Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins Fan with a Question......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGREED! so, u dont think this will happen though?
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean the 12th pick and our second round pick.
phicart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthPaw wrote:
I think the Bolts will trade their 2nd first round pick to move into the high 2nd round. That should get them a 3rd this year & a 2nd next year. here is how the draft would look in the first 3 rounds.

1. (12th overall) - Ahmad Brooks LB, Virgina
2a. (high pick) - Ernest Shazor SS, Michigan (move Kiel to FS)
2b. (low pick) - Chris Canty DE, Virginia
3. (high pick) - Chris Colmer OT, NC State

Close, but no cigar!

1. Braylon Edwards - need a speedburner WR and can get him at 12
2. Marlin Jackson CB Michigan (preferred) or Carlos Rogers - one of the two should be available late first round
3. I agree on Shazor - Can you imagine drafting two college All Americans that have already played together for several years and were both All Americans?
4. David Baas C/OG Michigan. May as well get all of their All Americans and SD needs depth in the middle of the O-line.
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, over the past couple weeks, has there been any new news about SD trading up with the Fins? I saw a website that said in terms of value, it would take the 12, 28, 2nd and 3rd round picks to get the #2. But I think it would take 12, 28, a third and a second next year for the Fins #2 and a 5th. Something like that! What do you guys think?
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all it would take is a 12th and 28th. If it took more the bolts would definately not trade up with the fins.
phicart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
I think all it would take is a 12th and 28th. If it took more the bolts would definately not trade up with the fins.

I don't see us trading any of our current picks to go higher. If we go higher, it will be with a QB trade. But, how high do we need to go and how high can we go? I feel we need defensive backfield help, a pass rusher and another WR threat not necessarily in that order. Obviously, if we do trade a QB, we will also need a replacement there. There are two impact WR's in the draft...Edwards and Williams. Consensus is Chicago will take one of them. Washington may or may not take the other. If we want one of them, we need to work a deal to get ahead of Washington. If we want to make sure we get Edwards, we do a deal with Cleveland. Other than those two, I don't see us sweating it. At 12 and 28, we can fill our needs at DB or DE with whomever is the best player available at the positions we need. We then grab that raw speed burner WR in the second round.
boltfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you already got Hudson Houck, what else do you want from us?
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LT and both of your firsts for maybe Seau? Thatís not fair! I guess maybe Seau and a 5th rounder!
phicart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigfuggah wrote:
LT and both of your firsts for maybe Seau? Thatís not fair! I guess maybe Seau and a 5th rounder!

Toss in Rickey Williams and Boston for that 5th and we'll talk...oops, nevermind, Rickey just took the 5th!
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOUNDS LIKE A DEAL! WE CAN ALSO GIVE YOU THOMAS/TAYLOR. ZACH'S SIS AND JASONS WIFE. SHES HOT SO U GET A FAIR DEAL
phicart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigfuggah wrote:
SOUNDS LIKE A DEAL! WE CAN ALSO GIVE YOU THOMAS/TAYLOR. ZACH'S SIS AND JASONS WIFE. SHES HOT SO U GET A FAIR DEAL

Hey, we'll take her, but are you sure? Sending a beautiful woman to Southern Cal is like sending a $100 bill to the bank. If you send her to Green Bay or Buffalo, you'll probably get a first round pick in return...sorta like sending that $100 to a homeless shelter!
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo is in the division. Green Bay or Minny sounds better!
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm another dolphin fan wonderin how bad San Diego needs a CB? Cuz Surtain is in the market and I know the fins would love to trade Surtain for SD's second 1st rounder.
What do ya think?
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would puke on the fins management if they get a sec. or third rd. pick for PAT Surtain. He is worth like a high first rounder and a 3rd rd pick. Will the fins get it? Hell no! But They better get good compensation!
mwn124

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: trade rumors Reply with quote

i heard this one today. Drew Brees and pick #12 to Miami for Patrick Surtain and the #2 pick. San Diego would turn around and trade the #2 pick to Oakland for their #7 pick and next years #1. Oakland would love to draft RB Cedric Benson. This would give the bolts Patrick Surtain, Mike Williams or Braylan Edwards, and a extra #1 pick for next year. They would still have a #1 and #2 pick this year plus all that cap money to address the defense. thats a lot of moves, but you just never know!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: