Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Maybe our secondary isnt THAT bad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDChargers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Maybe our secondary isnt THAT bad Reply with quote

Maybe we just need to pressure the QB. We don't have much presssure on the qb. Leber and foley seem to a lot but maybe we need more. Giving the qb pressure would give himless time. They can't cover forever, they need the Qb to rush the throw. So maybe getting a big DE for the 304 and that rushes the qb, would make us just a better team on pass defense
supratony

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya well i would like a DE that could be good at getting pressure on the QB.... but my example is Patrick Kerney from ATL... he was a DE in the 3-4 and didnt do soo hot... but when he moved back to a 4-3 and was able to avoid constant double-teams he florished.... people like peppers and freeney would not be as dominate if they played in the 3-4 simply b/c they cannot line up as wide as they do in the 4-3.... if they ever lined up that wide in a 3-4.... u would see gaping holes in the space they suppose to be fill'n.... in the 3-4 u suppose to have DT that can play DE and not typical DE simply b/c u need those 3 down guys to eat up the blockers so that the LB can make plays..... thats y i feel if anything we need to get a LB like terrell suggs.... who plays LB but can if needed line up as a DE.... mind u that suggs was a dominate DE in college... if u see ravens games he is the primary LB that they have blitz'n... now if thats cause he sucks in coverage im not sure... but he is a good LB.... n thats y i like DJ soo much cause i keep hearing that if he came out last yr he would've been drafted ahead of vilma and dj williams.....
SDChargers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have a guy like that. His name is Shaun Phillips and we converted him into a LB> They do bring him in on some downs and he always is able to get pressure. I say bring him in more.
supratony

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i totally agree but thats y i want someone like DJ cause with his speed he can be able to drop back into coverage..... b/c right now the only realiable LB we got that is good in coverage is donney.... well hopefully we can upgrade at FS and LB.... cause we couldn't get consistant pressure even from all the LB's we got.... n i do believe we need to upgrade our DE... cause right now... igor and jamal are monsters eating up blockers.... but the other side doesn't do the same all the time... so i hope that it will be better next yr
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if dj falls to us...i'm all for it. But realisticallly he won't...i think we should see how phillips does as an every down olb. If he does bad..we always ggot leber. We should just re asses the olb position next year because we should give phillips a fair chance. He has a lot of potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: