Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Closing in on a Freddie trade.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Closing in on a Freddie trade. Reply with quote

Howard Eskin reported yesterday that the Eagles are ready to trade to trade Freddie for a 6th round draft choice to another NFC team that runs a West Coast Offence.
My guess is the Seahawks.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might be the Broncos. Hahaha. What a dissappointment for Bronco fans. This was on Si.com.
Quote:
Freddie Mitchell, the Eagles' No. 3 receiver last season, still is under contract but told not to attend minicamp by coach Andy Reid. Mitchell, who has asked to be traded or released, reportedly is on the Broncos radar.
-- Delaware County Times
Ares Caesar

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, I feel sorry for any team that gets dupped into taking a "Poor Mans TO" (He runs his mouth as good as TO, but he sure as heck doesnt make the plays that TO does)
The_Jester

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Request from a Broncos fan.

Maybe you could give us the "Freddie Mitchell Story." What's up with this guy, personality-wise, talent-wise and production-wise? What could we be getting into here?

Also, aren't you kids getting a little thin at receiver?
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To any Denver fan -

Freddie Mitchell is the prototype reciever for going over the middle and cathcing the ball in traffic. If TO and him didn't have personality conflicts, he would still be here but Reid wanted to make TO feel better and come back so he's getting rid of Freddie. He has lots of ability and heart and good hands - not blazing speed but runs routes well. He's also part of the new breed of WR who believes in taking pressure off the quarterback by pulling media attention to themselves and hance relieve the QB. With our young but inexperienced WRs (Lewis, McMullen, Jenkins and draftee Brown) ready to take the 3rd, 4th (and perhaps by the beginning of the season Pinky's 2nd) WR spots he's expendable -- unlike TO who contract wise would be better to hold onto for 1-2 more years and is a proven #1. Wish we could keep them both but their egos won't allow it -- given the opportunity though he should blossom, check out his performances against Minny and ATL -- this just shows they're doing everything short of more money to make TO happy.
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Freddie Mitchell is the prototype reciever for going over the middle and cathcing the ball in traffic. If TO and him didn't have personality conflicts, he would still be here but Reid wanted to make TO feel better and come back so he's getting rid of Freddie. He has lots of ability and heart and good hands - not blazing speed but runs routes well. He's also part of the new breed of WR who believes in taking pressure off the quarterback by pulling media attention to themselves and hance relieve the QB. With our young but inexperienced WRs (Lewis, McMullen, Jenkins and draftee Brown) ready to take the 3rd, 4th (and perhaps by the beginning of the season Pinky's 2nd) WR spots he's expendable -- unlike TO who contract wise would be better to hold onto for 1-2 more years and is a proven #1. Wish we could keep them both but their egos won't allow it -- given the opportunity though he should blossom, check out his performances against Minny and ATL -- this just shows they're doing everything short of more money to make TO happy.

WOW that was entirely to nice, for a guy that calls out his QB, doesn't show up to half the games, and couldn't beat James Thrash then Todd Pinkston for the number 1 wr. And its not just TO that dislikes Fred-ex, AR can't stand him- they were going to trade him after the SB situations (when he talked a big game). He is the equivalent CJs attitude with the talent of a subpar wr. I would say he is the epitome of an arrogant athlete.
PhillyTransplant I hope that your post was a joke to make the Broncos think they are getting a decent player.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm getting confused. Any third opinions?
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade talks involved a NFC team that runs a west-coast.
Only two teams pop in my head Bucs and Seahawks.
Rams and 9ers also fit the qualifications but I don't see it happening.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CandylandBills wrote:
Quote:

WOW that was entirely to nice, for a guy that calls out his QB, doesn't show up to half the games, and couldn't beat James Thrash then Todd Pinkston for the number 1 wr. And its not just TO that dislikes Fred-ex, AR can't stand him- they were going to trade him after the SB situations (when he talked a big game). He is the equivalent CJs attitude with the talent of a subpar wr. I would say he is the epitome of an arrogant athlete.
PhillyTransplant I hope that your post was a joke to make the Broncos think they are getting a decent player.

Sorry candyland--many of my post are sarcastic which is why I addressed the last one to denver fans. By the way, the Seahawks would actually be a good possibility because of his sure-hands (at least compared to their current recievers) and the fact that they run a similar offense. Plus with AR's connections there he could work some magic and get a 6th that could turn into a 5th (500 yds recieving - a possibility) and a 4th at 1000 yds (not a great chance unless Koren goes dumb and gets suspended again)
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok got you philly. Hahah. You should go on the Denver forum and post that. The fans would be so confused. haha.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so you're beating a dead eagle about his personality. We all get the point. But I know lots of folks who have fantastic, pope-like personalities who aren't very good at football. So, why's Freddie Mitchell in the NFL? Why was he a first round (I think) pick? Any reason besides his detestability that he is now only worth a seventh round pick? Is there any hope for this poor lost soul?

And I still don't want him in Denver. Howsabout the Raiders? I think Moss could really help to bring him along.
SIERK

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a different view of Freddie.

No, Freddie isn't completely horrible. In the right system, I think he can be fairly productive (50-60 catches). In other words, much like former Eagle James Thrash.

Freddie is right about one thing: McNabb doesn't look for him. There are times he's open when he doesn't get the ball. Of course, he's often a lot less open than he thinks he is.

He's not especially fast, quick, tall, strong. His hands are pretty decent. Hard to tell about his route running. He was considered a bit of a reach when he was drafted. Reggie Brown on paper has a lot more tools than Freddie does.

As far as his personality, for quite awhile, Freddie amused me. He is arrogant, but he toned it down for a long time. Then on the times where he got some catches, he was purposely playing the Leon character from the commercials. So you knew he wasn't quite serious about what he was saying, but at some level he actually was.

But then he got bitter and started dissing everyone. And that's why everyone wants him out of town.
PhillyEaglesIn06

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok im gonna try and close this out abruptly and hopefully u guys will agree as many ppl have told me i know wat im talking ab when it comes to football:

Freddie Mitchell Sucks! end of story

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of rewriting a new argument, I will post a previous post on FredEx.

hype4bid wrote:
I know he has a big mouth but I wouldnít be so hard on the guy. He is the 4th and 26 guy. He did catch that bomb from McNabb in the Dallas game. And even show some signs of flash in the Vikings game. I think he will be better in another environment and on a different team. He has good hands and yes he is a former #1, which everyone thinks bust. Give the man a chance but just not in Philly. At times, McNabb just totally ignores the guy or donít even catch him when he is open. I think he would be great for Seattle, replacing Koren Robinson who canít catch and canít give up the green. A solid number 2 somewhere but not here.
zteutsch

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: fred-ex is a solid posession reciever Reply with quote

Freddie is certainly smug. He makes a decent posession reciever. he has good hands, is happy to go over the middle and makes good catches in traffic. He is very good when the QB scrambles.
I have some good feelings left from his amazing grab after Donovan scrambled accross the field and back against Dallas on monday night last season.
Fred-Ex irritates us because he talks like a number one when he is a solid slot guy.
If our number one had stretched the field Fred-Ex could have been a good number two, but we needed our speedy bomb threat at number two, so Freddie got pushed to three.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: