Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How'd you rate our draft?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How'd you rate our draft?
A
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
B
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
C
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
D
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
F
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 28

Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: How'd you rate our draft? Reply with quote

I'd give it a c we made some smart picks and some very questionable ones, but i think we're in good shape next year.
taylor36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give it a B, because, despite the deception of the fans when the skins decided to pass on Mike williams and to select Carlos Rogers, I think that our first rounders are solid picks. Rogers is an upgrade to Smoot. We have a better backfield with Rogers than with Smoot. Campbell is also a great pick. He will push Ramsey whose competitiveness will make him better. He is also a solution if Ramsey could not play to a higher level and if Ramsey gets hurt. After reading an article on redskins.com, I have changed my position on Manuel White. He will be excellent in the Skins' system. Robert McCune is the greatest surprise of the weekend. He is a warrior. He is a Redskin. He will make the departure of Pierce much easier to accept. My only problems are the two last picks. I suppose and hope that Gibbs knows what he is doing, because I would have liked to see Jovan Haye selected by the Skins in the 6th and Brandon Browner or Ben Wilkerson in the 7th. We had a good draft, not amazing. I don't consider the Skins as having any hole in the depth chart.
SilverStar

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave you guys an A cuz it was great for the cowboys, lol.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: How'd you rate our draft? Reply with quote

Taylor-36 Portis-26 wrote:
I'd give it a c we made some smart picks and some very questionable ones, but i think we're in good shape next year.

Normally I wouldnt do this for a Redskin fan, but because you showed some class while others in our respective forums were being jerks, I wanted to show you this article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3566524

Here, the skins are included with the top 4 winners in the draft.
Taylor-36 Portis-26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How'd you rate our draft? Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Taylor-36 Portis-26 wrote:

Normally I wouldnt do this for a Redskin fan, but because you showed some class while others in our respective forums were being jerks, I wanted to show you this article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3566524

Here, the skins are included with the top 4 winners in the draft.

thanks, for the link and the compliment, i don't know how much i trust Foxsports after seeing their predraft stuff but it seems as if we're getting higher grades than i thought from some websites.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote yesterday was a C, but it's probably better than that. I was still pissed about passing on Williams and taking Campbell. Our defense will probably be even better this year and Manuel White should be a big help in goal ine situations either carrying the ball or as a lead blocker.
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

Never better than a C, you passed on possibly the best WR available and on filling a huge hole at WR. you could have grabbed him at 9 and a solid cover corner at 25 to fill the shoes of a great corner you dropped in Smoot. But for the Boyz, Philly and G-Men we all give it an A++
taylor #36

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is a cowboy fan going to come into our board, go back to your own gay board
sootedpair

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylor #36 wrote:

Be nice, intelligence isn't evenly distributed.
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sootedpair wrote:
taylor #36 wrote:

Be nice, intelligence isn't evenly distributed.

Laughing
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Mock Reply with quote

taylor #36 wrote:

Ouch!! (Gay Board) Whats up with that rook? I gave my opinion thats what was asked, read the thread. If you can't handle my opinion look up some of the grades the pros gave you. I just spelled it out. You choked when you let MW walk for a corner with the same stock you could have gotten at 25. But then again like your boy says ( Intellegence isn't evenly distributed!) C-ya By the way stop on by the Boyz board sometime rook.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Reply with quote

BaBoyz22 wrote:
taylor #36 wrote:

Ouch!! (Gay Board) Whats up with that rook? I gave my opinion thats what was asked, read the thread. If you can't handle my opinion look up some of the grades the pros gave you. I just spelled it out. You choked when you let MW walk for a corner with the same stock you could have gotten at 25. But then again like your boy says ( Intellegence isn't evenly distributed!) C-ya By the way stop on by the Boyz board sometime rook.

Not that I support the "gay board" remark, but "the pros" as you call them always say that you shouldn't grade a draft until a couple years after the draft.

Obviously the biggest knock against our draft was the trade with Denver, which will take at least three years to judge if it was worth it. I've seen mostly kudos for the Rogers pick and also kudos for passing on Williams. If you're going to take the side of "the pros", then you should give us those same kudos.
inkwell

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the skins have actually done VERY well with their personnel selections once it came down to actually making the picks. The problem is with overall strategy and execution. Last year they had three picks I think? Next year they will be short again. I give them a B+ for who they took and where they took them but you have to down grade them by at LEAST one letter grade for the bad moves surrounding the draft IMO
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkwell wrote:
I think the skins have actually done VERY well with their personnel selections once it came down to actually making the picks. The problem is with overall strategy and execution. Last year they had three picks I think? Next year they will be short again. I give them a B+ for who they took and where they took them but you have to down grade them by at LEAST one letter grade for the bad moves surrounding the draft IMO

They had 4 picks last year. Taylor, Cooley and two O-linemen.

I totally agree about the player selection. I think if Campbell turns out to be the QB that Gibbs thinks he will be, and can get the Skins back to the Super Bowl (or even deep in the playoffs), everyone will forget about what they gave up to get him.
BaBoyz22

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Mock Reply with quote

sootedpair wrote:
BaBoyz22 wrote:
taylor #36 wrote:

Not that I support the "gay board" remark, but "the pros" as you call them always say that you shouldn't grade a draft until a couple years after the draft.

Again this is my opinion, I live in Northern Va. I do know what most of the Pros are saying about the draft grade, "But" as you said it will take 3 years to tell, but again you needed a #1 receiver and he was there and you let him go. Then you take Rogers, who you are correct is a supposed good corner, but then again I just cannot see the logic for these reasons.

1. If you took Mike Williams you would have an absolute phenom in the redzone and as a possesion receiver at 6ft 5. you solve your receiving woes.
2. Go after a good corner at 25 sure they may rate lower than Rogers, but you have one of the top D coordinators in the game to make him better. (Secondary woes solved)
3. You let Ramsey have the team this year, give hime a chance, ( And I mean give him a chance, not the good ole (Fun-nGun) give hime MW, as a possesion receiver and Moss to be a deep threat, and Cooly at H-Back. then give him a solid healthy O-line and Portis.) Now if he don't succeed granted he should be running a mini storage next year, but you wouldn't have done any better this year with the rookie. ( Ramsey was and still is being treated like trash by the Skins and nobody has ever said why.
4. Now lets say Ramsey does get his shot and does suck and is managing a Storage USA next season, you would have had a shot at alot better rated QB's than Campbell, (Linart, Evans, and Little Vick just to name a few.)

Again my opinion I do respect Ramsey maybe due to the beating Spurrior put him through, but the SOB always got up till the broke his foot.

As for the rookie I thought the gay board comment just went to show how inexperienced he was in posting on threads, but its all good sootedpair.

Obviously the biggest knock against our draft was the trade with Denver, which will take at least three years to judge if it was worth it. I've seen mostly kudos for the Rogers pick and also kudos for passing on Williams. If you're going to take the side of "the pros", then you should give us those same kudos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: