New England and will be able to burn by defenders who will be mesmerized by Moss, Maroney and Brady. Look for Stallworth to have an underrated and extremly productive season, as the big play man in New England.

30) Mark Clayton - Baltimore Ravens
Mark Clayton, one of my sleepers. I think he is poised to have a great year, the passing game worries me but its not enough to keep me away from him. Mason could steal some of his receptions, but hes on the decline. Clayton should be the number one wide out option for McNair this season as the run should set up the play action. I am not saying Clayton should be your second wide out, but if you are able to have him snugged into the third slot along with a receiver to rotate in and out with; then you, my friend, are in good shape.

31) Chris Chambers - Miami Dolphins
Old man Green doesn't have a safety net in Gonzalez any more, so maybe Chambers becomes his new go to guy? The butter fingers worries me, but he is still the Fins number one receiver option and is bound for some good games. Use him as rotation and match-ups.

32) Vincent Jackson - San Diego Chargers
Do you like to take risk and live on the dangerous side? If so, then Jackson could be the wide out for you. You are going to get inconsistent play with excellent upside. Some games he won't make a catch, others he will score 12 points by himself. The risk could be worth the reward, just have another solid option when drafting Jackson.

33) Bernard Berrian - Chicago Bears
Berrian scares me. He is a big play wide out, with burner speed and home run ability; but his quarterback is Rex. Berrian appears to be a steal early on last season, then his production plummeted towards the second half. Berrian is another gamble, use him properly and start him about half your games at most, pair him with options and you will be fine.

34) Greg Jennings - Green Bay Packers
All right, you got me. Five weeks into the season last year I thought Jennings was the real deal, then either reality set in or his injury did. Jennings has a ton of upside with little options for Favre so don't shy away despite a pitiful season after week 5. The potential, speed and home run ability is there, but can it all click?

35) Kevin Curtis - Philadelphia Eagles
The former slot receiver will get his opportunity to become a starter this upcoming season. Brown will uphold the number one option, but McNabb is going to need another option to post his 20 plus touchdowns. Curtis was given a hefty contract and the Eagles have plans to dictate him as the deep threat. Curtis is another rotation guy, who has potential.

36) Santonio Holmes - Pittsburgh Steelers
Holmes should be emerging this year and will handle the starting duties opposite Ward. The run first philosophy worries fantasy players, but Holmes has the ability to become a big play guy for Big Ben. Holmes isn't a solid starter as of now, but gets a rank this high based on potential.

37) Issac Bruce - St. Louis Rams
The 14 year vet, ageless wonder will suit up once again. Yards won't scare owners away, but lack of scores will. With Drew Bennett adding that red zone threat ability, it doesn't appear there is much upside in Bruce, but you never know.

38) D.J. Hackett - Seattle Seahawks
Zzzzzz. Is how I would describe Hackett. Hackett should move into the starting role this year and should be able to make the most of this golden opportunity. Branch isn't a scoring machine, so Hackett could possibly outscore his fellow wide out. Drafting Hackett this late is clearly not a bad choice and he should be able to contribute some solid games in for you.

39) Devery Henderson - New Orleans Saints
Boom or bust, written all over it. No clue if he is going to start but one thing I know for sure is he is fast. Henderson will stretch the field and will have some big plays. Thank you potential for giving Henderson such a high ranking.

40) Muhsin Muhammad - Chicago Bears
A guy who does all the little things that you love. Moose won't put up his Panther numbers but he should grab five plus touchdowns. The question is when? With inconsistent being an understatement regarding Grossman, you are going to have to be a fantasy greu to know when exactly to peg Moose into the starting lineup.

41) Derrick Mason - Baltimore Ravens
McNair and him still share some type of old Tennessian connection. I am not sure though if these old pair of friends will be able to hit it off this year but Mason is still reliable as a guy who can start five or six games for you.

42) Brandon Jones - Tennessee Titans
Vince Young is going to need somebody to throw to besides his tight ends. Jones appears to be the front runner as the top wide out in Tennessee so you would assume he will get a fair share of balls thrown at him. Little risk, big reward possibility when drafting Jones.

43) Joe Horn - Atlanta Falcons
Let me first say, it was weird typing Joe Horn with the Falcons next to his name. Anyway, Horn is coming off an injury plagued season and I question weather he will stay healthy throughout the year. Horn is most reliable wide out in the ATL this year, but don't rely on him too much.

44) Jerry Porter - Oakland Raiders
Shaky quarterback situation doesn't help Porter along with basically taking a year off. Russell can chuck it and get Porter the big play he loves, but will it happen?

45) Brandon Marshall - Denver Broncos
The former Golden Knight should be seeing a drastic increase in his playing time. I loved this kid coming out last year and I expect him to progress this year. I think he will fully break out next year but he will continue to blossom this year. As of now I see him as rotation starter, being generous.

46) Anthony Gonzalez - Indianapolis Colts
A smart player, has good speed, good hands, runs good routes and is reliable, whats that all add up to? A perfect slot man for Peyton Manning. Don't be to anxious to get Gonzalez in the starting line up right away, but track him throughout the course of the year. I am guarantying it right now; he will have at least one game with two touchdowns. Use your expect skills and figure out when to play him and you have a diamond in the rough.

47) Eddie Kennison - Kansas City Chiefs
Kennison is actually a solid wide receiver, but the solid defenses within the division scare me. With Kennison continuing to age, and with neither two potential quarterbacks solid, it could prove difficult to get alot out of Kennison. However, a couple solid games, which he will get you, might be worth a late round pick.

48) Matt Jones - Jacksonville Jaguars
[i]So much potential, its scary. Jones, hopefully, will develop into a red zone threat as he clearly has the physical stature to do so. L

Last edited by Jetsalltheway39 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51) Joe Jurevicius - Cleveland Browns
Joe is a nice complement to Edwards, but again the quarterback play makes you feel queasy when you select a Brown receiver. I see Joe developing into a decent player, who will mostly be used for depth and fill-ins.

52) Bryant Johnson - Arizona Cardinals
Johnson is going to have a hard time collecting balls behind the dynamic duo over shadowing him but he will be able to bring in four touchdowns or so. Some games you might have one of those feeling about him and it could pay off.

53) Dwayne Jarrett - Carolina Panthers
With attention hogger Steve Smith on the opposite side of the field, Jarret has the ability to over match the six feet under corners he will be matching up against. Jarrett could very well end up being a red zone threat from day one. As of now though, he is still unproven, but you should keep an eye on him throughout the year.

54) Reggie Williams - Jacksonville Jaguars
Williams has the potential to become a red zone threat, but will he? This late in the draft you look for guys who can rack up potential touchdowns and Williams fits that mold. The marginal risk is worth the enormous reward, especially this late in the draft.

55) Mike Furrey - Detroit Lions
In the Air Martz system everyone is bound to get some touches, but not necessarily touchdowns. With two physical receivers controlling the red zone, its hard for me to see Furrey making much noise in the scoring department. Yards should not be a problem though, what ever thats worth.

56) Ronald Curry - Oakland Raiders
Curry might end up as the number one starter in Oakland, but will it matter? If McNown or Russell are able to show some life it might, but I can't see that happening. You might get a couple good games out of him though, so thats a positive.

57) Troy Williamson - Minnesota Vikings
How much will his new 20/20 vision help? I see Williamson having a break out year. With the run game setting up the pass and new quarterback Jackson will be able to get Williamson the deep ball, something noddle-armed Brad Johnson was unable to do Keep an eye out for Troy throughout the year, as he just might surprise some people.

58) Michael Clayton - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Well, look at the bright side: he had a good rookie year. A once promising up and coming fantasy stud quickly developed into a hospitalized player who is unable to do much of anything. If Clayton is able to stay healthy, he might have a couple solid games, but I doubt it.

59) Drew Carter - Carolina Panthers
I see Carter ending up winning the slot job for the Panthers this year. With Smith all ready requiring all the attention, Carter could have some moments in the vertical game. Carter has huge big play potential and honestly, what do you have to loose this late in your draft?

60) Marty Brooker - Miami Dolphins
Well, lets just say if Brooker is starting on your team, there is always next year.

Tight Ends
Tight end might not be a sexy position to draft but they sill will add chunks of points to your game. Below is my ranking of the top 26 tight ends.

1) Antonio Gates - San Diego Chargers
Wow, two Colts and two Chargers at the top of my rankings. Gates in simple terms is a touchdown machine. With Gates as the primary red zone receiver for the Bolts and with his track record its hard to argue with this ranking. Gates is worthy of being a top pick as he is head and shoulders above the other tight ends. Gates is the best tight end in Fantasy Football, no questions asked.

2) Tony Gonzalez - Kansas City Chiefs
Tony Gonzalez is the first ever, great fantasy tight end. With Gonzalez you are going to get durability, consistency and solid numbers. However, with porous quarterback play and a back who has a nose for the end zone, expect his touchdown production to continue to decrease.

3) Todd Heap - Baltimore Ravens
Heap has everything you look for in terms of athletic ability when it comes to the tight end position. You love his potential to deliver the big play constantly, but the wavering quarterback play scares you.

4) Alge Crumpler - Atlanta Falcons
Alge remains the predominate red zone threat in Atlanta. Being the personal favorite of quarterback Michael Vick also tells you he is going to be active most of the game. The only problem of beings Vick go to guy, is well, Michael Vick. Regardless, a solid season in both yards and touchdowns are bound for '07.

5) Jeremy Shockey - New York Giants
The production is solid, but the durability is not. If Shockey is able to stay healthy all year long he is a solid starter, but he hasn't been able to. Plaxico will also be stealing some touchdowns away from him the smack talking tight end.

6) Chris Cooley - Washington Redskins
Through my experience of Fantasy Drafts, I have noticed Chris Cooley is the most unappreciated player at the position. Since his rookie campaign in 2004, Cooley has had at least six touchdowns per season. Its hard for me to vision that persistent production will all of a sudden collapse. If your opponents pass on Cooley for a more inconsistent tight end, which they will, show them what they missed out on.

7) Kellen Winslow - Cleveland Browns
The tight end receiving king from last year is ranked number seven in my books. The yards shouldn't scare you away, but the touchdown production should. The Browns could possibly have a nonexistent offense this year and this will hand cuff Winslow from celebrating in the end zone.

8) Vernon Davis - San Francisco 49ers
Well, its comforting to know that if the NFL was a 16 week scouting combine, the former Terp will be the unanimous choice as the leagues top tight end. Unfortunately, for Davis its not. I, like so many, am predicting a break out season from the all mighty workout warrior, but can it happen? With the offense improving, considerably Smith, it could.

9) L.J. Smith - Philadelphia Eagles
Solid player when it comes to numbers. With Smith you know what your getting; 600 plus yards and around five touchdowns. That is not necessarily a bad thing though for the tight end position.

10) Jason Witten - Dallas Cowboys
After a dismal season in the touchdown department, things can only get better, right? Maybe, but lets hope so. The yards will be there but in the red zone is where the negative pops up. If he is able to return to his '05 and '04 form, where he racked up six touchdowns he will be fine. If he has a lone score, then this high ranking will make me look bad. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he will get some more touchdowns this year.

11) Ben Watson - New England Patriots
Watson is another explosive tight end that is able to spread the field. The only drawback is the Patriots will continue to spread the ball around, even more with all the new acquisitions. Look for Watson to have roller coaster type season.

12) Randy McMichael - St. Louis Rams
The slippery hand tight end departed from South Beach to the Midwest. McMichael should have a nice season though, possibly in the red zone, with Bulger as the quarterback. The environment is intact as McMichael could be poised for a career year.

13) Dallas Clark - Indianapolis Colts
I always thought Clark was the most overpraised tight end in fantasy football. He never really had a stand out year, and with another weapon added in the slot as well as Addai emerging he should rarely reach the end zone this year. Plus, Clarke always has the nagging injuries that slow down his production.

14) Owen Daniels - Houston Texans
Scary, unbelievable upside describes the sophomore tight end out of Houston, who posses top flight speed and athleticism. With Johnson as the only other feasible red zone option, Daniels has the opportunity to latch the second most touchdowns through the air for the Texans. When the laundry picks come around don't be shy to take a stab at this Texan.

15) Heath Miller - Pittsburgh Steelers
For a team that relies on the power running attack, Miller is surprisingly able to stretch the field. Miller won't be the cause for his lack of production, but rather the game plan and team as a whole. Look for the good and the bad to both shine this year for Miller.

16) Daniel Graham - Denver Broncos
Graham occupies the last rotation starter on my tight end board. Graham has always had the tools to excel in the receiving game, but wasn't never given a true opportunity. Now the starting tight end will get the opportunity and surely will try to make the most of it. Look for some good games for the new Bronco.

17) Bo Scaife - Tennessee Titans
Fantasy owners love the fact that the Titans have no true red zone wide out, but hate the fact there are a plethora of tight ends. Scaife has the ability to have his spectacular games, but with madden cursed Young in the backfield their will be plenty of inconsistent moments.

18) Tony Scheffler - Denver Broncos
His value was sky rocketing, and then the ship crashed as Graham was brought in. Tony moves back a notch on the depth charts, but showed to much promise last year to let it affect his play time. With great receiving ability and instincts he remains a threat in the passing game and should have a couple monster games.

19) Greg Olsen - Chicago Bears
The prospect that made a name for himself through his pre-draft workouts, or other wise known as: Greg Olsen. Although a rookie, Olsen could become an immediate threat in the passing game for Rex and could quickly be known as the safety net in Chi Town. In keeper leagues this is a no risk situation, but for the rest of us; its low risk with a possibly heft payoff.

20) Jerramy Stevens - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
He has great size, athleticism, blah, blah and blah. We have heard this story about the pass dropping Stevens hundreds of times. Can he finally live up to his frame in Tampa? Doubt it.

21) Chris Baker - New York Jets
Chad isn't a fan of throwing to the tight end, for what ever reason, but Baker will still manage a couple touch downs. Baker has potential in the red zone, but its doubtful he has a breakout year. If he makes your team, we all know its for depth.

22) Ben Troupe - Tennessee Titans
Seems like a ton of tight ends have potential and none can deliver, whats up with that? Troupe fits this area as well, but with Young needing some good tight end play, since he won't find much help in his wide outs, Troupe could be a steal.

23) Desmond Clarke - Chicago Bears
The verdict is in: Olsen will be a better receiving tight end than Clarke. Clarke will get quality time in, but not much of anything else associated with the word quality. Last year though, Clarke had some Gates like games, so hey, it can happen again.

24) David Martin - Miami Dolphins
Apparently Martin will be starting. New coach Cam Cameroon has a knack for keeping tight ends involved, so this fish could potentially be a big catch. There we go, using that P word again.

25) Donald Lee - Green Bay Packers
Remember the name Donald Lee. As of now, Lee has been the favorite to win the starting tight end job in Green Bay. And, he has all the tools to succeed; he is big, fast, has great hands and runs good routes. By mid-season, Lee could be a great red zone threat for Favre.

26) Marcus Pollard - Seattle Seahawks
Marcus Pollard, or as I call him; Old Man Marcus, is set to play another year. The Seahawks tend to incorporate tight ends into their game plan, but will Old Man Marcus be able to execute these plans?

Defenses
Having a solid defense can make up for a mediocre positional player. Here is my rankings of the top 32 defenses. You won't see many studs and starters in this section though, as I believe defenses should be played strictly based on match-up.

1) Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens have the best defensive coordinator in the game, Rex Ryan, allowing the players to become interchangeable. With a solid secondary, pass rush, line backing corp and upcoming stars the Ravens defense will remain the best of the best.

2) Chicago Bears
The reason why the Bears defense seemed so capricious last year was due to the loses of Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. This year the defense should make the transition back to its consistent form as both players will be fully healthy. Devin Hester revolutionized the return game last year, but will teams kick the ball to him this year?

3) New England Patriots
The Patriots 3-4 defense is anchored by the epitome of all 3-4 lines, this alone will give the Patriots a solid defense. The line backing corp continues to age, but they added play making Adalius Thomas this off-season. Samuel might hold out, but people have been oblivious to the Pats secondary the last couple of years; they are able to plug anybody into the starting role and still be extremly productive, thus Samuel is not a concern. When you draft the Pats defense you know you are going to get a solid defense, that will play great throughout the season.

4) Jacksonville Jaguars
How some people don't have the Jags as a top defense this year bewilders me. The Jaguars have a great duo of defensive tackles to help anchor the grudges and some good corners as well. The line backers are always solid for this team and the secondary has shown vast improvements since Del Rio took over. Don't be surprised to see the Jaguars possibly climb the defensive ladder this year and emerge as a top 3 defense.

5) San Diego Chargers
Will the defense remain the same with Wade Phillips departed? With the Chargers, sacks should come as easy as stealing candy from a baby with a great line and Merrimen in the mix. The secondary is the vulnerable part of this unit, but should continue to improve this upcoming year. The Chargers are safe pick and should desolate the fragile offensive lines in the league.

6) Denver Broncos
The Broncos have the indisputable best corner in the game with Champ Bailey. Bailey is able to generate the turnovers and big plays that fantasy owners love, with newly acquired Dre Bly the interceptions could also increase for this team. The tender spot of the Broncos defense last year was their ability to sack the quarterback, but they brought in a bundle of draftees so this problem might have found a quick fix.

7) Minnesota Vikings
Forget fantasy, the Vikings have the most under appreciated defense in all of football. The Williams's Brothers helped docked the Vikings the best run defense in the league last year, as that should not change this year. With the best tackling corner, Antoine Winfield, helping in run support as well as up and coming Cedric Griffin the Vikings pass defense should improve. The Vikings also have numerous starting safeties who complement the corners well. If the pass rush is able to become a force, this underrated defense could become widely known as a top defense.

8) Miami Dolphins
The reigning defense player of the year, Jason Taylor, should help anchor the Dolphins aging defense. The signing of Porter will help the Dolphins, but I believe some people are exaggerating the situation. Porter was a product of the system, but nonetheless, should have success in South Beach. Defenses should attack the secondary early and often, but if they are able to generate some turnovers this unit could become a great starting option week-in and week-out.

9) Philadelphia Eagles
The Eagles are known for having one of the most reliable, consistent and well tuned defense in the league. Led by future hall of famer, Brian Dawkins, this unit should once again live up to its identity. The Eagles added All-Pro line backer Takeo Spikes to help revamp the line backing corp as well as first year starter Chris Gocong. The Eagles throughout the year should have a sound defense.

10) Pittsburgh Steelers
Blitzburgh Steelers are now led by defensive genius Mike Tomlin. An already accomplished defense should remain as one of the elite this upcoming year. The secondary should remain intact as long as standout safety Troy Polamalu is able to stay healthy.

11) Dallas Cowboys
The Cowboys defense should feel the effects from new coach Wade Phillips from day one. DeMarcus Ware could possibly become a pass rushing specialist this upcoming season and Anthony Spencer should help him reach that goal. The corner backs and safeties are solid and should continue to perform well.

12) Carolina Panthers
Julius Peppers is arguably the most feared player in the NFL and helps the Panther defense drastically. Dan Morgan should make a return back on to the field and rookie Jen Beson could also have an impact. Richard Marshall ended up becoming a very solid draft pick last year but the rest of the secondary is a little shaky. The Panthers should remain a solid defense though, especially when you play the match-up.

13) Seattle Seahawks
The defense added former pro-bowler Patrick Kerney to help supply the pressure and improve the run defense. Deon Grant was also added to help lead and control the secondary. The Seahawks defense is dependent upon how the offense is able to control the ball, and with Alexander healthy that should not be a problem.

14) Oakland Raiders
The main sore point of the Raiders defense in terms of fantasy last year was their ability to initiate turnovers. The defense is led by Buddy Ryan, who made a name for himself last year. This defense will be solid throughout the season and will constantly be overlooked, making them a sleeper defense.

15) Green Bay Packers
The Packers have a young, rising defense that has reliable and solid corners. A.J. Hawk should establish himself as a top line backer this upcoming year and Aaron Kapman is a very underrated player. With the potential so high, the risk is worth the reward.

16) San Francisco 49ers
Mike Nolan revamped the 9ers defense this off-season by adding a surplus of free agents and draftees. This legendary franchise has the ability to reach that level again if the defense plays to its maximum capacity. As of now the 9ers are rotation depth, but they could easily become a rotation starter a couple weeks into the season.

17) New York Jets
Eric Mangini has the Jets defense heading in the right direction as he added promising corner Darelle Revis in the first round of the draft. The Jets defense made tremendous strides towards the end of last season and should be able to carry that confidence over into the '07 season.

18) New York Giants
If the Giants are able to stay healthy they will have one of the best pass rushes in the league. Antonio Pierce leads the line backing corp and Mathias Kiwanuka will be making a transition to outside line backer. The secondary has some issues, but the Giants defense seems more of a fill-in defense than a reliable defense.

19) Cincinnati Bengals
Jonathan Joseph was one of the most underrated players in the league last year. If Leon Hall is able to make a positive impact on the team from day one, the corners would be set. This Bengals ranking is due to upside; the offense will have the defense on the field limited times throughout the game, allowing extra rest time. Marvin Lewis is a defensive wiz, but will he finally be able to take this defense to the next level?

20) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The defense has aged over the years but it should still be able to put up a solid fight. Cato June and Gaines Adams were both nice additions to the Tampa 2 defense. Ronde Barber is still on the team, as well as Brooks and both should provide the leadership needed to keep this defense somewhat successful.

21) Atlanta Falcons
Can John Abraham for once, please stay healthy? When he is healthy, he is a force to be reckoned with; hes clearly an impact player. Jamaal Anderson should help improve the pass rush, and Chris Houston the secondary but thats not enough to make this defense elite. Expect some impressive and depressing games from the Falcons defense.

22) Buffalo Bills
They lost a lot of guys but have the youth to make up for it. Poz was drafted to take over for Baker as well as Youboty last year to take over for Clement. The safeties are both young and showed promise last year as well as the defensive tackles. Aaron Schobel is underrated, despite making the pro bowl. The upside of this young defense is tempting to pass up so late in a draft.

23) New Orleans Saints
The Achilles Heel of the defense last year was giving up the big play. Hopefully, that problem will be fixed this year. Their is upside here though as the Saints are proud owners of two pretty good defensive ends: Charles Grant and Will Smith. I see them as another fill-in defense unless for some reason you like there opponent.

24) Arizona Cardinals
It appears the futile point of the Cardinals defense is their secondary. Questions at corner and an opposing safety to play along side Adrian Wilson discomfort you, but than you realize its late in your draft. Another possible fill-in defense, but nothing else more.

25) Kansas City Chiefs
The bright side here is that L.J. should give the defense plenty of rest, the downside is the defense isn't very good. Some additions were made though, including Donnie Edwards, and they have some quality players but thats not enough. Their is slight upside but not really enough to consider drafting them.

26) St. Louis Rams
Leonard Little is aging and the secondary once again is a problem. Carriker might spark the defensive line, but you still worry about the consistency of this defense.

27) Houston Texans
Plenty of upside here with: Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Dunta Robinson and Okoye along with Mathis returning, but not enough to consider them a solid fantasy defense. This could possibly becoem a sleeper defense, so I suppose the potential retribution could outweigh the mind boggling selection.

28) Detroit Lions
Ernie Simms is one of the best picks of the Matt Millen era. The Cover 2 scheme should improve as the Lions will now have a full season under their belts. The Lions addressed some of their pass rushing needs and got rid of out of placed corner Dre Bly. The foundation is slowly, but surely, being built to one day become a top defense, just not quit there yet.

29) Indianapolis Colts
If it was playoff time all season long the Colts would sky rocket up these boards. The ran over defense stepped up when it matter last year but was unable to do so during the season. I suppose their is potential for a solid season, but I doubt it, in terms of fantasy wise.

30) Cleveland Browns
Let me start out by saying Kamerion Wimbley is a beast. Wimbley showed massive amounts of promise followed by potential last year. He should be able to apply pressure to opposing quarterbacks. However, the defensive line in the 3-4 defense is vital to its success and the Browns don't have it. Maybe Romeo can turn it around this year.

31) Tennessee Titans
Keith Bullock is one of the most under praised players in the game as well as Chris Hope. Adam "Pacman" Jones won't be on the field and that will also cripple the defense as well as the return game. The Titans defense has two outstanding players in Bullock and Hope, so perhaps, and just maybe, their is a glimpse of some sleeper in them.

32) Washington Redskins
What in the football gods name happened last year? The Redskins had a solid defense in '05 which made the sudden collapse even more heartbreaking. LaRon Laundry and Sean Taylor are a fearsome safety duo but the inability to create a persistent pass rush will haunt the Skins.

Giving you the Edge
Do you have trouble finding that sleeper in the later rounds? How about some impact rookies? If you are able to master those two stumbling fantasy components you will be in good shape for the season. Below is my Sleeper Picks and Impact Rookies to watch out for.

Sleepers
Last year Frank Gore was drafted past the tenth round, and I think its safe to say, he emerged as a top five pick. Sleepers will give you that extra first round talent to help you overthrow your opponent. Below is my top five sleepers at each position.

Quarterbacks

Alex Smith - San Francisco 49ers
Matt Schaub - Houston Texans
J.P. Losman - Buffalo Bills
Jason Campbell - Washington Redskins
Jon Kitna - Detroit Lions

Running Backs

Ahman Green - Houston Texans
Jerious Norwood - Atlanta Falcons
Kevin Jones - Detroit Lions
Brandon Jackson - Green Bay Packers
DeAngelo Williams - Carolina Panthers

Wide Receivers

Jericho Cotchery - New York Jets
Mark Clayton - Baltimore Ravens
Vincent Jackson - San Diego Chargers
D.J. Hackett - Seattle Seahawks
Brandon Jones - Tennessee Titans

Tight Ends

Owen Daniels - Houston Texans
Greg Olsen - Chicago Bears
Ben Troupe - Tennessee Titans
David Martin - Miami Dolphins
Zach Miller - Oakland Raiders

Defenses

Oakland Raiders
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
Houston Texans
Detroit Lions

Impact Rookies
Every year there seems to be rookies who make some type of fantasy impact, for example last year Marques Colston was the most memorable free agent pick up during the season. Below is my list of rookies who I think will make a fantasy impact in the '07 season.

Quarterbacks

JaMarcus Russell - Oakland Raiders
Brady Quinn - Cleveland Browns
John Beck - Miami Dolphins

Running Backs

Marshawn Lynch - Buffalo Bills
Adrian Peterson - Minnesota Vikings
Brandon Jackson - Green Bay Packers
Chris Henry - Tennessee Titans
Tony Hunt - Philadelphia Eagles

Wide Receivers

Calvin Johnson - Detroit Lions
Anthony Gonzalez - Indianapolis Colts
Dwayne Jarrett - Carolina Panthers
Craig Davis - San Diego Chargers
Mike Walker - Jacksonville Jaguars
Robert Meachem - New Orleans Saints
Dwayne Bowe - Kansas City Chiefs
Sidney Rice - Minnesota Vikings

Tight Ends

Greg Olsen - Chicago Bears
Zach Miller - Oakland Raiders
Kevin Boss - New York Giants
Matt Spaeth - Pittsburgh Steelers

Fantasy Panel
In case you think I have no clue what I'm talking about, I gathered a group of Football's Future most avid Fantasy Football followers to answer some burning question.

How do you see the Lions running back situation playng out this year? Who do you think will have a better year fantasy wise: Kevin Jones or Tatum Bell?

Harrington is da man wrote:
Kevin Jones is really progressing well and he is already jogging in practice. It is not out of the realm of possibility that he'll make the start of the season. If Kevin Jones does in fact make the beginning of the season, I'm looking for him to have the better year, fantasy wise. He's a very tough runner, so he will put up yards and he's a receiving threat - he should put up close to 1,500 total yards. Tatum Bell is the backup and will be our big play threat; but, he will not put up the kind of yards Kevin Jones will. He is more prone to score a touchdown then Kevin Jones is however. There's always a risk with Kevin Jones with his injury history; but, if he can get past that he's a very talented runner. Tatum Bell as it stands now has a very limited role; but, if he progresses well and becomes a better pass catcher, his role will expand. If you can get both, your in great shape.

The Packers currently have a battle for there starting running back spot between: Brandon Jackson and Vernon Morency. How do you see the situation playing out? Also, who do you think will have a better fantasy year?

Waldo wrote:
I think that Morency will have the better fantasy year, by a fairly decent margin. Jackson is getting off to a slow start. Minor injuries and the rookie event have hurt his early time with the team, and Morency is in place to bring him in slowly. Many consider Morency too small or a change of pace runner, but last year many of the longer running plays, especially late, were with Morency running the ball, and he got a lot better as the season wore on averaging 5.5 a carry in December and taking a larger share of carries in critical areas as Greens asthma was beginning to be much more noticeable late last year than it had in years previous. He has gained nearly 10 lb of muscle this offseason, putting him at 220, which is average for an NFL back, but on his 5'9" frame he is pretty well built. From Green he learned the rigorous training that is required to keep his body in top shape to play the position for many years.

He is a low mileage back and unlike Green, does not initiate contact, instead he avoids and attempts to juke would be defenders instead of plowing them over. One thing that was very apparent last year was that Mo is lightning out of his cuts, and as the season wore on he made better decisions with where to make his cuts and it showed as his yardage totals went up. He was traded to the team early last season, and as such missed all of the offseason work with the team and training camp. This offseason he has been working hard with the team and has a lot of drive to be the #1, he knows that this is his chance, and this is a contract year for him.

The coach McCarthy indicated that he was unhappy with the amount of running the team did last year and would like to increase the total number of runs. Last year backs ran about 400 times, this year I suspect that number will be closer to 450 as the line improves and the coaches realize that many of the scoring shortcomings had a lot to do with rarely running the ball in the red zone. Last years break up was Green - 250, Morency - 100, and Herron - 50. I suspect this year the increased runs will go solely to Jackson and the RBBC approach will be utilized more, though Morency will still be the favored back. I suspect that this year the breakup will be Morency - 250, Jackson - 150, #3 (Herron/Wynn) - 50.

The coach will probably start Morency virtually every game and will give him the chance to prove that he has the hot hand before moving on to Jackson, and will tend to stick with him more. Similar to Tatum Bell last year in Denver, the coaches will provide him every opportunity to be the #1. There is no need to bring Jackson along quickly and his limited time as a starter in college reinforces to me that the coaching staff will not put too much on his shoulders too quickly.

The Jacksonville Jaguarss seem to have a bunch of wide receivers but none of them stand out as fantasy studs. Which Jags wide out do you think will have the best year?, from a fantasy standpoint.

jagz4life wrote:
At this point, this question is nearly impossible to answer. If you want to play it safe, I would go with Reggie Williams. If Byron Leftwich is on the field, and Matt Jones is healthy, he's probably the best bet, but if Matt isn't... Reggie is your safest bet. However, if you are taking a Jaguars WR, its probably pretty late, and you aren't looking to play it safe.

In that case, you should check out Dennis Northcutt or Mike Walker. Northcutt has finally enjoyed a QB with a rating of at least over 80. He's a speedster and Byron has a big arm. He, as well as Walker, have been the two most impressive WRs.

Walker, everybody loves. He played at UCF, so he didn't get the press, but he's still built to be a star in this league. He caught 90 balls on a broken leg last year, after coming into UCF as a cornerback. He's fast, athletic, and doesn't drop balls. He's quickly become a fan favorite, and a guy we expect to start for years to come.

I wouldn't take Walker in your draft, but keep checking in on how much the Jaguars use him, and you may want to make him an early-mid season free agent pick up.

As for the draft, its Jones, Williams, or Northcutt. Your best bet, as I'm sure the order they will be drafted in, is as previously stated... Matt Jones, Reggie Williams, and Dennis Northcutt.

Which Vikings wide receiver do you think will have the best fantasy year? Also, how productive do you think both Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor will be since they will be sharing carries with one another? Which of the two do you expect to have a better fantasy year?

Lee121503 wrote:
The only Viking WR that I would want to draft would be Troy Williamson. He's had some problems with his eyes before and he's been working hard this offseason to correct it. If Troy had been able to catch last year (granted an important thing for a WR) he would have had around 900 yards and 5 TDs, not bad numbers for a second year WR. He has caught over 10,000 balls this off season so hopefully his hand eye coordination is improving. If I'm drafting a Viking WR, it's someone on my bench so I want the highest upside. Williamson has the physical tools to produce if he is able to hang onto the ball.

AD and Taylor will be fairly productive. I expect Chester to have the better first half of the year and AD the better second half. There have also been reports that Chester is playing some in the slot a la Reggie Bush. If the Vikings decide to go that route, which is never a bad idea to get your best players on the field, AD would play the Deuce role and Chester would play the role of Reggie Bush. In PPR leagues, I would look to take Chester first, but in all other leagues the upside of AD should win out and he should be the first Viking RB picked.

Which top player, meaning a 1st or 2nd round pick, do you fear will end up being a bust or perhaps not worthy of a pick that high? Who are some of your favorite sleepers to draft?

The Gnat wrote:
I think the people will still get caught up in the Palmer/Brady/McNabb hype. While they do produce the second tier, I think that there are better options above them, low first tier, that people will pass over, Brees and Bulger, in favor of the better known big name players. I think that will end up hurting some teams in the long run.

As for sleepers, I think that WR's are very deep this year, and that it is probably smarter to get three RB's in the first five rounds then two RB's, a QB, and two WR's. I think that later on there are WR's like Bernard Berrian, Vincent Jackson, or Greg Jennings that will be able to help you win games, based on match-ups, and that having three great RB's is going to keep a team from stumbling when bye weeks come around. Also, some older more veteran WR's like Galloway should be good picks. Also, avoid the trap of drafting Calvin Johnson too early. He is a rookie and he is a big risk. If you can get him as your third WR, go for it, but he doesn't deserve to be a number 2 right now.

Laveranues Coles and Jericho Cotchery proved themselves as two excellent, reliable receivers last year. What kind of production do you see from each this year? Who do you think will be the better fantasy player?

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I expect the same amount of production as last year. Chad will have an easier time to get them the ball, but Thomas Jones will get a lot of action on the ground. Last year Chad was throwing over 30 times a game. I see him around 25 now, giving less opportunities, but he will be more efficient. I think Cotchery will be the better value because you can get him later then Coles. Cotchery does it all, he can go deep, short, intermediate. He moves the chains, goes over the middle for tough grabs and he gets YAC(yards after catch), however, Coles will be the better player, putting up stronger stats. He's Chad's guy. He should have more catches and yards than Cotch. He is a vertical threat and he makes guys miss after he catches it.

Which wide out do you see having a more productive year Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald? How do you see Edgerrin James performing in the new offense?

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
More productive?Fitz or Boldin?
Larry Fitzgerald will be the more productive wide receiver for the Cardinals next year but it won't be by much.Larry Fitzgerald has gained the trust of second year QB Matt Leinart and is usually the first look for the QB.Anquan Boldin will be utilized in many different ways next season and will sometimes play out of the slot and he may throw a TD pass or 2.they are both so talented that it's hard to give an educated guess but Fitz seems to have just that little bit more of chemistry with leinart and is the number 1 look for him.Based on that i think he will get roughly 10 more catches and maybe 2 more TD's.

Edge
Edgerrin James will benefit from Ken Whisenhunt and Russ Grimm's promise to bring a power running game to Arizona.They dropped Leonard davis and went with a more run oriented line with Al Johnson,Mike Gandy and the drafting of Levi Brown proves this .Edge will have a much better fantasy year next season as the Cardinals are gonna be using a run first philosophy.

Which newly acquired back, Travis Henry or Willis McGahee, will have a better fantasy season? What type of production do you see from both?

JetsoverFins wrote:
My vote would be for Travis Henry. First letís look at last year, and how their numbers compared. Travis Henry was able to get 1,200+ with seven TD. While McGahee wasnít even able to eclipse the 1,000 yards barrier and had less TD then Henry. McGahee was also very inconsistent, too. He had only two games where he rushed for 100 yards, or more, and those two games combined for about 36% of his season total. Coincidentally both 100 yard games came against the Jets, which is a team he had great success against. Unfortunately for him, he will only be facing them once this upcoming year. Then you move on too the new homes each player had. Both left for teams with enhanced offensive lines from their ex teams. However, Henry left to Denver, and they can make a 1,000 yard back out of me. No matter who is in the back field the running back always seems to have magnificent numbers, whether it is Tatum Bell or Ruben Droughns. Then you add in the talent of Henry in the back field, the possibilities are end less. McGahee left to Baltimore who also is an upgrade from Buffalo, but is it better then the Denver O-Line? I think not. All in all not only did Henry post better numbers last year, but now he moves on too a team that is known for making 1,000+ yard backs. I expect Henry to have greater success this upcoming year, then Willis. I can see Henry getting 1,400+ yards, and around 10 TDs. And I can see McGahee getting 1,200+ yards, and around 7 TDs.

Last year the Bears used a two running back system with, Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson. Jones departed for the Jets and now Benson is the man in Chicago. Which of the two do you expect to have a better year this upcoming Fantasy Football Season?

Harrington is da man wrote:
This one is tough to say. The line in Chicago is a lot better then New York's; however, Thomas Jones is more dimensional. He can catch the ball, pick up yards and be a touchdown threat. Cedric Benson is still unproven yet and is not as versatile as Thomas Jones, he is more likely to get more touchdowns then Thomas Jones though. As it stands now, I'd go with Thomas Jones solely based upon experience.

Many people consider New England Patriot wide receiver Randy Moss a number one fantasy receiver. Do you consider him worthy of this title?

Waldo wrote:
I don't think that Moss is worthy of consideration as a #1 receiver. Even if he has returned to his former form, the offensive system NE has, running the ball often, a solid receiving TE, other good receivers, and Brady's penchant for spreading the ball around and not having tunnel vision, will contribute for lower statistical totals. NE receivers are rarely worthy of being #1 WR's because of their offensive philosophy, this year because of the overall talent, I suspect that there will be more spreading than ever before. There will be no Randy ratio in NE and I suspect that he is there as an occasional deep threat that acts more as a decoy than anything.

NE is not a go deep often offense, and Randy is not a grind the ball, move the chains receiver. He is poor in traffic and has never been comfortable in the middle of the field. There is a decent chance that Moss has lost a step, if that is the case there is a serious possibility that he not only is not the leading receiver on the Patriots, the chance exists that he is no better than the 3rd receiver on the team, coming in in 3 WR sets. The flanker slot will not be handed to him and the additional quality at receiver will open things up for Watson, Maroney, and Faulk more than ever, and I suspect that much of NE's offensive focus will be them, with Stallworth, and Moss being used sparingly, enough to keep things moving and the defense on their heels, but limiting the unnecessary risk of turnovers.

Who are your top three fantasy rookie running backs?

jagz4life wrote:
I think its the obvious three.... Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, and Brandon Jackson.

Chris Henry is the only other option. He could take over the third spot for Brandon Jackson. But with Lendale White there, and with them bringing in Chris Brown, I don't see it.

Lynch has the starting job in an offense that saw Willis McGahee excel so often. They'll look to run it with him and he should have a nice year seeing the bulk of the carries there.

Peterson... well, its tough to pass on Peterson. He'll be splitting, but we saw what that could do for guys like Jones-Drew, Bush, Maroney, etc last year. He's in a good rushing offense, and they will definitely look to use him. He's a solid pick.

Jackson I wouldn't take too high, but he's the 3rd best rookie RB. He's got a nice running style and he'll see definite success if named the starter in Green Bay. Even if he is not, I believe he should still see significant carries.

Rank the following tight ends in terms of how you think each will perform this season: Vernon Davis, Kellen Winslow and L.J. Smith.

Lee121503 wrote:
1. Vernon Davis
2. Kellen Winslow
3. L.J. Smith

All three have injury concerns to me. Davis will bust out this year if he stays healthy. I'm a little leery of Winslow, but I'd still take him over Smith. Smith will get you 600 yards and 5 TDs, but there's not much upside.

Which sophomore quarterback do you think will have the best year? Also the second and third?

The Gnat wrote:
This is a tough question. I think that will end up being Jay Cutler. Broncos have a decent WR corp, and are going to have a great running game like always. So I think that Jay Cutler is going to be the safest pick at QB in fantasy drafts for the QB's who are in the sophomore year.

After that I am going to have to go with Vince Young. His rushing as well as passing are going to be helpful to a team. He is the greatest risk, however, because he is a running QB there is a much better chance that he gets hurt.

Matt Leinart is my third best sophomore QB. This seems counter intuitive, but he is behind the worst offensive line of the three and he isn't mobile, so he is going to get sacked a lot, and the Cardinals also aren't going to have a running game. I think that even with the best WR's out of the bunch that he is going to have his struggles and that while he might put up some great weeks that he is going to struggle a lot against teams that can pass rush, because of hall quickly it will get to him.

A sleeper is Tavaris Jackson. Like Cutler, he is going to have a great running attack. Also, according to the Vikings coaches Jackson is a sponge and just soaks up information and hopefully this helps him be able to step in. The biggest concern with Jackson isn't going to be his play, but the play of the Vikings WR's. If the Vikings WR's do well, Jackson could end up out performing a couple of these guys.

In conclusion, the sophomore QB's are all really fairly risky as they all aren't extremely experienced. Even Cutler, who is in a good situation with a good team, is going to have passing opportunities taken away from him because of the strong running game. I wouldn't trust any of them as starters, but they could make very good back up or sleeper picks. In a situation where you have to start two QB's, they would be a decent second option.

How important are byes to you when you draft your fantasy team?

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
I think they are important, but I always forget about them. I just like to go BPA and risk it.

In what order do you see the four sophomore backs: Bush, Maroney, Addai and MJD, performing this year?

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Sophomore Rb's
Best-Laurence Maroney-maroney proved last year that he can carry the load while splitting carries with Cory Dillon he rushed for 700 yards and 7 TD's.The Pats were confident enough in his abilities to let Dillon go and put more emphasis and pressure on the second year RB.With the new WR's that the Pats have defenses will not be able to stack the line of scrimmage and this should give Maroney time and space to do his thing.
Second Best-Joseph Addai-Much the same scenario with Maroney in Addai that the Colts allowed Dom Rhodes to leave since they believe in what Addai can do.He rushed for over 1000 yards last season and had a 4.8 ypc average.he also caught 40 passes last year out of the backfield making him a dual threat.Peyton manning and the Colts passing attack will give Addai space as well.
Third best-Reggie Bush-The Saints have too many weapons to give him top rating this year even though he is the most talented.Considering Maroney and Addai are number 1 Rb's on there teams and Bush isn't means he is the third best option.He was on a roller coaster ride last year of ups and downs but he is more comfortable in the league now as a 2nd year player.i believe his 2nd half stats were very good but based on the fact that Deuce is there ahead of him in new orleans i give him 3rd place.
Worst of group-MJD-No question in my mind that MJD is the worse fantasy player out of this group.He is a dual threat as well but Fred Taylor will get his share of carries next season and the fact that MJD is small he may wear down .I realize he had alot of TD's last year(14)I just don't forsee him duplicating that and having as good of a season as he did last year.I think he will be a victim of the sophomore jinx much like Cadillac Williams.

Clearly, the top two fantasy defenses belong to the Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears. Who are your top two defenses after these two powerhouses?

JetsoverFins wrote:
This is a tough decision, because after those two defenses there is a pile of plenty. However, if I had to choose I would say the New England Patriots and the San Diego Chargers. New Englandís defense was already top-notch, and then they add in the electrifying and versatile player in Thomas. They get to the QB, cause TO, and also donít give up a lot of points, they where 2nd in the league in PPG given up. The most important factor of them all, though, is they have Bill Bilichick. Then for the Chargers itís pretty much the same thing. They get a lot of sacks, cause TO, and where 7th in the league in PPG given up. Not to mention they still have lights out who will get you a handful of sacks by himself. The clear top two defenses are the Ravens and the Bears, then after that my pick would be the Pats. But to tell you the truth after those three there are plenty of teams that you can argue for the number four spot. However, my vote would go to the Chargers.

The End

I hope this fantasy preview will come in hand when you are drafting your team this upcoming season. Just remember use your football knowledge to your advantage, play match-ups and pay attention to the waver wire. I would like to thank all my Fantasy Panel experts for their spectacular answers.

Good luck everyone as you begin to embark on your 2007 Fantasy Football Season!

Last edited by Jetsalltheway39 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

I don't even know where to begin. Can this man get a sticky?

Another fantastic post Jetsalltheway39. I have really enjoyed reading your posts as of late.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway, you are officially my hero. I found this post about 10 minutes before a draft (I know, draft in July=injury riddled team in September) but I just couldn't help it. Your rankings really helped me and I have amassed I think a championship caliber team in my standard 12 team league. Thanks for the help, I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

P.S.- I just added this post to my favorites Very Happy Thanks in advance for my September drafts!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Jetsalltheway39 Applause , this will really help we when I draft for my fantasy team. Once again, great job Applause

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway39, this is an amazing post from you. This should help a ton with with all the leagues that are being drafted from on the site, and any live drafts I will be involved in in the future. Great Job. Only thing, you should have asked me a question for the ask the experts part Wink Laughing.
dominate26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow you put alot of time into this and you did a fantastic Job, thank you, i do disagree on some of the rankings and Starter stuff but who doesnt. Great Job man.
Browns_17

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually think the best part of the whole thing was the end...

haha just joking, it was amazing. the best part was the interviews about players and asking people that actually know about the teams.

a job well done.

Props to thesickness89 for the sig!
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.Amazing post Jets.This belongs on the front page of the site IMO.Congrats on a job well done.The only thing I disagree with is the Gnats analysis on why Leinart will be third best sophomore if he is.That's a story for a different day though.
Jetsalltheway39

Most Valuable Poster
Trophy Room
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for all the appreciation so far.

I am glad to know it will come in handy when you are drafting your fantasy team.
jing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first half where you explained each player by position was decent writing but nothing more then exaggerated rankings. The second half where you posted your Sleepers and Impact Rookies along with the Q&A's; were definitely the better part of your 'series' and was indeed thinking outside of the box. I'm sure that it will help a lot of people who will go on to read over this. The biggest thing that I was impressed with is the idea of how long this must have taken you and for that effort alone this, for me, gets an A+. Nice stuff.

So, you my wonder, what exactly is the thought process of a Colts fan?
ravinator12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea im gonna have to agree with everyone, great job jetsalltheway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway39..............great post.

Great rankings.

I know this took a ton of time but it will help alot of people.

Good job.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jetsalltheway39's Fantasy Football Preview Reply with quote

Jetsalltheway39 wrote:

Nice read, I'm glad you took the time to put it together. It's good to get different perspectives on this stuff.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing, amazing work... nice job. The time and effort put into this is incredible. More members should look to your posts to see true quality.

Nice job...

Oh yeah and I think that guy jagz4life was probably the best interviewee. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: