Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How'd you rate our draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How'd you rate our draft?
A
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
B
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
C
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
D
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
F
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Reply with quote

BaBoyz22 wrote:

1. If you took Mike Williams you would have an absolute phenom in the redzone and as a possesion receiver at 6ft 5. you solve your receiving woes.

And trust me, when he was there at 9 I was thinking the exact same thing, and it still stings that they didn't take him. But, WRs usually don't flourish right away, and Gibbs says he's happy with the WRs we have now. We have a big guy, Darnerian McCants, that hopefully will be used more in the red zone and as a posession receiver this season. If you look at the guys that we have now, it looks a lot like the guys we had back during Gibbs first go around. One more thing, CBs drafted this high have a much much lower bust rate than WRs drafted this high.
BaBoyz22 wrote:
2. Go after a good corner at 25 sure they may rate lower than Rogers, but you have one of the top D coordinators in the game to make him better. (Secondary woes solved)

Again, that was my thinking when Williams was there at 9. Rogers is way better than those other guys though, so I'm very happy to have him. Rogers should be better than Smoot, and our defense should be even better this season.
BaBoyz22 wrote:
3. You let Ramsey have the team this year, give hime a chance, ( And I mean give him a chance, not the good ole (Fun-nGun) give hime MW, as a possesion receiver and Moss to be a deep threat, and Cooly at H-Back. then give him a solid healthy O-line and Portis.) Now if he don't succeed granted he should be running a mini storage next year, but you wouldn't have done any better this year with the rookie. ( Ramsey was and still is being treated like trash by the Skins and nobody has ever said why.

Ramsey does have the team this year, probably next year too. The reason they wanted Campbell was because he's a solid pocket QB, but he's also very mobile. Why do you think Gibbs wanted Brunell? Pat isn't mobile at all. Gibbs believes that a QB has to have mobility. Gibbs wouldn't treat anyone like trash either. That's not his way. It's been reported that he was upfront with Ramsey about the Campbell before the draft.
BaBoyz22 wrote:
4. Now lets say Ramsey does get his shot and does suck and is managing a Storage USA next season, you would have had a shot at alot better rated QB's than Campbell, (Linart, Evans, and Little Vick just to name a few.)
I don't think any team goes in to a season or a draft with the thought of who they can draft the following year based on who they're picking in the current year. That would be stupid, for lack of a better term.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: