You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seven round mock with some serious trading!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andre80j

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Seven round mock with some serious trading!!!! Reply with quote

I was laying in bed trying to sleep but was thinking up of possible draft day ideas.

This is based off Jamall Anderson not falling to 15. If Anderson is at 15, then null and void all these trades and DRAFT HIM!

Steelers trade 1.15 to Dallas for Dallas' 1.22 & 4.22 (#122).
[Allows Dallas choice of Meacham, Ginn Jr., Bowe, etc.]

Steelers trade Faneca, pick 4.20 (#119), pick 4.23 (#122) to Arizona for 2.6 (#38}.
[Allows us to get something for Faneca rather than losing him via free agency. ~may be a little much or not enough including the 4th rounders~]

Now the mock:

1.22 - Ben Grubbs OG 6'23/4 311 Auburn - Allows our replacement for Faneca. Has the potential to be a perennial pro-bowler. In my eyes, a younger Faneca. Yes, he needs time to develop before he reaches Faneca's level, but the potential is definately there.

2.6 - Anthony Spencer DE 6'27/8 261 Purdue - Can be a disruptive force and provide the QB rush that we were so lacking last year. I think he has a chance of slipping this far on draft day. If he does, then we shouldn't hesitate to take him with the 6th pick in the second round. If he's not here, then maybe look at Jarvis Moss (UF)/John Beason (UM)/Paul Poluszny (PSU)/Lawrence Timmons (FSU) if one of them were to slip this far also. (Hoping for one of these guys to have a Leinart type of day.)

2.15 - David Harris ILB 6'21/4 243 Michigan - Will be the eventual replacement of either Foote or Farrior once he grasps the defensive scheme. Will learn most of first year, take some situational snaps in 2007. Will start in 2008.

3.15 - Tanard Jackson DB 6'0" 200 Syracuse - Will take over for the depleted Townsend midway through the season as the featured nickel back. Will provide good depth if something were to happen to BMac or Ike. Also like Marcus McCauly out of Fresno State, but I'm not sure where he's supposed to be drafted. Also like Fred Bennett, but he could be had in the 4th if we don't take DB in the third.

4.33 - Justin Durant OLB 6'07/8 230 Hampton - Lots of upside and could push Haggans for PT in the near future. Or Spencer, if Spencer doesn't perform well. If Durant is not here then Zak DeOssie is another D-2 gem that may very well be there.

5.33 - Michael Bush RB 6'15/8 243 Louisville - I think he'll be able to push Davenport as the 2nd string back. He can catch well and runs hard. Needs to work on his leverage in goal-line situation and not run so upright. I was able to watch a couple of Louisville games over the years and really like what I saw in him. He can be a good compliment to Willie. I think he will return back to form pretty well after his leg injury.

6.18 - Jordan Palmer QB 6'55/8 231 UTEP - Gives us a 3rd string QB who has the physical skills to develop into a quality #2 once he learns the nausances of the NFL game. May be taken off the board a little earlier. If this is the case then Isaiah Stanback from Washington (gives us the dual QB/WR threat).

7.17 - Eric Deslauriers WR 6'37/8 210 Eastern Michigan - Hopefully the next Marques Colston. Runs a 4.53 40. I don't know anything about him but I saw his size and speed are decent so I threw him in here in the 7th round.

I like this idea because as someone said in a previous topic, were not exactly the best 2nd day drafters. This gives us 4 first day picks and allows us to stockpile talent that can contribue this season.

Let me know what you like/dislike.

Last edited by andre80j on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

even though i dont mind getting something for faneca the steelers cant afford it his salary would be accelerated and the steelers would have to cough up 3.5 million

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
andre80j

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

STELRFAN wrote:
even though i dont mind getting something for faneca the steelers cant afford it his salary would be accelerated and the steelers would have to cough up 3.5 million

i'm not sure how the whole salary cap thing works, i don't suppose arizona picks up some of the tab though since there getting him? What would our status be if we do have to cough up $3.5 million?
Boilermaker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some recent articles about Tomlin "reaching out" to Faneca. I hope that they can come to some form of mutual respect and just have a productive season if the FO cant extend his contract beyond this season.
andre80j

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boilermaker wrote:
There have been some recent articles about Tomlin "reaching out" to Faneca. I hope that they can come to some form of mutual respect and just have a productive season if the FO cant extend his contract beyond this season.

I say let him walk. I feel that Grubbs is a younger, a little more unpolished as of right now version of Faneca. In a year or two he will be the equivalent of Faneca.

I figure we can have the always good Faneca for another year and lose him to FA, or we can trade him pick up Grubbs who will be the next Faneca in I'd say a given 2 or 3 years. That means we'd also have Grubbs for a long time, essentially replacing Faneca with another player of his caliber. You'll just have to give Grubbs time to get used to the NFL before he excels like Faneca.

Last edited by andre80j on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBen7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid mock. I love the Ben Grubbs, Anthony Spencer and David Harris picks Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
Solid mock. I love the Ben Grubbs, Anthony Spencer and David Harris picks Very Happy

I would be bouncin off the walls if that happens. I would just go insane. Laughing
BigBen7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andre80j wrote:
I would be bouncing off the walls if that happens. I would just go insane. Laughing

Haha, So would I. I wouldn't care about the rest of the Draft after those 3 picks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the top. Not a big fan of Bush or Palmer but Bush in the 5th is an ok risk.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Tanard Jackson pick.

I think he proves to be solid starter as a Tampa/Cover 2 CB or a free saftey at the next level.
steelersalaryca

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

andre80j wrote:
STELRFAN wrote:

i'm not sure how the whole salary cap thing works, i don't suppose arizona picks up some of the tab though since there getting him? What would our status be if we do have to cough up $3.5 million?

If traded, Faneca would count $2,597,750 ($1,597,750 of prorated signing bonus, which would be accelerated to the 2007 cap PLUS $1,000,000 for the roster bonus the Steelers paid him in March) towards the steelers 2007 salary cap - with no dead money in 2008.

If traded, the cap savings for Faneca would be net $3.525 million.

http://www.steelersalarycap.com/player/AlanFaneca.htm

I am not saying I would want to trade him...if the price is right, then sure...but not him plus two 4ths for a high 2nd.
buccofan425

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pittsburgh only has one tradable 4rth round pick

faneca could be traded for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year

it may have to be a sign and trade (does that even happen in the NFL?)

dallas could be desperate, try to get a third rounder and the 1st
andre80j

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buccofan425 wrote:
pittsburgh only has one tradable 4rth round pick

faneca could be traded for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year

it may have to be a sign and trade (does that even happen in the NFL?)

dallas could be desperate, try to get a third rounder and the 1st

andre80j wrote:

Steelers trade Faneca, pick 4.20 (#119), pick 4.23 (#122) to Arizona for 2.6 (#38}.
[Allows us to get something for Faneca rather than losing him via free agency. ~may be a little much or not enough including the 4th rounders~]

In this mock we have 3 4th round picks (including compensatory pick).

We have our original 4th round and compensatory (which can't be traded) and picked up dallas's 4th round....
Neumatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK but id rather take Kalil in the 1st(have Mahan play Gaurd)...solid draft though

Jamison. on the sig
Cowherkids

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seven round mock with some serious trading!!!! Reply with quote

andre80j wrote:
I was laying in bed trying to sleep but was thinking up of possible draft day ideas.

This is based off Jamall Anderson not falling to 15. If Anderson is at 15, then null and void all these trades and DRAFT HIM!

your value inthese 2 trades is quite a bit off.1.15 i s worth 1050 pts 1.22+4.22(122) is only worth 830 pts, thats like just givng away pick 3.10 for free. teh second trade would value fanace as a mid 2nd round pick and we could just be trying to get 2.5 from them for faneca.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: