You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2007 Iggles Ceremony
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steegles46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: The 2007 Iggles Ceremony Reply with quote

The 2007 Iggles Ceremony
8:00pm EST, Friday, June 29th

Football's Future is proud to announce the 1st Annual Iggles Ceremony! All you Eagles fans are eligible, no matter how old:

or how young:

This ceremony is to recognize those who have had a positive effect on this forum, like helping out the newer posters:

Thanks to all of your desire to talk Eagles football, we have become one of the top forums on the site! You guys deserve to be recognised! So make sure you look your best:

Because ten posters are going to walk away with an Iggle!

Our emcee is one of the most esteemed posters on this site, newly crowned MVP Irish 11! The awards were given out to the posters who, over the course of this past calendar year, have shown themselves to be superb in various ways. The awards he will be dolling out are:

Liberty Bell - Most diplomatic poster. This is the poster who, when posting outside the Eagles forum, is the most respectful to all other members of this forum. He really shows that an Eagles fan here means that he is one that is not only knowledgeable, but also polite. Members of the Eagles forum know that I put incredible effort to impress upon everyone that being courteous to other posters here is key to creating the best football forum on the internet. This poster stands out because he not only possesses a keen intellect, but contributes to this forum in a respectful manner.
Winner: Eagle_scout94
Congratulatory Speech (Award)

Ed Rendell - Biggest Eagles booster. Who else but our beloved former Mayor and current state Governor would be deserving of such an homage? This is for the poster who, throughout the site, champions the Eagles in all of their glory. While not a homer nor overbearing, this poster is an active participant in the whole site and puts in the quality posts that speak of the good aspects of the Eagles. When a trade is made involving the Eagles, he's there in the NFL Forum talking about how this will help the team. When a discussion involving one of the Eagles players is launched, he's there to champion that player.
Winner: SuperBowlEagles
Congratulatory Speech

Thomas Eakins - Best sig and avatar maker. There are plenty of people from this forum who make excellent art for the other members of this site. This is perhaps the hardest forum in which to declare a winner, but this poster has stood out as producing the finest art, much as Philly-native Thomas Eakins.
Winner: McNabbNo5
Congratulatory Speech

Rocky Balboa - Most improved poster. This being a Philly-centered awards ceremony, this could be perhaps the second-most distinguished honor bestowed on award night. We always champion the underdog, the athlete or team that rose up from nowhere, beat the odds, and achieved greatness. Too often we as Philadelphia fans must say "We've been knocked down, but we will get back up," and in such a tradition, this poster danced on the knife's edge of oblivion but rose up to become one of the great contributors to the forum.
Winner: Bednarik60
Congratulatory Speech
Acceptance Speech

Louisa May Alcott - Best author of posts. Don't let the name fool you, this is an important one. This goes to the poster who best articulates his points, who clearly explains his points of view, and does so that best represents what is hoped for for everyone on this site. He is the pinnacle of poster perfection, and creates literary masterpieces in his posts which demand attention, much like the famous Philly-native author. To put it succinctly, when he posts, everyone reads.
Winner: Phire
Congratulatory Speech
Acceptance Speech

Wawa - Poster on 24/7. Like the convenience store, this poster seems to be on all the time - or rather, you'd truly believe that by the amount of posts he creates. It isn't enough that our winner posts often, he must create quality posts that ensure a continuation of the discussion, that raise different viewpoints, that deepen the dialogue. This poster, through constant contribution, has become an invaluable member of this forum, and thus stands out.
Winner: fly eagles fly
Congratulatory Speech
Acceptance Speech

Brian Westbrook - Most underrated poster. This poster doesn't seem to have the esteem among the other posters that others do, but he nevertheless makes incredible contributions to the discussions of important topics, and often sheds light on viewpoints in a way that no other poster can. While he may not "stand out" enough to garner other awards, he absolutely deserves consideration for them. By winning this award, the popularity and respectability boost should deem him ineligible for the award next year.
Winner: CandylandBills
Congratulatory Speech

William Penn - Poster excellence (member for more than one year). The founder of the state of Pennsylvania and the city of Philadelphia deserves this homage. This is the poster who has been a member for over a year, and has a long and established track record of excellent posting. The members can identify this poster as one who has stood out and can be mimicked in order to become one of the great posters on this site. This poster has made incredible contributions to this forum.
Winner: FiLLiE pHaNaTiC
Congratulatory Speech
Acceptance Speech

Scottie Reynolds - Poster excellence (member for less than one year). The freshman phenom from Philly-school Villanova garners the homage of this award, given to the poster who has been a member less than one year from the awards ceremony date, yet has already proven himself an invaluable member to this forum through fantastic posting and keen analysis. While most posters take time to adjust to the higher expectations of this site, this poster immediately set himself apart as one of the best posters in the forum.
Winner: marky_b27
Congratulatory Speech
Acceptance Speech

Bald Eagle - Most Valuable Poster. This is what it's all about. The most important poster to the forum. This is a person whose contributions throughout the past year have made the forum what it is today, and without him would be far worse off than it is now. This poster is an active participant in not only this forum but the entire site, not just in outstanding posting but in game and contest contribution, and indeed, even creation. This poster deserves the grandest honor, and there can be no higher honor than an award that bears the name of the team's - and its nation's - mascot.
Winner: ok go26
Congratulatory Speech

With so many outstanding posters, it's hard to keep the amount of awards down. I literally had 17 award categories and was easily able to fill them all with winners, but to put on such a long ceremony would be murder. There are plenty of posters here who deserve recognition, and indeed will garner such recognition next year.

I would like to say, before ending this post, that I am grateful for each and every one of you guys. Without the fine members here, this forum - and indeed this site - would be a boring place to visit. I crave the amount of input and insight that I read here, and it is a joy to talk Eagles football with everyone here. I feel lucky to be alive at a time where such inventions as the computer and the internet make it possible for me to connect to such a large community of people that share my interest and desire to talk about Eagles football. Thank you.

Last edited by Steegles46 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:38 am; edited 4 times in total
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool

We need to have a a Dhani Jones award. All flash but no substance posts...i.e using big words but not meaning a damn thing

haha but some of the names of those awards are pretty good
stevec0008

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im looking foward to this.
Do we vote or whats up with that?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again great idea Steegles, when is this award???
stevec0008

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:

29th.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:

29th.

Thanks.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea.

I hope I win one. Very Happy

#JDI
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I think i have a chance at is the LIBERTY BELL lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Lets not get into arguments and who thinks who should win untill voting. Just IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Lets not get into arguments and who thinks who should win untill voting. Just IMO.

I agree, there is no point in doing that.

#JDI
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job Steegs i like the creativity of the Award names!

We have alot of great posters from alll over the globe. The Eagles Forum is growing and Growing and we are one of the more Active Forums as well from my observation, i think theres alot to be excited about. and good luck to every one, hopefully we all will get Cake and Ice Cream even if we dont bring home a Iggle award !

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool idea...:thumbsup:

Rams vs. Patriots 17-20*; Panthers-Patriots, 29-32*, Eagles-Patriots 21-24*
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say, that no matter who takes one home or not, we are all winners.
Go Eagles.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I just want to say, that no matter who takes one home or not, we are all winners.
Go Eagles.

Thats so lame.
Haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phire
you totally reached out and touched my heart
we should have a funniest poster award (so B60 can win something)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: