You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

All this trade talk is crap !!!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warren Cunningham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: All this trade talk is crap !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

why in the world is eveyone comming up with these crazy trades... this is not MADDEN u just cant trade for a player you want that easily,,, or get rid of a player for a high draft pick!!! a team has to be interested in trading before we trade. i know that the hot thing to talk about now is to trade either glover or ellis or both for WR rodgers..... now do u really think that will happen !!!!! NO. because the 1 thing that DET has is a DL...

and how do we know that Ellis or Glover wont fit in our new defense... they may become STUDS.. we never know until we give them a chance to atleast practice in the defense 1st before we go selling our best 2 DL's for 3rd or 4th round pics or for WR's that they are not going to trade anyway...

lets see what we have 1st fellas before we go giving people away!!!!!!

i would think that MW is more of trade bait than Rodgers because he is not signed yet and they just picked up TE Pollard from INDY who is going to hold down the middle of the field and is Faster than MW anyway!!!!!!!

it was 2 freak accidents with Rodgers he was never really hurt in college and that guy has the potential to be a monster WR in the league + that signing bonus aint small. funny thing is that they didnt draft MW to be a starter they drafted him to be the 3rd WR and maybe 4 some goal line packages... which Roy Williams is just as good as because he is 6-3 and has a monster verticle and great hands... + he is way faster...
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: All this trade talk is crap !!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Warren Cunningham wrote:
why in the world is eveyone comming up with these crazy trades... this is not MADDEN u just cant trade for a player you want that easily,,, or get rid of a player for a high draft pick!!! a team has to be interested in trading before we trade. i know that the hot thing to talk about now is to trade either glover or ellis or both for WR rodgers..... now do u really think that will happen !!!!! NO. because the 1 thing that DET has is a DL...

and how do we know that Ellis or Glover wont fit in our new defense... they may become STUDS.. we never know until we give them a chance to atleast practice in the defense 1st before we go selling our best 2 DL's for 3rd or 4th round pics or for WR's that they are not going to trade anyway...

lets see what we have 1st fellas before we go giving people away!!!!!!

i would think that MW is more of trade bait than Rodgers because he is not signed yet and they just picked up TE Pollard from INDY who is going to hold down the middle of the field and is Faster than MW anyway!!!!!!!

it was 2 freak accidents with Rodgers he was never really hurt in college and that guy has the potential to be a monster WR in the league + that signing bonus aint small. funny thing is that they didnt draft MW to be a starter they drafted him to be the 3rd WR and maybe 4 some goal line packages... which Roy Williams is just as good as because he is 6-3 and has a monster verticle and great hands... + he is way faster...

i agree there have been some dumb trades perposed.

if somehow we did get rodgers we wouldnt have to pay his signing bonus the lions are stuck with that

i also dont think the DET used the 10th overall pick to get a guy that is going to be a 3rd wr. Rodgers will be the thrid unless he gets traded becasue when i was in the MIRC chat someone brought up an artical that said rodgers can never fully recover fromhis injury because he has broken it twice
amaru0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, Rogers is completely recovered and has been participating in all offseason workouts at full strength. he's playing with a titanium plate over the collarbone to give it time to heal while he plays this season.
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:
No, Rogers is completely recovered and has been participating in all offseason workouts at full strength. he's playing with a titanium plate over the collarbone to give it time to heal while he plays this season.

when he is playing he is always going to need those plates and bolts it to risky for him to play with out becuase next time it happens it will be really serious
ktuck911

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amaru0 wrote:

I think if I were Detroit I might've done the same thing in the draft.. Think about it for a moment. Rogers and Williams or more of the same type of WRs. They both would seem to be more suited to stretching the field as opposed to being more of a posession type... Mike Williams was HUGE for their offense.. HUGE... PLUS, with that titanium rod in Rogers' shoulder who knows how long he's gonna hold up in this league... He could be one hit away from calling it a career. They all are, but this guy is a little bit closer with the gimpy shoulder(s)... He's already set for life anyways...If he's invested his money properly...
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me why, why do we need another thread on this topic. My gosh people, talk about something else.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: