You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Defense Rests...... Freshness is key.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doomsday2005

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: The Defense Rests...... Freshness is key. Reply with quote

Okay.... We need to keep Glover and Ellis first off.

4-3 front four: Spears(or Ware)... Ferguson (or Carson)... Glover... Ellis
LBs : Burnett (or Ware or James)... Dat... Singleton (or Thorton)

3-4 front three: Spears... Ferguson... Ellis (or Canty or Glover)
LBs: Ware (or Thorton)... Burnett... Dat... James (or ROY WILLIAMS!!!)

Think about the CBs.... We can give breathers to our CBs in both schemes with the addition of Aaron Glenn.

IF GLOVER/ WARE/ CANTY/ ELLIS/ AND CARSON ARE STAYING FRESH THE WHOLE GAME WITH THIS HYBRID: THEN THEY WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE.... LESS LIKELY TO GET INJURED.... AND BAD [inappropriate/removed] IN THE FOURTH QUARTER.

THE KEY IS GETTING GLOVER LESS PLAYS. THIS WILL END UP BEING GREAT LATE IN THE GAME.

I just wish we could sign Brock Marrion and Az Hakim.... Two players we could use. But I'd take Glenn over both in a heartbeat. I'm so thrilled that we will now have depth at CB.

Doomsday2005.... it's becomming reality.....the pieces are in place.
sportsfantex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: good thoughts Reply with quote

good thougths dooms, that is a realistic plan for our d, youre right glover would be fresh and would be awesome in the 4th when the game is on the line. glenn will add depth and experience and leadership to our cbs and the whole secondary. i can see us going very far with our depth at d, i think we need to sign james butler and a lb and our d is set for the playoffs, i hope we find a speed wr who can contribute or Quincy Morgan has to step up and play football.

offense=B+
defense=A
specialteams=b+
coaching staff=b+
overall=A-
DatBoyRoy31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all the players we have..I definately agree not to trade anybody.

With all them players we can keep that D fresh and mix up the offense w/ all them players.
manster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the depth to be able to keep our players fresh is a good thing. However, we have enough players that can play more than one spot and either 3-4 or 4-3 that even if we keep the same players on the feild from one play to the next we can still change the defense on them even at the lasr second. This would cause the problems for the O-linemen and have them miss assignments. Which means even more big plays for us.
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but that doesn't add up to me.

A trade with Glover and Ellis(My favorite Cowboy player ever other than Emmitt)would give us much, much, much more than what they could contribute in a diminished role.

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3 Linebackers in the 4-3 will be between Ware Dat James and Burnett

Singleton doesn't have a shot to be a 1st stringer in the 4-3

And Burnett is going to play outside in the 3-4 with James in the inside.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: