Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pretty solid draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aheineken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Pretty solid draft Reply with quote

I'd say Martz and company did an excellent job addressing needs. Here's what I think of all of the picks.

1 19 (19) Alex Barron OT Florida State I absolutely love this pick. This guy is physically better than Orlando Pace. He's got great feet and long arms. They question his intensity, but he loves to pass block, and I think playing with one of the greats in the game will help him with his intensity problem.
2 18 (50) Ronald Bartell Jr. CB Howard - I didn't like this pick at first with Justin Miller still on the board, but then I started to think about it. This kid is 4 inches taller, 25lbs heavier, and .09 seconds faster in the 40 than Justin Miller. I think the Rams coaches feel they have enough underachieving, undersized CBs who don't tackle on the roster, so they went a different route and got a big kid that can tackle and cover. I think the fact that Bartell scored a 35 on the Wonderlic and Justin Miller just got arrested made this pick easier.
3 2 (66) Oshiomogho "O.J." Atogwe S Stanford - Another pick I love. He's the most solid FS in the draft. Not spectacular in pass coverage like Pool and Bullocks, but good enough, and he's in run support and tackling than those two. He'll start right away.
3 17 (81) Richie Incognito C/G Nebraska Another guy I like alot, and I think he'll compete for playing time this year. He's mean(Kyle Turley like)...we need that on the O-line. If it weren't for him missing a year and his behavior problems, he'd be a first round pick. Apparently the coaches met with him several times, and think his behavior won't be a problem...great value if you ask me.
4 16 (117) Jerome Carter SS Florida State - One of my favorite SS prospects. He was a pure leader at FSU in a star studded defense. He was voted team captain over McFadden and Johnson. He's good enough to play some right away if Archuleta gets hurt again.
4 33 (134) Claude Terrell G New Mexico - I don't know much about him. I hear he's got great upside, and will be a good project. Another good move to add depth to the OL.
5 19 (144) Jerome Collins TE Notre Dame - I was worried when I first looked him. He never started at Notre Dame and caught a total of 6 passes his whole career. But he was a special teams stud. He's 6'4" close to 270lbs, and runs a 4.65, so the upside is there. His speed allowed him to be a very dominant gunner for the Irish on special teams; I think that's why Martz got him.
6 18 (192) Dante Ridgeway WR Ball State A top 3 finalist for the Bilitnekoff award. He's not big or all that fast, but you can't argue with production. I don't know why Martz got another WR, and I think a faster guy with good return skills would have been a better pick. He'll probably spend a few seasons in NFL Europe to help him further develop.
6 36 (210) Reggie Hodges P Ball State - I hear he's got an incredible leg, and good accuracy. Haven't heard much else. We needed a punter and we got one.
7 36 (250) Ryan Fitzpatrick QB Harvard - I was hoping he would be one of our final picks. Whoever didn't pick him will be sorry. This kid is not smart...he's brilliant (perfect Wonderlic score). He's got a solid arm, good accuracy, and most of all he's a winner. He'll digest our playbook in a week, guaranteed. I think he's got a shot at beating out Smoker for the #2 spot based on his intelligence alone.
7 37 (251) Madison Hedgecock FB North Carolina - Supposedly he is a great run blocker, which our RBs will love. He's got descent speed, 4.7ish, and average hands. He also played some
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
Akron Zips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: