Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How was the 05 Draft
BAD
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
GOOD
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

golf333333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Question... Reply with quote

Vikings fan asking you guys what you thought of your draft becuase I belive Sporting News gave you an F and SI a D or something like that. ESPN also ripped you guys apart. Just wondering if you guys think that the analysts are wrong or if the team just did a crappy job.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had more choices, I might vote. I'd go with "so-so" if it was there.

When's the last time you've seen something in the mainstream media that was complementary to the Redskins? The media doesn't like Dan Snyder. I'm not saying that they should, but their opinions are biased becuase of it.

I've seen quite a few places that congratulated the Skins for the Rogers pick and for not taking Williams. Most people are down on our draft because of the trade with Denver and us taking Campbell with that pick. I was pretty pissed myself, but I'm going to at least wait until Campbell proves that it was a bad move before I give them a low grade on the draft. It's way too early to judge anyone's draft, and to buy in to those grades wouldn't be very smart.
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

Very Average did get a good corner though.
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both of their last two drafts have been similar. An F for the machinations surrounding the draft but a solid grade for who they actually selected, once the dumb trades and Keystone Kops routine about claiming to be misquoted on your own web site was over. Either Cerrato really does know more about football than a box of rocks or they have someone in the organization we dont know about doing a heck of a scouting job.
e16bball

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not upset per se about the draft, it just bothers me that I think it could have been an awesome draft for us. I would probably be with Sooted in that I would give it a rating of "average" or "ok."

I think Rogers will be very good, and I think Campbell has a lot of potential as well, but I still wonder about what could have been. If at 9 we had taken Mike Williams and at 25 we had taken Marlin Jackson, I think we would have had one of the highest rated drafts of the year. And I would have been ecstatic.
batteringram31

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The things that make the Skins drafts bad is that they never have enough picks. They didnt have al of their picks this year, they wont have a first next year and a few years ago they only had three picks. They are always going for vets via FA and need to get a stronger core of youth thru the draft.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batteringram31 wrote:
The things that make the Skins drafts bad is that they never have enough picks. They didnt have al of their picks this year, they wont have a first next year and a few years ago they only had three picks. They are always going for vets via FA and need to get a stronger core of youth thru the draft.

I guess my argument to that is that FAs are more predictable. We haven't had much good luck in the last few years though, so it's easy to pick on us for that.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem was Smoots departure made our first pick a need pick instead of taking the most talented player on the board. I can't stand going into the draft without ket picks, like trading away our second and third. Look at the Eagles , they went in with not a whole lot of needs and they had 13 picks to play with.

I am more unhappy with personnel and cap management than I am with the draft though. I think we grabbed some good guys on both days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: