Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Travis Johnson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Travis Johnson Reply with quote

I was just wondering what some Texan fans thought when Johnson was drafted at pick 16. Were you happy that he was the guy? Were you upset? If you would have picked someone else, whom would it have been? I am going to post one of these in every forum for their team's first pick and see what I get. I'm going to use these for something later on.

It's just my opinion, but I would not have taken this dude. I know many people think he is the best DT in the draft, but he's not. I think he is a bit overrated and that the Texans should have taken Spears instead of him. Are they going to play him at nose or d-end? I don't see him fitting well at nose, and not great at d-end in the 3-4. He is a much better 4-3 tackle.
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there were no real guarantees with where we picked. All of the guys available at 13 had positives with them, but also a number of question marks. Thomas Davis is a playmaker, but nobody is sure where he'll play at the next level. Derrick Johnson had been dropping in value as of late, and we really don't need another linebacker to play on the inside. Spears was questionable at points too. So I don't mind the selection of Travis Johnson. He's a big guy with a good motor to add some youth and depth to our D-line. So I like the selection, but we'll have to see how he pans out.
Concrete Roy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you guys should've drafted Derrick Johnson.
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, only time will tell. Derrick Johnson had been hyped up to an extreme level, but I'm gonna trust our draft team. At 13 I was pretty high on a number of guys: Alex Barron, Thomas Davis, Travis Johnson, Marcus Spears.... There were alot of ways we could have gone. But in the end, we added the best DT in the draft and really got some depth for our weak D-line. So we can't be too unhappy.
texan0305

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: draft Reply with quote

D.J had some questions, or atleast thats what the texans were thinking, once troy williamson was off the board the texans were looking for a defensive lineman, they were one of the worst teams last year at pressuring the quarterbacks and it might have been because the front 3, so i think it's a good pick, but i also think about it in the sense of last year if you would have told me that dunta robinson would be as good as he was in his rookie season i would have said you were crazy, he was rated as anywhere from 12-24 in the draft, and robinson was huge for us last year, the texans also haven't made a bad decision in the first round, so i have faith in casserly and the others that have that decision making power, i think dj is going to be great i wish him all the luck but i have a feeling he's not going to be much on that kansas city defense...
Halfback007

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you guys should have taken DJ.
Texans02

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really hoping Mike Williams would continue sliding a few more spots to us, though I know it was a pipe dream. I was a bit suprised by the Travis Johnson pick, but I think he may do well. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
GoLions17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dj would blow badly in a 3-4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should of drafted Alex barron,but thats IMO, so good luck guys see you soon!hopefully!!!!!!! cant wait till football season starts again!!!!
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you should've taken Brown or Barron.

Carr isn't gonna last very long at the rate he's getting sacked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree we need a boost on the OL, especially at OT. A good #2 receiver would be a plus as well. We did get Mathis in the draft, it will be interesting to see how he comes around as a WR and as a return man. I don't see any OT's on the market that I'm really excited about. Verba doesn't seem like a great fit and with the contract he is demanding, I don't care to see him in a Texans uniform.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you resign Bradford? What's his deal right now?
Texans02

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Ourlads he's still on our depth chart as a 2nd string WR behind underacheiver extraordinaire Gaffney. I suppose we resigned him quietly. Ourlads is usually up to date, so I'll trust them.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
I definitely agree we need a boost on the OL, especially at OT. A good #2 receiver would be a plus as well. We did get Mathis in the draft, it will be interesting to see how he comes around as a WR and as a return man. I don't see any OT's on the market that I'm really excited about. Verba doesn't seem like a great fit and with the contract he is demanding, I don't care to see him in a Texans uniform.

Agreed, I wouldn't want Verba either.

You need someone though, otherwise is gonna be another long, long year for David Carr.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else is available in FA or for trade besides Verba who would improve the line? I'm just wondering what our options are at this point...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: