You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FOXSPORTS RUMORS DENVER TRADES UP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncofansd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: FOXSPORTS RUMORS DENVER TRADES UP Reply with quote

Foxsports rumor has Denver trading up with either the Texans at #10 or Carolina at #14. There reasoning is that Denver is approx. $2 million below the salary cap and don't have the money to sign a #1,2,3,3,6,6,7. It also stated that Mike Shannahan is looking for 1-2 more impact players after their busy offseason. One rumor is they are going to draft a DE, possibly Anderson,Carriker. The other rumor is they are after Patrick Willis.

Trade scenario's with Houston Texans. Denver trades its #21,56 and 86th pick for the #10 pick in the draft.

The # 10 Pick - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas (just what the Broncos need) Their most glaring needs DE/DT.

The # 70th Pick - Zak DeOssie LB Brown Big/Fast and strong. Can sit for a little while and play special teams. Has Star potential!!!!!
Other possiblities Marcus Thomas DT Florida. 1st Round Talent but alot of off the field issues. Josh Gattis Safety Good pick

Scenario #2 Denver trades with Carolina it's #21,56,70 pick and get #14 pick and Kris Jenkins.

The # 14th Pick - Jamaal Anderson(if still there), Adam Carriker, Ted Ginn JR, Robert Meachum. My thought is Ted Ginn JR(the reason is Shannahan was in awe of Devon Hester last year and missed him, with Ginn Jr they get Hester and a reciever for years to come. Along with Jenkins who in my mind if stays healthy fixing Denver's DLine problems. Placing him next to Warren, Dumervill, Lang, Ekuban we are pretty set.

#86 pick - Zak DeOssie LB Brown

Scenario # 2 seems to address Denver's immediate needs. DL/Reciever/LB

What does anyone think???

Last edited by broncofansd on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
DenVerGuY66

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting well i will be at the draft in person so i know exactly how the fans will react!! But i think Shanny will go after Wills at 14 if he is still there.

_BlueQuickSilver on the sig
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Jesus walks on water, Chuck Norris walks on jesus, and Tim Tebow walks on chuck norris. Laughing
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like scenario #2 and try to get Anderson or Willis if they fall, if not get BPA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i realy hate it when people have us taking tedd ginn jr he isnt worth it.
If we drafted he him he wouldnt start he might not even be 3rd string if rod comes back to his usual shape. So whats the point of wasting a 1st round pick if he is just going to return kicks for you. BTW i hear hixon is a very good kick returner so that isnt a need.

I'm back at FF, its been a while...
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkotto23 wrote:
i realy hate it when people have us taking tedd ginn jr he isnt worth it.
If we drafted he him he wouldnt start he might not even be 3rd string if rod comes back to his usual shape. So whats the point of wasting a 1st round pick if he is just going to return kicks for you. BTW i hear hixon is a very good kick returner so that isnt a need.

I am also not a fan of Ginn, I think he could either be a pro-bowler or a complete bust. The reason people have us taking him is because we need to get younger at WR, besides Javon & Marshall, all our recievers are over the hill (as far as football is concerned). Plus we really don't know what Hixon can do yet. Again I agree with you, but I see why people have us taking him.

Last edited by jonnyj20 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
marktheshark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

link please. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:
link please. Wink

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6737832
Goldfinger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:
link please. Wink

There isn't anything in that article talking about the Broncos moving up to #14. I figured that compensation was fan contrived, because the Bronco's #21, #56, and #70 wouldn't be enough to get both the #14 pick and Jenkins.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldfinger wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:
link please. Wink

There isn't anything in that article talking about the Broncos moving up to #14. I figured that compensation was fan contrived, because the Bronco's #21, #56, and #70 wouldn't be enough to get both the #14 pick and Jenkins.

That would make Jenkins a #62 a low second rounder. Its possible, depends on what other offers Carolina gets. They could probably get a better deal, but its possible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: FOXSPORTS RUMORS DENVER TRADES UP Reply with quote

broncofansd wrote:
Foxsports rumor has Denver trading up with either the Texans at #10 or Carolina at #14. There reasoning is that Denver is approx. $2 million below the salary cap and don't have the money to sign a #1,2,3,3,6,6,7. It also stated that Mike Shannahan is looking for 1-2 more impact players after their busy offseason. One rumor is they are going to draft a DE, possibly Anderson,Carriker. The other rumor is they are after Patrick Willis.

Trade scenario's with Houston Texans. Denver trades its #21,56 and 70th pick for the #10 pick in the draft.

The # 10 Pick - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas (just what the Broncos need) Their most glaring needs DE/DT.

The # 86th Pick - Zak DeOssie LB Brown Big/Fast and strong. Can sit for a little while and play special teams. Has Star potential!!!!!
Other possiblities Marcus Thomas DT Florida. 1st Round Talent but alot of off the field issues. Josh Gattis Safety Good pick

Scenario #2 Denver trades with Carolina it's #21,56,70 pick and get #14 pick and Kris Jenkins.

The # 14th Pick - Jamaal Anderson(if still there), Adam Carriker, Ted Ginn JR, Robert Meachum. My thought is Ted Ginn JR(the reason is Shannahan was in awe of Devon Hester last year and missed him, with Ginn Jr they get Hester and a reciever for years to come. Along with Jenkins who in my mind if stays healthy fixing Denver's DLine problems. Placing him next to Warren, Dumervill, Lang, Ekuban we are pretty set.

#86 pick - Zak DeOssie LB Brown

Scenario # 2 seems to address Denver's immediate needs. DL/Receiver/LB

What does anyone think???

I actually like Scenario 1 better - I think it assures us that we get Anderson. He could very well be picked by San Fran at #11 - he is big enough to play DE in their 3-4. And I like Zak DeOssie a lot at #86.

What's intriguing about the 2nd scenario is that we get Kris Jenkins. But what I do not like about it is the idea of getting Ted Ginn. If we trade up and Ted Ginn is the selection, I will come out of my skin. I don't want Carriker in either instance and doubt we take him as he is not a Bates DE.

If we do the trade in scenario 2, we don't get a DE, which is our biggest need. We get a DT, a WR and a LB - which would just annoy me. We need a pass-rusher. If we do the 2nd trade, and don't get Anderson at #14, then I think we should hope Quentin Moses is available at #86. I like DeOssie, but we need a DE more than a LB.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
LEOship

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think getting Deossie to start at strong side is more important then getting a DE at that pick.... hes huge fast and can fly around the field... i think dummervile and whoever else we start could do be just fine
NFLBRONCO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 for me if we are going to give all our picks. We get Jenkins a guy we need plus 14. BTW 21 56 86= 10 why give 70??

#1 Only gets us 4 picks higher and no DT
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldfinger wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
marktheshark wrote:
link please. Wink

Yeah i know there isnt but the author of this post was not posting a link and i had read this article before he posted it and it was the only thing i could find. i THINK he might have just made the 2nd trade up. (sorry buddy if you didnt)
broncofansd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right that Foxsports had Denver trading with the Texans. The second trade was mine or more likely a trade that has been posted on this forum.

I still believe that Denver's #1 priority is to upgrade the D-Line. I think that trading up to the #10 or #14th pick will be for a D-Line. Denver just signed to LB's Warrick Holdman and DD Lewis. I don't know why we would add 2 LB's and still take Patrick Willis. I don't get me wrong I think that Willis is a STUD!!!! But with DJ WILLIAMS/Gold/Webster/Vaughn/Holdman/Lewis are we really going to draft another LB???? Can't see it.

I like the trade with Houston if we come away with either Akoye/Carriker/Anderson.
ole miss texan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans fan here guys...

This is something we've been talking a lot about over on the texans boards.

Denver's 1st 2nd and 3rd for our #10 overall. Per the draft chart, it works out perfect as far as points go. To me it seems like a lot for denver to give up but that would mean y'all would have the #10 overall and the #6 pick in the 3rd round still.

Denver targeting Patrick Willis. Willis is a such a player, I think he's the safest player in the whole draft, and my pick for DROY next season...I'd love for him to go to Denver. If not, San Fran may take him, or Buffalo, maybe st louis or carolina. So If Denver really really wants him, they should trade with the texans....but ONLY when the 10th pick is up.

If the trade doesn't go down, i'm really hoping amobi okoye, darrelle revis, or patrick willis is the pick for us.

good luck guys, y'all are going to be very good next season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: