Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders make no sense on Fist Day od Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakTown18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Raiders make no sense on Fist Day od Draft Reply with quote

Iam a die hard Raider fan! and iam behind Kerry Collins a 100 percent this year...but he is not the future... they had moved up to 23 right in front of the Pack where everyone knew they were taking Rodgers... so i thought they were going got pull the big surprise and select him... look this kid is the future of some team... and why not the raiders... iknow they need defense but this is a must for the future.. Considering they didnt take him... why would they move up and lose another pick ...no one from 23-26 were even looking at CB, it was obvious and right out in the open about GB and Rodgers, WAS and Campbell, and why would seattle trade out if they wanted washingotn ........... This made no sense to move up lose another 4th round pick and get the same guy you would at 26.... I was pretty excited when i believed they would select Rodgers this just made no sense tome...message back if im wrong
kjherrm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Rogers being the future I dont know about that. He has mechanic flaws and how many first round quarterbacks recently have been bust compared to the ones that make it. Walter will be fine
The Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am kind of confused by some of the first day picks. The Raiders would field a mean 4 by 100 relay, but whether or not they turn into good players will be seen. So enamored with forty time.
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prophet wrote:
I am kind of confused by some of the first day picks. The Raiders would field a mean 4 by 100 relay, but whether or not they turn into good players will be seen. So enamored with forty time.

Washington was atop 5 rated CB in this draft...He would have gone to NE Patriots for sure at the end of the 1st round, if not sooner than that. The market is hot for good CB's...did you see how many CB's went between round 1 and 4??
MNBuff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the 40-time deal; they got sprinters and not football players. Yes, they can pan out, but come on. I didn't think Washington was all that great -- he played on a Nebraska team that didn't face very many good QB's, and his highlights seemed to mostly be him recovering after getting TORCHED. I sure hope I'm wrong about him, as well as Routt.
As for Rodgers, I'm glad they didn't take him. He's more of a West Coast type QB, while Walters will be more of a let-r-fly QB. I say that was a good move. Best move had to be Hawthorne though. I'm sure hoping that he turns a mistake into motivation to prove teams wrong.
The Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was kind of funny that three guys on the Nebraska defense went early in the draft. Didn't they give up some sixty something points to pass happy Texas Tech. The two guys are fast, but need to be physical, which I have heard they are not. I would like to see a tough physical Raiders team as opposed to finesse. The Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Falcons, Chargers, etc. all have physical defenses and they are at the top. I think the Raiders should follow their lead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: