Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrent Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Darrent Williams Reply with quote

I was just wondering what some Bronco fans thought when Williams was drafted in round 2. Were you happy that he was the guy? Were you upset? If you would have picked someone else, whom would it have been? I am going to post one of these in every forum for their team's first pick and see what I get. I'm going to use these for something later on.

I didn't really like this pick that much. I know that you guys needed another corner, but Walls is good and Champ is 'above average'. I thought that you might go offense. A reciever might have been a good choice here. If I were picking, I would have taken a reciever.
aceyalone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like this pick.. but every other pick in the draft was crap...

I thought they were going to choose Justin Miller, but when they chose Williams i liked it... i think he can be a good dime back... because there are lot of ppl who can play nickel for the broncos (LeSuer, Shoate, Alexander).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The_Jester

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to pretend I was overjoyed at this pick. I didn't want Miller, after hearing about his pre-draft stupidity, but there were a few other guys I would rather they had drafted.

Having said that, the choice of Williams has been growing on me. He looks like an explosive returner, and I think his speed and athleticism will allow him to be a good nickel back - covering the other teams' slot receivers, who are usually fast and shifty (see Brandon Stokely), and not always as big as the outside receivers.

Williams fills a need on the team. Karl Paymah, on the other hand . . .
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karl paymah could be turned into a safety which is a need. i wasn't happy about darrent williams. he's got character problems just like justin miller. justin miller is small but darrent is a full inch shorter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: