Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboy fan says your draft sucks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Cowboy fan says your draft sucks! Reply with quote

I was wanting the Eagles to trade up with some of there picks the players in rounds 2-4 will just as good as the ones picked in the middle to late of the first round. Instead you kept all of your picks and improved your team. If you can get the TO problem solved you will have a much better team than the last year. What made the draft even worse was that alot of the player you got I wanted Dallas to get. Brown, Moats, Considine and Herremans. I would wish you good luck next year but you will not need it. One last than trade F. Mitchell to the Deadskins they need each other.
sixers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: draft and freddie Reply with quote

I believe that the eagles did not have a good draft. I think peterson is too small, brown was not the best of the georgia receivers, what about that stupid trade down with SF and why that slow free safety?

Now Dallas used their two number ones in a great manner. They got some good players

Although freddie has a big mouth, he certainly did well against Atlanta. Remember 2 touchdowns!!

Well, we will see!
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it was 2 touchdowns against minnesota for freddie, and second, never question andy reid. He knows what hes doing and he thinks, along with every expert, that the eagles had a really good draft, so thats good enough for me.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
hype4bid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys had 2 picks in the 1st round, why shouldnít they have a good draft. Definitely good pick ups for their Defense. I rather have Meriman then Ware, but Spears is a solid starter for years to come. I donít know much about the players the birds drafted. I thought they were going to grab Shaun Cody instead of Patterson, oh well. If Matt Jones fell to the 31st pick, I think they would grab him there and possibly grab Patterson with ours first 2nd round pick.

I know Hawthrone has issues with the whole Mary Jane thing, but he would been a steal with our 5th round compensatory pick. Canít wait to see the rookies in action
wynalda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: draft and freddie Reply with quote

sixers wrote:
I believe that the eagles did not have a good draft. I think peterson is too small, brown was not the best of the georgia receivers, what about that stupid trade down with SF and why that slow free safety?

Now Dallas used their two number ones in a great manner. They got some good players

Although freddie has a big mouth, he certainly did well against Atlanta. Remember 2 touchdowns!!

Well, we will see!

you sounded almost sane up until your came out for freddie.
BigD4Life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Eagles Picks Reply with quote

I'm a Dallas fan through and through, so the whole time I write this I'm swallowing my pride and looking at it from an outsiders standpoint. I don't know if the Eagles had the best draft this year, but they have proven that the players they pick fit their scheme beautifully. Shaun Cody was the more publicized DT's from USC, but I think Mike Patterson is going to have a better career. Cody is a DT/DE "tweener" who would have been better of going to a team that employs a 3-4 scheme, but instead will be used as either an undersized DT, or a "slow" DE. Mike Patterson is much shorter than Cody, about 4 inches, but he is almost the same weight, which means he will have an extremely low center of gravity, and will have an unbelievable advantage when it comes to leverage over bigger O-Lineman. Reggie Brown may not have been the Bulldog who got the most yards during his years at georgia, but he is exactly what the Eagles needed. He is an extremely fast receiver who will stretch the field and give T.O. much more room to dominate across the middle. I don't know much about "Herrimans"??? the guy from Saginaw Valley State, so I can't really comment on him too much, but if they traded up to get him, I would assume he's gonna be a guy who surprises a lot of people. Consadine is a guy that will probably end up being a real good pick for them, but I don't know his true position. He doesn't have blazing speed, and isn't exactly a real ballhawk, but in that talented secondary he may not have to do all that much. Also, he will be playing behind Brian Dawkins and Michael Lewis, so he has a couple years to learn the nuances of the position and develop his game the way the Eagles need him to.

Whoo...as a Dallas fan that was pretty hard. But now back to being the "annoying Cowboy fan" we are all portrayed as being...THE COWBOYS STILL HAD A BETTER DRAFT!!!
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
First, it was 2 touchdowns against minnesota for freddie, and second, never question andy reid. He knows what hes doing and he thinks, along with every expert, that the eagles had a really good draft, so thats good enough for me.

Yeah that trade you made with the Ravens last year looks awesome now!!!!!!!!
bullitt

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considine was the eagles best pick. he's not a great athlete but a great football player. iowa produces a lot though guys, he is one of them.
he will be an imediate impact on special teams. i like this guy
i don't like moats.
mccoy was a good pick.
about the others i can't say much. but if you look at what reid has done the last few years i think you have to belive in his picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: