Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you think T.O. will hold-out the entire season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Do you think T.O. will hold-out the entire season? Reply with quote

If he doesn't receive a new contract is that a possibility? Do you think they should try and shop him and see what they can get in return? Will it effect the Eagles chances to win a Superbowl? I'm just curious what Eagles fans think of this situation.

My arguement is this T.O. signed a contract last season and he stated he wouldn't cause any problems. We all see how that turned out. The Eagles in my mind should realistically think, is it worth the trouble to hold on to something that isn't out for the best interest of the team. The Eagles proved for the past 5 years that there a winning team. T.O. didn't help them get over that hump. He wasn't even on the field for the entire playoffs till the Superbowl. Yeah he put up decent numbers but nothing game changing in my mind. He talk about D. McNabb like he wan't the main reason they got there. He's a joke and the Eagles should try and shop him and see what player they can get or send him back to the 49ers and let him suffer. What do ya'll think?
shill213

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think this whole TO thing has been taken WAY out of context. We do not know exactly how that interview went...Owens demeanor....and what if it was a joke taken the wrong way? We do not know therefore we shouldn't take TO's past and call him the "bad guy". Anyways I am disappointed about his holdout but remember that this man keeps his body in excellent shape and he will not be like Simon last year who held out and came to the team fat as hell.

As far as trading him.......NOT THIS YEAR!

He will hold out all of training camp but when he has to earn his paychecks he will show up, in tremendous shape, catch 18 TD's this year 1500 yards and make D McNabb the MVP of next year.
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you think T.O. will hold-out the entire season? Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
If he doesn't receive a new contract is that a possibility? Do you think they should try and shop him and see what they can get in return? Will it effect the Eagles chances to win a Superbowl? I'm just curious what Eagles fans think of this situation.

My arguement is this T.O. signed a contract last season and he stated he wouldn't cause any problems. We all see how that turned out. The Eagles in my mind should realistically think, is it worth the trouble to hold on to something that isn't out for the best interest of the team. The Eagles proved for the past 5 years that there a winning team. T.O. didn't help them get over that hump. He wasn't even on the field for the entire playoffs till the Superbowl. Yeah he put up decent numbers but nothing game changing in my mind. He talk about D. McNabb like he wan't the main reason they got there. He's a joke and the Eagles should try and shop him and see what player they can get or send him back to the 49ers and let him suffer. What do ya'll think?

Thats exactly what I said when you signed him, and now he still did not help you win the SB. I think you should have developed a young talent and went from there. Hes is I beleive 31 now and making an [inappropriate/removed] of himself and trying to diss Mcnabb which if he does come back he will pay for. He will get led into a safety across the middle. bank on it kudos to your front office for not blinking first on this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: