Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Outsider's view on Raiders draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idi Amin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:52 am    Post subject: Outsider's view on Raiders draft Reply with quote

ROUND 1
Fabian Washington CB

I don't like this pick....big Al trades up in front of teams like GB and WAS who were obviously going to take a QB? Washington wasn't too high on daft boards until he ran his 4.25 and then a CB on one of the nations worst pass defenses becomes a first rounder during a deep class at the position?!? I'm not sure about the pick

ROUND 2
Stanford Routt CB

Routt, with his height and blazing speed is the most physically gifted DB in this draft, but he is soft big time...we'll see if he's willing to support the run defense or not and could become a liability in a division that is all about running...What does this mean for Woodson???? My biggest problem with Washington and Routt as their 1-2 round picks is that aside from Detroit (Westbrook, Fair, Cash, Goodman), Oakland has a terrible recent track record of developing DBs...Woodson has not lived up to his abilities and Buchanon (who was a beast with 4TDs in 6 games pre-injury) has obviously not lived up to his abilities since returning from his injury..Asomugha...c'mon...My problem isn't so much Oakland taking two CBs, i don't mind that at all, what I mind is Oakland taking two raw, developmental CBs with their track record....perhaps Oakland would have been better off drafting two more-polished CBs....although if this works out it'll be HUGE - especially the 6'1'' Routt

ROUND 3
Andrew Walter QB
Kirk Morrison ILB

Wow, Walter was made to follow Collins' footsteps and to throw to Moss, Porter and Curry...he never should have slid this far once teams found out that his shoulder is okay...a four year starter who fits perfectly into Norv Turner's offense...Morrison, the anti-Al Davis player, a football player more than an athlete....the biggest weaklink on this team is either CB (obviously addressed) and LB, morrison should get plenty of PT sooner rather than later and have every opportunity to earn a starting job.

ROUND 6
Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wis.
Ryan Riddle DE Cal.
Pete McMahon OT Iowa

Now that is a great 6th round...a solid T who should've been a 3rd rounder, a massive DT who dropped 4 rounds for smoking weed while Castillo maintins for taking roids!?!? Hawthorne has gotta feel screwed on that one, but what a steal, he can rotate in with Sapp and Washington - how's that for plugging the run...and Riddle, the raiders taking a DL with a wonderlic of 33? somethings fishy or did someone else make the pick while Al was in the bathroom?

Overall, I'm so so on your draft...I love the 6th round and really like the 3rd, I'm just iffy on the 2 developmental CBs for the reasons previously stated...I guess Al Davis buys into the school of thought that in today's NFL you need quick, fast CBs to cover a lot of ground moreso than big, physical and/or blanket-cover guys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green bay wanted washington before oakland traded up, just so you know...
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCOHUSKERS wrote:
green bay wanted washington before oakland traded up, just so you know...

yep! the Raiders wanted to make sure they gopt washington. I like Washington.....the man has gone through plenty of adversity in his life so you know the boy is mentally tough. He will be the complete opposite of Toastime Buchanon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: