You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I feel bad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTCowboysFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: I feel bad Reply with quote

There are no Raider fans.

Julius is gonna go over 100 on thanksgiving...his favorite holiday.
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure there must be one or two. Like Rich Gannon maybe...... (I said maybe)
2TP3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even people from Oakland hate the Raiders...Actually its probably more like they are scared to hear everybody talk s**t about the Raiders.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact - Warren Sapp's Oakland jersey was the No. 4 seller in the NFL this year.....and I haven't seen one person wearing one all year.
2TP3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mh wrote:
Fun fact - Warren Sapp's Oakland jersey was the No. 4 seller in the NFL this year.....and I haven't seen one person wearing one all year.

Thier embarrased to wear it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup....i wonder who the raiders will get in FA...[/quote]

one of the great ones on this site
TheNextStep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makaveli wrote:
yup....i wonder who the raiders will get in FA

Wasn't your team's last significant free agent signing a 58 year old quarterback who has had one really good year in his entire career?

Yeah... talk some trash... Rolling Eyes
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if u call a bad year 3500+ a bad year....also didnt have a running game for about half the year.....

TheNextStep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy threw more interceptions (20) than touchdowns (17). He also fumbled the ball 8 times, losing 4 of them. He was sacked 35 times. Yes, I'd call that a bad year.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off the rightside of the line is weak...thats why he was sacked so much...

second off..no running game so the opposing teams just sat back and played cover two....

and the fumbling comes from getting sacked...and what i said b4....the right side is weak....

but umm....who was your quarterback..... Laughing

TheNextStep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our quarterback was Kerry Collins.... and I don't know why you're trying run smack on that either. No, Collins was not the best quarterback in the leauge and, yes, most Raider fans stood up and screamed at their television sets a couple of times because of him... but... for as awful a year as he had, still threw more touchdowns (21) than interceptions (20). And you were quick to throw out "3500 yards isn't a bad season" but the fact remains that Testaverde had exactly 37 more yards passing than Collins had.

And, seriously, if you're going to throw out "no running game" in defense of Testaverde, how in the world are you going to crack on Kerry Collins... and Collins was still sacked 10 fewer times?

If you're going to defend what Testaverde did last year in one breath, you've got no room to criticize Kerry Collins with the next... They both had comparable years in terms of statistics... and both of them were bad, no matter how anybody tries to manipulate statistics to make an argument.
wjb5020

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a raider fan as well. NY resident though.

Kerry had a bad year, there's no escaping that. I'm not sure he's really the answer at QB either. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he had to learn a new offense before he was ready, and defenses geared for pass on every single play.

I just don't know if he has the intangibles of that Gannon had. Many raider fans have a distate for gannon because he's "noodle armed" but hey, he won.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who says i was talking smack Laughing....testaverde was sacked....u can thank the right side of the line for that.......

but truthfully....talking about washed up players....i could name a few...sapp...ted washington...rod woodson..charles woodson.....alot of mocks dont know who to pick for the raiders....cuz yall have SO many holes...dallas has the LB RCB and SS...actually come to think about our two draft picks on the rightside of the line were injured...so u can thank injuries for the rightside of the line which lead to alot of sacks and fumbles Cool

TheNextStep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makaveli wrote:
who says i was talking smack Laughing....testaverde was sacked....u can thank the right side of the line for that.......

but truthfully....talking about washed up players....i could name a few...sapp...ted washington...rod woodson..charles woodson.....alot of mocks dont know who to pick for the raiders....cuz yall have SO many holes...dallas has the LB RCB and SS...actually come to think about our two draft picks on the rightside of the line were injured...so u can thank injuries for the rightside of the line which lead to alot of sacks and fumbles Cool

First off, cross Rod Woodson off the list. He's so washed up that he's been working for the NFL network for the last year. He retired before the season started.

Secondly, Charles Woodson is getting older and his contract demands might force the Raiders to let him go... but the guy can flat play ball. Anyone who says differently hasn't watched the guy.

Third, both Sapp and Washington were disappointments last year, but I think Sapp moreso than Washington. If I wanted to make excuses, I'd mention that Sapp was being played at DE, rather than DT, his natural position. I won't throw that excuse out there, however, because he knew he was going to play there before the season started and he signed his contract. With Washington, we got what we expected out of him. He occupied two blockers at the line of scrimmage. The problem was that our linebackers stunk last year and in a 3-4 defense, that's not a good thing. Nap Harris got hurt. Travian Smith got hurt. Sam Williams got hurt. It got to the point where we were playing Tyler Brayton (a defensive end) at linebacker because we had nobody else to sub in.

As for your defense of Testaverde, I'm not buying it. Last year the Raiders lost OG Frank Middleton, OG Mo Collins, and OG Brad Badger to injury. They started two rookies on the line (both out of their natural positions)... and Collins (who is not a mobile quarterback) still had 10 fewer sacks.

Believe me, I know what you're saying about injuries and I don't discount them as a factor. The year prior to this one, an aging Rich Gannon sat behind a line that lost their starting RT, their starting RG, their starting C, their starting LG, their backup RG, and their backup LG. But that doesn't change the fact that Testeverde takes sacks. He does. This was the 7th time in his career that he's been sacked over 30 times in one season.

Fact is that Testaverde wasn't very good last year. And, hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Kerry Collins was any better. Like I said, they both had bad years.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanx for not getting offensive.....i didnt even know vinny got sacked 30+ in seven seasons.....im anxious to look at the FA and draft comin up

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: