Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are the Falcons biggest division rival?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which division team is the Falcons biggest rival?
Carolina Panthers
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
New Orleans Saints
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

Author Message
LSUSAINT


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 10319
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Who are the Falcons biggest division rival? Reply with quote

Out of the NFC South Division, which team do Falcons fans consider to be their biggest rivalry?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are the Falcons biggest division rival? Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
Out of the NFC South Division, which team do Falcons fans consider to be their biggest rivalry?

this has got to be the stupidest question man! The Falcons biggest rivals in ANY division is the New Orleans 'Aints!
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LSUSAINT


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 10319
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Who are the Falcons biggest division rival? Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
LSUSAINT wrote:
Out of the NFC South Division, which team do Falcons fans consider to be their biggest rivalry?

this has got to be the stupidest question man! The Falcons biggest rivals in ANY division is the New Orleans 'Aints!


I know i just wanted to make sure Falcons fans felt the same way Rolling Eyes .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golf333333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Posts: 10009
Location: Mpls
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to go with Tampa riding with their Cadillac and with Michael Clayton having a great "Sophmore" season.
_________________
golf333333 wrote:
[EDITED BY MODERATOR]


Last edited by golf333333 on Sun May 22, 2005 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LSUSAINT


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 10319
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

golf333333 wrote:
I'm going to have to go with Tampa riding with their Cadillac and with Mark Clayton having a great "Sophmore" season.


That would be Michael Clayton. It seems like half of the football nation gets that mixed up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

golf333333 wrote:
I'm going to have to go with Tampa riding with their Cadillac and with Mark Clayton having a great "Sophmore" season.

too bad the same poll was on the Falcons official site and the vote was 95% Saints.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
2105 yards


Moderator
Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 8415
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Carolina, if they stay healthy (and that's a BIG if), can get back to the Super Bowl...I'll be surprised if they don't win the division, although the Dirty Birds should be tough again this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the question is who the Falcons biggest rival is. The Die HArd fans that actually know about the team woudl say New Orleans. the NO-ATL rivalry is as big as some college rivalries (UGA-GT, FSU-MIA and a few others)
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
soxfin22


Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 294
Location: Holden Mass
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tampa always has been a rival ever sicne vick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soxfin22 wrote:
tampa always has been a rival ever sicne vick

Tampa has had some close games but is not a rival yet. They aren't Atlanta's rivals yet. and if they are Atlanta fans don't view it that way. The Saints have been and Always will be Atlanta's biggest rival and the people that think otherwise don't know much about
New Orleans or Atlanta.

Quote:

The Saints have been the Falcons most intense rival for 3 decades and playing the ''loser Bucs'' for the last 3 years in the same division does not change that.

_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TyMarlboro


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 308
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scar has this one right, the ATL-NO rivalry goes back to the 70's and actually there have been some exciting games between the two.
CAR-TB have developed their own rivalry in recent years with some classic defensive battles the last two years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golf333333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Posts: 10009
Location: Mpls
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not necessairly about the intensity of the rivalry, it's about the quality and meaningfullness (i just made that word up) of the game.
_________________
golf333333 wrote:
[EDITED BY MODERATOR]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

golf333333 wrote:
It's not necessairly about the intensity of the rivalry, it's about the quality and meaningfullness (i just made that word up) of the game.

no when you talk about rivalry it is ONLY about history and intensity of the rival. Carolina and TB aren't rivals. while New Orleans is a huge rival.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LSUSAINT


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 10319
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
golf333333 wrote:
It's not necessairly about the intensity of the rivalry, it's about the quality and meaningfullness (i just made that word up) of the game.

no when you talk about rivalry it is ONLY about history and intensity of the rival. Carolina and TB aren't rivals. while New Orleans is a huge rival.


very true. Carolina is a fairly new team. Tampa Bay was in the NFC norht or whichever division before they realigned. The Falcons and Saints have been in the same division for as long as i can remember.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29496
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSUSAINT wrote:
scar988 wrote:
golf333333 wrote:
It's not necessairly about the intensity of the rivalry, it's about the quality and meaningfullness (i just made that word up) of the game.

no when you talk about rivalry it is ONLY about history and intensity of the rival. Carolina and TB aren't rivals. while New Orleans is a huge rival.


very true. Carolina is a fairly new team. Tampa Bay was in the NFC norht or whichever division before they realigned. The Falcons and Saints have been in the same division for as long as i can remember.
Falcons and Saints have always been in the same division. the old NFC West and now the new NFC South.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group