Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alexander for Westbrook???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Alexander for Westbrook??? Reply with quote

It makes me wonder why the Eagles selected a RB who is exactly the same as Westbrook then it came to my attention that we could be looking to trade for Alexander or even Edgerrin James and have our draftee (Ryan Moats) as the player that Westbrook was when he left and still have a great runner in Alexander.

Im not totally sure if the Seahawks can sign their draft picks and Alexander's tender so i think it would be wise if the Seahawks acquired a great receiving back who can carry it up to 20 times a game who is far cheaper then Alexander will be.Basically the Seahawks need another back in there system who isnt as expensive as Alexander. The Eagles just drafted their third down runner in Ryan Moats and now would be very smart to add a back who can carry it 30+ times a game and to close out games with the hard yards.

Maurice Morris would be able to switch it up with Westbrook in Seattle and Westbrook has the hands that Hasselbeck will be loving as his WR cant seem to catch anything.

The Eagles are like only one of 10 teams that could accomodate Alexander's cap number and i think it would be a very smart move by both teams as they may loose both players next year and not get any compensation for either.

Alexander creates the every down back who can close out games for the Eagles.
Westbrook adds a shifty back with great hands and can compliment the other RB's in Seattle.

Great trade for both teams. What do you guys think here? would you be happy if Westbrook was your starter or would you ask for more if you traded Alexander? You were only asking for a second rounder for him so i think it would be a decent trade straight up player player. Maybe a late rounder in next years draft could be thrown in by the Eagles?
PhillyFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no comments on this???
hawkfan68

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great thought but realistically I don't see it happening. At least not this year. Philly looks to be interested in Henry. Henry is a lot cheaper than Alexander. Although, it'd be nice to have Westbrook (I think he's way underrated), I of the opinion everything they do now is pickup additions on the defense side.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh i would absolutely LOVE THIS TRADE!!! westbrook is underrated and would be a guy that would fit perfect in this offense considering we dont run the ball as much as some rbs like...we need that rb threat out of the backfield though to catch the ball...i brougth this trade up a while back and eagles fans didnt like it...oh what i would do...wed have a better fit rb for our offense, wed have a crap load more cap room, and shaun has outlonged his welcome here...this would be wonderful for both teams i think
LION KING

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt trade Alexander hes a top 3 running back hes a 1500 runner, how in the heck can everyone in seatle like this trade or even consider it I mean look Westbrook is injury prone and hes not a great runner, as it is your wrs cant hang onto the ball at least you have SHawn to run with it.

Makes no sense to me keep SHawn hes a STAR~

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lion king...shaun is overrated! hes scared of contact and his numbers are so good cuz of our o-line...thats why...its not him...i go to every single game and he is good but not great
jer gibbons

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be hard to see the hawks trading him to a perennial powerhouse and also in the nfc. westbrook won't stay around. reid is a pimp in my book. you want more money, see ya. hold out? see ya. corey simon wants more money, in comes patterson.
keyshawn is god

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that would be a great trade for the Eagles but n ot so good for the Hawks.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westbrook isn't even close to Alexander. Good Lord, Shaun's a workhorse and can do it all.

This trade would never happen.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ya right...im a hawk fan and shaun most definitely can NOT do it all...all he can do is run. forget catching out of the backfield and for sure forget blocking for your QB...shaun is a pansy who is scared of contact...
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander's sure solid in Madden 2005(lol)!!!
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha u are right there...it annoys me too because i wish he played like that in real life. if he did, hed be 2000+ yards a year.
STILLERS 4 LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah so you can have two people eventually on holdouts, both Alexander and Owens. Rolling Eyes No, but i would much rather have Alexander than Westbrook.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while the eagles would be getting the better of the trade, look at it this way, if the hawks arent goint to resign alexandr, why not get some compensation for him. some is better than none, right

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, BUT the one thing the seahawks did this offseason was cut all head cases. there i no way ruskell would ever let TO come here...never...but personally, id be okay with it...lol...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: