Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders OFFICIAL Draft Day Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Oakland Raiders OFFICIAL Draft Day Thread Reply with quote

Well, kids, here it is! The 2007 NFL Draft! Applause Applause

This is your friendly neighborhood Moderator nickdawg speaking. If you're asking yourself, "Nickdawg, why are you speaking through CrapTakula's post?" well, be patient. I'll explain that momentarily. But, for now, let's discuss the weekend, shall we?

This thread will be for general Draft talk, as well as discussing our Draft picks as they happen. Thngs like "I don't believe we took Joe Thomas at #1!!!!" belong here.

Separate threads should be made, and are encouraged, to have more in-depth discussions about the picks that are made, and the trades that will undoubtedly be made on Saturday.

Exclamation Please do NOT start a thread just to state the obvious, like "Oakland just took Jamarcus Russell!" or "Oakland passed on Calvin Johnson!" These things can be discussed here, in this thread. There is no extra credit given for being the first one to make a post just to say whom Oakland took, though there might be a few "Captain Obvious" awards given out.

Unfortunately, since this IS a weekend event, I will NOT be here regularly. I have the unfortunate responsibility of working....again....on Draft Weekend. I have not had a weekend off for the Draft in 11 years. No BS. And, this year will be no different. Which is also why I had CrapTakula make this thread in the first place. Now, when we make a selection, he'll be able to go back and edit this post to reflect whomever we just selected, instead of having to wait for a Global to come along and edit the post had I made the thread. Make sense? In my place, HiFi will be in on a regular basis on Sunday, and periodically on Saturday. And, you will be receiving periodic visits from both Global Moderators as well as regular Moderators. However, you won't have a specific designated Mod, since these guys have their own forums to tend to. I expect a the same high level of quality and respect that you guys all give me to be given to the guys who will be checking up on you.

Arrow *IF* a troll does come along, DO NOT respond to their attack in any way. Just PM a Global and HiFi (both, preferrably), and ignore it. Remember, ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY, so responding to a troll with a personal attack will get you both a WARNING, not to mention I'll be a bit peeved when I make my return to the forum.

titanrick will be running a Draft Tracker, if any of you guys are interested in heading over there and checking that out.

So, with all that being said, here we go:

The Oakland Raiders select:

1(1) - JaMarcus Russell QB/LSU
2(3Cool - Zach Miller TE/Az St.
3(65) - Quentin Moses DE/Georgia
3(91) - Mario Henderson OT/Florida St
3(99) - Johnnie Lee Higgins WR/UTEP
4(100) - Michael Bush RB/LOUISVILLE
4 (105) - Mike Williams WR + Josh McCown QB
4 (110) - John Bowie CB/Cincy
5(138) - Jay Richardson DE/Ohio St
5(165) - Eric Frampton S/Wash St
6(175) - Orenthal O'Neal FB/Arkansas St
7(254) - Jonathan Holland WR/La Tech

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Last edited by CrapTakula on Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:54 pm; edited 10 times in total
RAIDERNATI0N

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Oakland Raiders OFFICIAL Draft Day Thread Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
*IF* a troll does come along, DO NOT respond to their attack in any way. -

Whats a troll?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Oakland Raiders OFFICIAL Draft Day Thread Reply with quote

RAIDERNATI0N wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
*IF* a troll does come along, DO NOT respond to their attack in any way. -

Whats a troll?

here's a link to explain:
http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp
"An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war."

Trolls = bad
Raiders = good

Bolansho Boro Begoz
Totty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys know I am normally good for one smart-a$$ comment every now and again, and to be honest, I just came in here and tried to write a "it was the night before christmas" poem about the draft tomorrow. But I couldn't. Nothing was comeing to me, and nothing rhymes with Alameda. So, I thought screw it. I wanted to think about some of the funnier times in the draft that ESPN had showed earlier today. Like when Bill Pollien (colts guy) shot back at Keiper for saying "This is they the Colts will always be in the top 5 of the draft. As long as they keep making these moves, they will be picking 2nd for a long time." To which Pollien said "Who the hell is Mel Keiper?! This guy knows about as much about football as my neighbor, who is a US postal worker and doesn't even have season tickets!!" Well, the fact of the matter is that The colts 2 years before they took Manning in the draft, took Trev Alberts MLB, over none other then, Trent Dilfer. TRENT DILFER?! Who gets mad about someone not taking TRENT DILFER?! Well, it was kinda personal. After that I fast forward my mind to the 99 draft. Where the Eagles selected Donovan McNabb over Akili Smith (good call) and Daunte Culpepper and Cade McNown. Also, looking back good calls. Well the Eagles fans seemed to be beside themselfs. Kinda funny when you looks at it, because they love the guy now.

Fast forward a little bit, the whole Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning debacle. While Eli, looking like he just landed himself the 255th pick overall - - that was kinda funny too, how the best player in that draft (AT THE TIME) didn't want to play for our, one of our, biggest rivals.

With that being said, I am not going to [inappropriate/removed] and moan. If we take Queen, like I have said before, I am not going to be happy, but I will support it. Hell, I dont really care if we take Baraka Atkins first overall, as long as it is in a good attempt to make this team better.

Good night all, and remember, support our team, dont slight it.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
jmckinney_27

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'm getting ready to get off work and go get 3 hours of sleep and hopefully when I wake up I'll be posting my 300th message about how awesome the Raiders pick was.
Nuke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's one thing I have learned about Bill Polian it's that you never question him about why he passed over a highly touted prospect.

Now it's 4 hours 5 minutes until Oakland picks in our time, why haven't the Engilsh posted our picks yet? Smile
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as shown in the rest of the forum, Jamarcus Russell is expected to be our #1 pick (Knapp flew to greet him).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanfranraidersfan wrote:
Well, as shown in the rest of the forum, Jamarcus Russell is expected to be our #1 pick (Knapp flew to greet him).

The word is that he flew to greet the Big Three..... Quinn, CJ, and Russel. And, he didnt say who was the pick..... But that may just be some smoke....
FreakDaRaiderXI

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiffin denies that the Raiders have told Russell that he will be the pick. He also said that there is a 20% chance that they will trade the pick.

look! ^^^
JustWinBaby2006

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.r. all day, everyday...lets go..
#1RAIDER FAN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go, on the clock..
Raidin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And people wanted to keep randy moss?
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
And people wanted to keep randy moss?

i want to keep Randy Moss. Has he been moved?

Bolansho Boro Begoz
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we've hurt the franchise for another stretch, but I'll live with it.
pfassad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-Rock. OK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: