Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Grade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrod8484

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Draft Grade Reply with quote

I am going to give the Jets a solid B for this years draft. They addressed all of their needs and still got value at all of their picks. The only player I think they reached for was Pohua. But other than that, very nice draft.

Including Jolley in the Draft, we got him, Nugent, and Justin within the first two rounds. All of these players will have an immediate impact on next season. I also like the pickup of Kerry Rhodes. I dont know why they picked up another saftey after that.

We lost a lot of talent and key players in the offseason but the Jets did nice in attempt to replace and fill holes. Over the last two seasons, the Jets have put themselves in positions to contend for the East title every year.
NCAA BB: U of Arizona <Brandon Jennings '09>
NCAA FB: U of Arizona <Rob Gradkowski>
Chapstick437

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I would give us a B+. Getting Nugent and Miller in the second was very good. The DT was a reach, but he has the big body to be the run-stuffer that Robertson needs. We do seem to pick a lot of safties, though, so I don't know how well that will pan out since I would have liked us to pick up Shazor or Browner instead of one of those other safties. Never heard of that WR that we got in the 7th rd, but it was the 7th so oh well.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!
Transplanted Buckeye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: THe Best Kicker in years Reply with quote

I watched the Jets fans at the draft hanging their heads in disbelief at selecting Mike Nugent with their 2nd pick ( first overall). They should have been jumping for joy. He is nothing short of Mr. Automatic. When you need points to win, I'd take him over anybody. I watched him in several games, he doesn't get flustered, pressure doesn't phase him, and it's rarely he misses. I'm sure you fans will soon learn to shout Nuuuuuuuuuuu when he's kicking. A GREAT pick!
The Godfather

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Jets picking up Cedric Houston too... i think he will be a decent rb in the league in a few years
andrewside

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give the Jets a B. If the picked a tackle in the fifth round not a second safety this grade would be b+.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: