Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

# 10 pick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotsauce3922

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: # 10 pick Reply with quote

What can the Lions do with the #10 pick? Including trading down, this is what I would like to see:
Davis,S, Ga(if we dont sign Darius)
Rolle,CB,Miami
Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
Pollack, DE, Ga
Travis Johnson, DT, Fla St. ( if we trade down, may even drop to rd 2)
Jammal Brown, OT, Ok(trade down couple spots)
Ahmad Brooks, LB, Va( dont know if he's coming out, but he's a stud)

And if Derrick Johnson is there, which he wont be, that would be a good option. I really think that signing Donovan Darius would help the draft options.
Dlions80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Davis @ #10 , but what if we traded down(I know it's hard to speculate on trades) and take Marlin Jackson to play safety. With his versatility of also playing corner it could give us some flexibility in case of injuries. Maybe pick up an extra 2nd rd pick & take Bass-OL & Kevin Burnett-LB or Jamal Brimmer-S. I wouldn't mind ending up with Jackson, Bass & Brimmer. Our safety problem would be solved, & OG! Also I would like to see the Lions take Mike Nugent-K, Ohio St. in the 5th rd. Cause Hanson is getting old & he is not as reliable as he once was. Nugent can kick the crap out of the ball! Another possibility if we trade down is LB-Channing Crowder. Very talented! If we stay @ 10, I like Ahmad Brooks, DL or OT, take your pick.
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way do you trade num 10 pick this year...lions aren't good enough to not get a stud this year.

brooks is going back to school
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think # 10 may be a bit high for Davis but I think the Lions should still pick him there. Davis may not be Ed Reed, Roy Williams or Sean Taylor but he is comparible. Drafting Davis and starting him along with Terrence Holt plus the return of Boss Bailey IMO could make this a top 10 D.
thehippo73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Lions should go after a DE with the 10th pick or trade down and still go after a DE. This draft is loaded with them and they are all pretty much equal so trading down wouldn't be a bad option.
tdog2k6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugent will be gone late 2nd early 3rd no way we get him in the 5th but i would love to have that guy. He is THE MAN
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions are drafting 10th and it will be the last time in the top 10 for awhile they are improving and have a ton of young talent.

Trade up no there is no reason, Trade down for extra 2nd maybe but only if they are targeting one postion and thats TE in 1st round.

Finishing the offense should be the plan, I would trade down secure a 2nd round pick to get a guard and Saftey in the 2nd.

Hes going to go anywhere after 15th pick!
Heath Miller TE is a player who can work the deep middle and give Detroit a solid core of wrs with Williams and Rogers if hes healthy.

If they stay at 10th pick I would jump at B Edwards if hes there having 2 healthy wrs is a need and having 3 great ones would be awsome force to deal with when playing Detroit if both stud wrs are gone then I would draft CB A Rolle or M Jackson because you always need 3 good coners and Detroit cant seem to keep 2 healthy ones on the field!

2nd round I would Draft BAas Guard/Center or Shazer SS you dont need Saftey in first round there are no Sean Taylors and Detroit DL is one of the best right now we have other needs.

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
hotsauce3922

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wont need to draft a safety if Millen signs Darius.

That's not a bad idea, as long as you get an extra pick. You could get someone like Andre Maddox in rd 2.
Mutant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trully believe that some players, including Mike Williams and Thomas Davis, are being drafted higher in mock drafts, then they will be come draft day. Mike Williams never really had an off the field problem, but he has been away from the game and he probably is not conditioning like he should. I feel his stock will drop after the combine along with Thomas Davis, who is no where near as fast as Sean Taylor. With that said, I also believe that the Lions will try and trade down come draft day. I would be really happy if the team was the Chargers, Eagles, or the Packers.

In order for the Chargers to trade up Mike Williams would probably need to be undrafted still and the Chargers would need to think that the Cowboys could be wanting to draft him. They would trade up to complete there trio, whether it includes Rivers or Bress is still unkown. I do not think there is a chance of them giving up both their first round picks just to move up two spots, but they may be willing to if we include our second round pick as well.

In order for the Eagles to trade up probably one of the two top recievers, Williams or Edwards, would have to be there. I think that the Eagles will learn that they need a backup plan in case of TO ever going down again. We would then trade our first and third round picks for the Eagles first and there two second round picks. We could end up trading the two lower second round picks to get back up into the first round.

In order for the Packers to trade up one of the top three quarterbacks will have to be there, if Leinart comes out. I know everyone says that Green Bay will never draft a quarterback, but I think if they do then Brett will play better and not throw as many interceptions. He will step up like Brees did this year(yes I know it is Brett Farve and he does not need to prove himself, but he needs to play smarter). The Lions would trade our first and third round picks for the Packers first and two second round picks.

There could also be a possibilty of us trading down with New Orleans, but Derrick Johnson would have to be there and I do not think he will last that long.
Mutant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

Sorry, I spelled Brees wrong.
hotsauce3922

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: dlions Reply with quote

I agree with you Dlions80. I would take Brooks in the first round too, but he's staying in school.
I think that we will either trade down like 5 picks to pick up another rd 2, or get Rodrique Wright. This guy teamed with Rogers will be amazing. We can get Baas if he's there and then like you said Brimmer.
USNinc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S is a need regardless if we sign Darius or not. Marion is collecting social security checks with his Lions pay checks. Both of the Walker sisters are damn near dead. This S unit combined has outlived Milton Burl by 6 centuries.

T. Holt isn't starting material. Sounds nice to think he could become what his brother is but the guy just isn't ready yet.

We need to draft 2 S this year or a CB/S combo if we don't land someone via FA.
We need a total change back there to get ready for the shift over of the Walkers and Marion to leave.
KJonesISsweet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: i dont understand... Reply with quote

do u guys think that if Antrell (sp) Rolle or Derrick Johsno is still available u wont take them? i would take any of those to in a heart beat.... Rolle would be perfect... 2 shutdowns and a coverage... Bryant is always gettting injured and had a bad year last year... seems to me that whenever a good player comes from another team, they always get injured with the lions

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37573

DE IS NOT A LIONS NEED
[ img]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1923/marcusvick5jp.png[/img]
USNinc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We signed Bryant to a 5 year deal so I doubt that we would draft Rolle and allow Bryant to walk.
Rolle MIGHT have the skills to play S if he was willing. I think he's a better CB but maybe being back might give him a better shot at the ball.

We need a Ed Reed type playmaker.
Dlions80

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we drafted Rolle, could they move Fernando Bryant to FS? I like Rolle as a player but not as a fit in Detroit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: