Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marquise Hill; A Final Chapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jing

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Marquise Hill; A Final Chapter Reply with quote

I don't think I need to go into detail about what he did on or off the field because chances are you all are aware of this mans accomplishments. We all know how faith treated Mr. Hill and his family early Monday morning when the world experienced some of the same sorrow and grief the Hill family is going through during this time of pain. Due to the recent tragedy with New England Patriots Defensive End Marquise Hill, it has given me the privilege to look at myself and remember what I went through when a member of my family passed on. I can relate to this incident and so I am humble to present an article dedicated to this 24 year old role modle. Thank you.

selfish - adj; concerned chiefly or only with yourself.

What is selfish? It's so common in today’s world it blinds people from really understanding what it means. Spoiled? Maybe. Maybe where all just rotting figures spoiled with what’s given to us rather then what is truly deserved. Because people are crippled with selfish behavior not only do we lack in love but we also corrupt the definition of humanity. However, in some very special individuals, these words don't apply. To some individuals, others well-being is more important then there selves. Marquise Hill is an individual. And when we finally sit down and ask ourselves the same question. When we sit back and look from the outside in, you begin to wonder. Am I an individual?

benevolent - adj; generous in providing aid to others

Sometimes when something is so negative it hides what's good and things that once were common seem almost nonexistent and forgotten. Now, maybe I'm making this whole theory out to be more blown out of proportion then it honestly is, but does it really take a deathly suffering to make us realize what's wrong? Apparently the logic continues because this addiction to not-caring is just embarrassing for the whole human race. Marquise Hill is a hero in the sense that he died for what he wanted that wasn't putting himself first when awarded the opportunity. He's benevolent in every understanding of the word. He is his own and died for another. And God has awarded him with earning his way to heaven. God bless Marquise Hill. A true patriot.

Quote:
When that Post Season comes rolling around town, I can only invision the team quietly huddled up in emotional scilence paying respect and honor to the Heroic Hill. If there was any doubt about unity and the team as a whole then this should pepper down any question. This sacrafice so to speak, will make every game that much more lively and exuberant. This year isn't really about winning it all, more then it is defining ourselves as something else.

Rest In Peace #91

So, you my wonder, what exactly is the thought process of a Colts fan?

Last edited by jing on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
sox+pats#1

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats deep, Sad good post

Voldemort dares not speak Tom Brady's name.
Snoogans

Location: East Providence, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea great post man. Applause

^ Props To Lago Vista

Brady-16 Td's In 5/Manning-14 Td's In 5
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PatsPwn

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another great post

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely amazing post. You had me welling up a bit. RIP Marquise
jing

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for the guy. Jarvis Green and he were good friends, cleaning New Orleans together. I guess Marquise had recently had a house purchased down there that got ruined as well. The family had to flee to Alabama during the storm only to eventually lose their son to the aftermath. Even Romeo Crennel had a bit of a relation with him from his brief time knowing him. Thanks for the comments though. It was just something I felt I had to kind of get off my chest you know? Haha, thank you though.

EDIT: He also has a two year old son whose going to grow old without a father figure. Man...imagine, if you can, what it was like, suffering at the bottom of a rafting lake in your last few moments on Earth. It's something few know but can't share the feeling. That's hard.

Last edited by jing on Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice stuff. I wish this, as well as Patsfans post could get passed along to the family so they know people have their son in their thoughts.

Very nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is pathetic. Greedy family members are now stealing from their lost 'loved' one. Marquise just can't have a peacefully legacy. What a ashame...

Yahoo! wrote:
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The home of one of Marquise Hill's relatives was burglarized on the same day the late New England Patriots lineman was laid to rest.

Hill's family, friends and teammates gathered in New Orleans for his funeral Saturday, nearly a week after the NFL player and former LSU star drowned in a personal watercraft accident on Lake Pontchartrain.

New Orleans Police Lt. Bruce Adams said Tuesday that one of Hill's family members reported a burglary at a home in eastern New Orleans on Saturday. Adams couldn't identify the relative or say if the break-in occurred during the funeral.

Adams said investigators have identified a suspect in the break-in, but he declined to elaborate. "It's an open investigation," he said.

The 24-year-old Hill is survived by his mother, Sherry Hill, his fiancee Inell Benn, and his 2-year-old son Mashy.

Most of his Patriots teammates attended his wake last Friday night. Several stayed for his funeral the following day at a church in the city's Uptown neighborhood.

Hill helped relatives rebuild in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005. He was home for Memorial Day weekend when he and a woman friend went for a ride on a personal watercraft without life vests, and they fell into the water.

The woman survived, but Hill drowned in an area of swirling currents. The Orleans Parish coroner said Hill may have had a concussion that left him disoriented.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-hill-funeral&prov=ap&type=lgns

PatsPwn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is really messed up

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that this is messed up, but it wasn't a family member that was the thief, they were the victim of the robbery.
Snoogans

Location: East Providence, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i heard about it yesterday on tv. The theif has to know the family is tho to break in during the funeral.

^ Props To Lago Vista

Brady-16 Td's In 5/Manning-14 Td's In 5
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: