Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A tribute to a TRUE Hero
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: A tribute to a TRUE Hero Reply with quote

Today we all around the world, Pats fans, NFL fans, and everyone else around the world got the worst and most tragic news possible. Marquise Hill died today after his body was found in Lake Pontchartrain this afternoon after Hill was on a trip with a young girl. The two were on a jet ski when both fell into the water. The current was reported to be extremely strong and unfortunately the girl, who was kept calm by Hill, made it to the pylon where as Hill was not so lucky. The girl was rescued, but Hill was not and searchers found his body today.

Marquise was born on August 7th, 1982 in New Orleans, Louisiana. He attended De La Salle High School were he was a dominant football star. He was rated as the top DL in Louisiana by multiple scouts and magazines.
Hill went on to play at LSU were he had a very productive career. Marquise started 24 of his 38 career games at LSU and went on to record 117 tackles (67 solo), 10 sacks, 19 1/2 stops behind the line of scrimmage, 36 QB pressures, a fumble recovery, 2 forced fumbles, an INT, and 9 pass deflections. He had a major in general studies at LSU where he was a very smart and intelligent kid.

Marquise wasn't a huge impact for the Pats after being drafted in the late 2nd round by the Pats. Many may consider him a bust after he never really got a good shot at starting with us having Warren and Seymour. Hill at times was threatened about being cut, but never did. He was a talented kid who never really produced at the next level.

With that all said and done, outside of football, all Marquise Hill is and should be considered after this day is not a bust, but a TRUE HERO. Hill died today which is extremely sad, but he is a hero for saving the young girl that was with him on the jet ski. Hill outside of football was a great man. He contributed so much to Hurricane Katrina and was a HUGE part of the effort to rebuild New Orleans after that tragic day. What Marquise Hill should be considered by everyone is a true hero and a role model to all the young kids out there. The kid was only 24 years old and I can't imagine what his family must be feeling right now. All we can do as NFL fans is to come together and support the Patriot organization and friends and family members of Marquise Hill. I don't care one bit what Hill did on that field, what I will always know him for is what he did off-the-field. His help towards Hurricane Catrina and his help saving this young girl just truely defines a Hero.

I hope we can all look back and support a true hero's family and friends and the Patriot organization. We will miss you Marquise and all you have done towards the community and the Patriots as a player.

R.I.P. Marquise Hill

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked him, Always saw some potential even when playin madden

925 to 617 to 805

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

jing

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff. Marquise is somewhat of an icon to the New England fan base and should be to all those who are aspiring to become a good-natured football player. I had a particular liking for the man, honestly. I was always waiting for him to become a starter for the Pats up until mid-way through last season where I was overly impressed with Ty Warren. Now I'll be waiting for a blessing to bestow itself upon anyone who had an interaction or relationship with Mr. Hill. Good luck to the family, I can relate to what they must be going through...

Rest In Peace Marquise Hill

So, you my wonder, what exactly is the thought process of a Colts fan?
HOVA333

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
TheGreatOne7

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obv. i didn't know him, but everything i ever read or saw about him seemed to show he was a good man. he was hardly a man either agewise, 24...too young.

that is a respectable thing he did. sacrificing himself to save his friend. his family will feel the pain, but it'll be a little lighter knowing he was saving someone else's life.
Snoogans

Location: East Providence, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Post.

^ Props To Lago Vista

Brady-16 Td's In 5/Manning-14 Td's In 5
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the most beautiful thing that I have ever read. Great post.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
hrf0930

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Post. He did more in his short life than most do in their whole lives. R.I.P. Marquise Hill

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hero really does apply, anyone who would put another person before himself in a situation like that is really special.

FF Member #67
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. This is just an awful thing. He was just so young and he will definately be missed.
sox+pats#1

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a post

Voldemort dares not speak Tom Brady's name.
finn54

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great post. Hill is a great man

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a good post.......Such a tragedy. My condolences goes out to his family and the whole Patriots organization.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports today say that it was an accidental drowning. Hill may have suffered a mild concussion after falling from the jet ski.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: