Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bad draft?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aceyalone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Bad draft? Reply with quote

I mean i understand Darrent Williams in the 2nd round.. but i thought they should have taken Justin Miller (who was chosen by the Jets after Denver chose Williams.)

But choosing the more other 2 corners... i don't get it... they should address other issues....

*EDIT* AND OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE THAT DENVER CHOSE Maruice Clarrett, WOW I AM SO ANGRY... i CAN't BELIEVE IT.. DUMBEST CHOSE.. THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN CIATRICK FASON.. COME ON NOW.. SHANAHAN... jesus christ.

i Expect Shanahan to take Ciatrick Fason if he falls to the 5th round..but Denver should try and pick up a WR in the beginning picks of Day 2.

I personally would like the Denver to consider these players with their picks in day 2:
Ciatrick Fason Running Back
Fred Gibson Wide Reciever
Ernest Shazor Strong Safety
Gerald Sensabaugh Strong Safety
Matt Grootegood Linebacker
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SeanTaylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Clarett would be an excellent back he will rush for over 1000 yards and would be traded for somebody valuable just like when you traded portis to the skins
Good pick though!!
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTaylor wrote:
Maurice Clarett would be an excellent back he will rush for over 1000 yards and would be traded for somebody valuable just like when you traded portis to the skins
Good pick though!!

we could have had him in the 6th round!

what the fck are we gonna do with 3 fcking CB's??? i don't get it.

how much better would our draft board have looked with justin miller in the second, chris henry with no.1 in the third, and antaaj hawthorne and ernest shazor with those last 2 picks...

i couldn't be more disappointed
aceyalone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:

what the fck are we gonna do with 3 fcking CB's??? i don't get it.

how much better would our draft board have looked with justin miller in the second, chris henry with no.1 in the third, and antaaj hawthorne and ernest shazor with those last 2 picks...

i couldn't be more disappointed

I totally agree.. i am very pissed.. i thought Shanahan would do with some better picks.. i questioned the 3 corners.. but when he took Clarrett.. i just thought f*ck it, why the F*ck does he take Clarret when theres a more polished running back in Ciatrick Fason.. i mean we dont even need a running back with 3-4 guys at RB.. it was just tremendously stupid and i have lost lot of my respect to Shanahan.. this was one of the terrible drafts for the broncos... i just hope that Broncos take Fason somehow.. and cut Clarrett before he even makes the team during training camp.. come on now Shanahan... i hope that Shanahan isn't doing this to screw over Denver.. because he can tell that the window is closing for him in denver as the head coach.. god damn Shanahan.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope shanahan is shown the f*ckin door after this. what are we gonna do with 3 more motherf*cking CB's??? what about walls, middlebrooks, leseuer, shoate, alexander...all of them are young, and this draft guarantees that at least 2 of them will be shown the door, plus probably 1 of the picks from this year. we can't possibly use them all. not enough playing time for them all to develop, not even close to enough.

and why not jerome mathis with the last pick of the day? another speedster WR is just what our slow offense needs. again, here is my dream draftboard for how it all turned out:

1. Justin Miller
2. Chris Henry
3. Ernest Shazor, Sean Considine, Vincent Fuller, Donte f*cking Nicholson
4. Chris Canty, Jovan Haye, Antaaj Hawthorne

but no, we have nothing but genetic malfunctions running our draft room
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree that the clarett pick was dumb. if the broncos really wanted him they couldve gotten him with thier 6th rounder no problem. other than that this draft isnt all that bad, not great, but not bad. although williams has some charcter issues (as if miller doesnt) he is a better over all athlete than miller and is a playmaker. he is also pretty quick(4.3 forty) so he will probably be our return man next year. besides if denver has anything on D its leadership so i think hell do just fine. i really like the Karl Paymah pick. i think they will convert him to FS. he does have the measureables. 6-0", 204 lbs, ive seen his 40 time anywhere btwn 4.31 and 4.5 compare that to OJ Atogwe the second FS taken who is 5-11", 219lbs and runs a 4.62. sure he will be raw at the posistion but let him learn from lynch and he could make an impact in a year.(i know lynch is a SS but he can still teach the kid the overall posistion) Domonique foxworth. the guy can play but our DBs are now overloaded so i dont know what they were thinking personally would have went with elton brown. i kind of get the feeling that denver is preparing to make a deep playoff run this year and is setting everything up to win it all next year. any thoughts. as to all of this anti shanahan talk only 4 coaches have won a SB since he last did. does that mean that all of the other 28 teams should have gotten a new coach? name 1 available coach who is better than shannahan. these are just my opinions take em or leave em.
The_Jester

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that swearing!!! Golly gee, you guys sure are enraged. So enraged you can't even spell correctly!

Clarett would have been gone by Denver's sixth. We all know that. There were five or six teams who were looking at him, and they weren't all going to wait until the last round.

And if there's one thing Shanahan does right, it's pick running backs. And how many guys started for them last year? Three? Why do you think this years going to be any different? Bell hasn't proven anything yet. Last I heard Griffin can't hold on to the ball. Dayne is a chronic underachiever. So, we may be applauding this pick come December.

We may not be.
aceyalone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Jester wrote:
All that swearing!!! Golly gee, you guys sure are enraged. So enraged you can't even spell correctly!

Clarett would have been gone by Denver's sixth. We all know that. There were five or six teams who were looking at him, and they weren't all going to wait until the last round.

And if there's one thing Shanahan does right, it's pick running backs. And how many guys started for them last year? Three? Why do you think this years going to be any different? Bell hasn't proven anything yet. Last I heard Griffin can't hold on to the ball. Dayne is a chronic underachiever. So, we may be applauding this pick come December.

We may not be.

Well the best RB left during the 3rd round in my opinion was Ciatrick Fason.. While the Broncos were picking their 3rd cornerback from Maryland, i kept crossing my fingers thinking Fason.. but no.. so im like okay.. they have one more pick this day and i was really hoping for Fason or Shazor.. but they end up picking Clarrett.. i mean come on.... give me a F*cking break.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact is, we already have a ton of young CB's waiting for some playing time (shoate, leseuer, alexander) plus we have other young guys who may not have reached their full potential yet (middlebrooks, walls). there was no reason to reach for 3 CB's unless they were all 'OMG i can't believe he's still there' picks (like Justin f*cking Miller who we still passed on). we had other needs (S, WR, DL, QB) that we just left completely empty.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Denver has already contacted Brandon Browner. A CB from Oregon State who declared early and went undrafted.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we turn him into a safety, that would be awesome. he could be a real good safety imo
The_Jester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defensive backfield really is crowded. You gotta figure this is Middlebrooks' last chance. LeSeuer may move to FS. Is Shoate still there? I can't believe they'd sign any more FA DBs. But you never know. I like the Williams pick - they need a speedy guy who can cover slot receivers like Stokely.

As for Justin Miller - any kid stupid enough to get tossed in jail the week before the draft needs to be reconsidered. (Clarett's legal transgressions were a couple of years before the draft - I guess that's a little better.)
wangnoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:

No many teams were thinking about taking him early in 4, the media is making it seem like denver drafted a guy off of the street, and maybe the stuff MC had to indure will make him an incredibly hard worker. As far as the three corners. Denver addressed the issues at D-line and line backer. We have three great young wideouts and a solid veteran. we need to find that corner to play opposite champ. The small needs can be taken care of in free agency.

----------------------
BRONCOS BABY!!!!
The_Jester

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Chad Brown may sign, so there's an OLB, and Denver is watching for a FA veteran QB and WR. So, with the draft, that does about cover everything. I think.

Now we wait to see who makes the team.
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really looks like we are signing and drafting a lot of developmental guys this year. and with our 2 first rounders next year, we could add 2 playmakers right there. i'm almost starting to think that we aren't as concerned with this year as we are with the next few years after. if 2 or 3 guys from this year learn quickly and we draft well next year, we could be looking good for years to come.

and who knows, clarett and bell could become a great thunder and lightning combo...it could happen. i'm not as angry as i was on saturday night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: