You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Possibility

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTCowboysFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: A Possibility Reply with quote

If the Cowboys sign Aaron Glenn why not move Henry to safety. He has got the size and hands to do so. I think it would be a genius move that would simply make the Cowboys defense the best. Tell me your thoughts on this possibility?????

Julius is gonna go over 100 on thanksgiving...his favorite holiday.
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like it, we spent too much money on him to be gambling and risking like that.

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
Battlelordz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought the same actually, but I don't know.

1) Henry is our future at the position

2) Glenn has definitely lost a step and got burned of occasion last year, which is not like his old self.

3) I don't agree that he would make a lousy FS, because he's always shown a knack for tackling. 63 last year is not bad imo.

he could at least hold 'em up until Roy got there to.....

SMASH! Wink
CTCowboysFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a good point. We did spend a lot on Henry but think of the reward if it pans out. But then again this Bariault could be a steal.

Julius is gonna go over 100 on thanksgiving...his favorite holiday.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't give a 10 Million dollars signing bonus to a FS

If we were gonna do that we coulda signed Darren Sharper who would be better at the FS spot anyway.
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might be wrong but i am pretty sure that when anothny was a rookie he played FS and got his 10 picks at that positons
addy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcowboy31 wrote:
i might be wrong but i am pretty sure that when anothny was a rookie he played FS and got his 10 picks at that positons

No, he was a nickel corner.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

addy wrote:
Dcowboy31 wrote:

No, he was a nickel corner.

Yup

He's not gonna play FS, if we were planning on spending that much on an FS we woulda spent it on Darren Sharper, Henry is our CB.
2182 the future

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not too sure of glenns ability at corner he is old, but we should give it a shot.
think about this:beriault had at least 100 tackles all 4 years, and started in every game but 2. He could be the steal of the draft
Mikaveli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2182 the future wrote:
not too sure of glenns ability at corner he is old, but we should give it a shot.
think about this:beriault had at least 100 tackles all 4 years, and started in every game but 2. He could be the steal of the draft

i agree he could be a steal but i just read on nfl.com that we've decided not to sign brock marion (who i would like to see be a mentor for berriault) and are looking into signing glenn. if we do sign glenn i think it should be to use him at safety. supposedly we want youth at the position but glenn could be a big help this year.
CowboysFanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't pay a player 10 Mil signing bonus and 5 mil a year average to play FS. I think that would be a waste of money and roster spot. a FS ranks above kickers and FB in importance to a football team. good ones come cheap with a 2 or 3 mil signing bonus and average 2-3 mil a year and those our top FS.

once the front 7 can consistantly put pressure on a QB, play tough then FS spot can be manned by almost any player with a small bit of talent and a little bit of range. see the top 10 defenses from last year and year before and i bet you can't name the starting FS for each. but one thing you see in common is great front 7 play.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: