Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Defense front 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armyscout

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Defense front 7 Reply with quote

Here's my line-up
LDE Grant
LDT Young
RDT Jefferson
RDE Howard

WLB Watson
MLB Fincher
SLB Allen

Top 10 run Defense
LSUSAINT

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Defense front 7 Reply with quote

Armyscout wrote:
Here's my line-up
LDE Grant
LDT Young
RDT Jefferson
RDE Howard

WLB Watson
MLB Fincher
SLB Allen

Top 10 run Defense

It's been stated that Fincher will compete for the WLB job and Watson will stay at MLB.
Armyscout

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think both could play inside or out. I think Watson has more ability at the corner and covering TE. I think Fincher is better at run stop and inside rushes. I will be happy either way.

Another option we now have is a temporary 3-4. Jefferson is a NT/DT and I think we have 2 great MLB's now. I don't think we can run it full time, but it could confuse the hell out of O-line block assignments. Especially at short yard/run situations. Fincher & Watson can plug the gaps, Howard & Grant taking the Tackles, with Smith and Allen moving to point of attack. I think that could shut down the inside run game.

players on the field:
basic 4-3
Grant, Jefferson, Howard, Smith
Fincher, Watson, Allen

Temp. 3-4
Grant, Jefferson, Howard
Smith, Fincher, Watson, Allen
bnthall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey scout,
I love that 3-4! It reminds you of the late '80s and early '90s team. However, this group will stop the run, but with a couple of the larger bodies I believe in the course of the game they'll be exposed by the pass.
Armyscout

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the pass, but there are few teams who have the pass D completely down. Teams get burned! Look what we did to the Raiders on the road. I still like our chances with Mckenzie/Brown and Smith/Bellamy. This could be a great secondary. My concern is still on the run stop. I am hoping for the best.

What I am excited about is that we HAD the worst run defense and worst overall defense and now it looks like we have a decent defense.
The domino effect will happen. One or two shorter d-stances and one or two less scores each game, means our defense falls in the middle somewhere between 10-20. What that gives us is more shots at offense.
which should increase our scoring chances. Add on that we are going with more running it will give our Defense more time resting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: