Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first post HI YA'LL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Man I love JETS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: My first post HI YA'LL Reply with quote

Just wanted to say hi ya'll, this is my first post here. I was a regular reader of this forum, but finally decided to make a user name.

The main thing on my mind is our SAFETIES. I really do not like any of them (jim leonhard included) and I feel they are all below average and under-sized. TE's ate us apart all year. What do ya'll think?

I also think Harris should be a top priority along with AL-CRO-traz. WR's are a little more easily replacable than these positions, at least thats what i think. What do ya'll think?
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see readers become posters.

I used to agree with you on the safety position. Up until the last few weeks of the season I had safety as the #1 need. But I watched Pool and Lowery closely and I see a lot of potential in that group. Let it be known that they can definitely be upgraded, but I think they warranted another year of play.

I'm glad I have someone else who agrees with me about Leonhard though. I love his heart and his attitude, but he's just not meant to be a starting safety in the NFL. I also hate, hate, HATE Eric Smith at safety. He's a glorified LB. His best role is to be the nickel LB. He can't be a traditional safety in any way.

Since I alluded that my #1 need is no longer safety, I'll say it's now a pass rusher, preferably from the OLB position. The Jets need speed in the front seven like none other, and I pray they get it.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
moham-17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, Al Cro Traz, that's pretty good, I don't think I've actually heard that one before.

Safety is most certainly one of our bigger needs, but the thing is I think I our safeties look worse than they actually re due to our pedestrian ( at least during the regular season) pass rush, so Im with JMAN on this one.

We need a guy who can consistently get pressure on the QB, preferably a fast guy (if we had had a speedy guy on that play where Ben rolled out, we probably would've got him, but our D is so slow).

Welcome to the forum man.
jgutowski24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Heh, Al Cro Traz, that's pretty good, I don't think I've actually heard that one before.

Safety is most certainly one of our bigger needs, but the thing is I think I our safeties look worse than they actually re due to our pedestrian ( at least during the regular season) pass rush, so Im with JMAN on this one.

We need a guy who can consistently get pressure on the QB, preferably a fast guy (if we had had a speedy guy on that play where Ben rolled out, we probably would've got him, but our D is so slow).

Welcome to the forum man.

you've never heard Al-Cro-Traz?

On the Jets vs Patriots playoff game(Pats fan):
GoldenboyGB wrote:
So when we trash them 41-10 whats going to be the excuse?
moham-17

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's just like the Nmadi Triangle though, people are trying to give CB's nicknames like they're anywhere near as good as Revis, I like it though.
jgutowski24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Nah, it's just like the Nmadi Triangle though, people are trying to give CB's nicknames like they're anywhere near as good as Revis, I like it though.

Revis Island... you just cannot beat it Laughing

GoldenboyGB wrote:
Man I love JETS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah like i dont think leonhard is a terrible safety, but he is undersized and no matter how much heart he has, he cant make up for it against TE's and even bigger RB;s that get into the secondary.

I agree though that a consistent pass rusher would make everybody look better. too bad vernon gholston couldnt bethat guy. boy is he bad and i dont understand how some people can still defend his poor, nonexistent play.

And yeah I also saw a thread on here about possible nicknames and I LOVED IT. I love giving nicknames to players, and I saw somebody that gave our corners the nickname Travel Agents or something like that. im loving the creativity in this forum
TheChad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at how well our secondary as a whole played throughout the playoffs, I'm still thinking that a pass rusher, a linebacker with speed, and a playmaking D-lineman (hard to find) are needs above another safety.

But really when the draft comes around we need to take the best player available who could fill any of those roles.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I love JETS wrote:
yeah like i dont think leonhard is a terrible safety, but he is undersized and no matter how much heart he has, he cant make up for it against TE's and even bigger RB;s that get into the secondary.

I agree though that a consistent pass rusher would make everybody look better. too bad vernon gholston couldnt bethat guy. boy is he bad and i dont understand how some people can still defend his poor, nonexistent play.

And yeah I also saw a thread on here about possible nicknames and I LOVED IT. I love giving nicknames to players, and I saw somebody that gave our corners the nickname Travel Agents or something like that. im loving the creativity in this forum

Welcome to the forum dude. Btw "Travel Agents" that was me lol! But Vernon was/ is the biggest bust I have ever seen. I wanted the kid from TCU Hughes last season but he was on IR this season but I assume he would help this year and his contribution to the team would be comparable to Kyle Wilson. Im feeling Justin Houston or Ryan Kerrigan would be a major improvement to the pass rush from the OLB position.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum dude

ttitansfan4life on the Titans wrote:
Best offense in league by far. We can throw Hasselbeck in there and it's still the best.

CEO of the Cutler fan club
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that's a heck of a user name.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Man, that's a heck of a user name.

I thought the same thing

GoldenboyGB wrote:
Man I love JETS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha thanks i wanted my user name to be quick and to the point.

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: