Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I feel bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNextStep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, I don't get too defensive that often but I have a tendency to respond to posts in the same tone with which they're authored. If somebody comes in talking trash, I'll take a few swings back... but if they're talking footbal, I'll do that instead. Personally, I prefer talking football.

Glad to know that even though we got off on the wrong foot, we can put that behind us and talk some football. By the way, I've been a huge Dat Nguyen fan since his days at Texas A&M.
wjb5020

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I wouldn't call Washington a disappointment. His job has always been to suck up blocks, not make tackles. He didn't record a single tackle in last year's super bowl, but he had a noticable impact on the game.

Sapp is in a decline, and yes, playing outside his position.
TheNextStep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that I'd say Washington is a bit of a disappointment is because I think that most fans' expectations were that he'd clog up the middle and our run defense would be markedly improved. Turns out, our run defense was NOT markedly improved and we got run over on a weekly basis. Like I said in a previous post, I think a lot of that had to do with the linebackers and maybe it isn't fair to pin all that on Washington... but, like I said, we expected him to clog the middle and eat up running backs. Instead, running backs ate up large chunks of yardage.

As for what you were saying about Gannon, I agree with you regarding the "noodle arm"/winning argument. I'll say plainly that I grew up watching the Raiders of the 70s and 80s so I have a natural preference for the power running/deep passing kind of offense... but I sure did like all of those games that Gannon won a hell of lot better than all those games that cannon-armed quarterbacks like Jeff George and Kerry Collins have lost.

Gannon will go down as the 4th best quarterback in Raider history, IMO, behind Stabler, LaMonica, and Plunkett... but, hell, that's a pretty damned good group to be mentioned with.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just think big ted is get'n old...u guys should find somebody to clog up the line "effectively"...that DT from alabama is big...

one of the great ones on this site
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wjb5020 wrote:
I'm a raider fan as well. NY resident though.

Kerry had a bad year, there's no escaping that. I'm not sure he's really the answer at QB either. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he had to learn a new offense before he was ready, and defenses geared for pass on every single play.

I just don't know if he has the intangibles of that Gannon had. Many raider fans have a distate for gannon because he's "noodle armed" but hey, he won.

Name me one Raider fan that i know who doesn't like Gannon??? whoever says that is an idiot........

i think us Raider fans need to worry about what they need to do to improve the team...instead of worrying about who is better....Testaverde or Collins.....who gives a crap about that.....!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: