You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another trade up scenario for Denver..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
dominate26 wrote:
do you think CAR would do this

Den gets 14-1100 and Jenkins-280=1380
Car gets 21-800 56-340 70-240=1380

that would value him as a late 2nd then in round 3 we could take a S like Josh Gattis or WR like mike walker or Allison, or idk just a player of need, maybe even Quincy Black which i would like

I would do that in a heartbeat

our first day would look like:

14. Jamaal Anderson/Patrick Willis

56/70-Kris Jenkins

86- Sabby Piscatelli/Josh Gattis/Quincy Black

great first day...

That would be a great first day! Fill holes all over the D, I like it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That would be a great first day! Fill holes all over the D, I like it

yes it would and ive heard CAR wants to move back so maybe we should call up ole Shanny and tell him to offer CAR this. lol
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
dominate26 wrote:
do you think CAR would do this

Den gets 14-1100 and Jenkins-280=1380
Car gets 21-800 56-340 70-240=1380

that would value him as a late 2nd then in round 3 we could take a S like Josh Gattis or WR like mike walker or Allison, or idk just a player of need, maybe even Quincy Black which i would like

I would do that in a heartbeat

our first day would look like:

14. Jamaal Anderson/Patrick Willis

56/70-Kris Jenkins

86- Sabby Piscatelli/Josh Gattis/Quincy Black

great first day...

14. Jamaal Anderson

56/70. Kris Jenkins

86. Sabby Piscatelli

I would not mind that at all but i am kinda hoping we just stay put
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staying put would actually do us more good I think. We can address more holes that way.

Thanks, Tzimisce
darkotto23

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think we should trade up but then again im not shanny(duh)

anyhow here is my IDEAL denver draft

21. Michael Griffin S
some might not think that safety isnt our biggest need but with all the depth at DE we could still get a 1st round quality player at 56. In my opinion griffin will be the best safety available at this point. I love this kid.
56. Tim Crowder DE
DE is our biggest need so he will fill in a hole nicely he is big and fast and knows how to get to the QB he had i think 10.5 sacks last year with the longhorns.
70. Ryan Harris OT
great athletic tackle might not be that big but then again most of our o line is small. he protected brady quinn,s blindside in Notredame
86. Quincy Black OLB
i love this pick and i hope that it happens quincy black is a tipical denver line backer quick, and athletic. He is one of the fastest OLB's he ran a 4.5 in the combine. Plus he is a sure tackler.
176. Quintin Echols DT
didnt know about this kid untill i read an article about him and D Will I think he will make a great adition to our team.
198. Uche Nwaneri OG
he is a big kid who blocks realy well and with the loss of cooper carlile we might need him as a starter.
233. tyrone moss RB
another UM RB who has great potential but is inconsistent, he lost his starting job at UM to javarris james, but with shanny he could be the next great denver RB

what do you guys think about it?

I'm back at FF, its been a while...
Goldfinger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The move from #21 to #14 would take about 300 points, and Denver's second round pick at #56 is worth 340 points. I think we could send Denver our fifth round pick at #155, which is worth 29.4 points, and that would make it a fair deal.

Meanwhile, Denver's two set of third round picks might still be enough to get Jenkins. Their combined worth is 400 points, which is equivalent to the #50 pick in this draft, higher than the Rams pick at #52. The Panthers are supposedly asking for a 2nd round pick and a bit more, but that kind of a deal might be good enough.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading up for Willis isn't the best move IMO. We are moving DJ to MIKE as the SAM 'backer does not exactly play a key role in a Jim Bates defense and thus Willis' talents would be wasted at SAM the way DJ's have been. If we do take Willis, it might be a red flag that we are not planning to re-sign DJ Williams when he becomes a free agent after the 2007 season.

If we trade with Carolina you can bet it's for either Jamaal Anderson or Alan Branch - we would want to get in front of Pittsburgh who would likely to Anderson should he fall out of the top 12, as Anderson can play DE in either a 3-4 or a 4-3, unlike Carriker who is more ideally suited for the 3-4 and I think will end up in San Fran.

I would support trading up for Anderson (or even CJ), but I wouldn't be as supportive of a trade up for Willis or Branch.

But if something like this is being reported on as widely a watched network as ESPN, you can be almost sure its a smoke screen. I know we are going to trade up but how far (#14, #10, #2, somewhere else?) and for whom (Johnson, Thomas, Adams, Willis, Anderson, Branch, someone else?) is anyone's guess. But I would bet that Shanahan moves us up in the 1st round.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points AAA, I agree with you almost 100% If we do end up trading up I hope we go to 14 and somehow get Jenkins in the deal too, then we can hopefully draft Anderson. Shanny wants 1-2 impact players, well there you go. Then hopefully we may still have 86 and we can draft a S, LB, or WR.
Sabby Piscettelli S Oregon St.
H.B. Blades ILB Pittsburgh
Aundrae Allison WR East Carolina
Could all be there at 86. I would be happy with any of them.

Last edited by jonnyj20 on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkotto23 wrote:
i dont think we should trade up but then again im not shanny(duh)

anyhow here is my IDEAL denver draft

21. Michael Griffin S
some might not think that safety isnt our biggest need but with all the depth at DE we could still get a 1st round quality player at 56. In my opinion griffin will be the best safety available at this point. I love this kid.
56. Tim Crowder DE
DE is our biggest need so he will fill in a hole nicely he is big and fast and knows how to get to the QB he had i think 10.5 sacks last year with the longhorns.
70. Ryan Harris OT
great athletic tackle might not be that big but then again most of our o line is small. he protected brady quinn,s blindside in Notredame
86. Quincy Black OLB
i love this pick and i hope that it happens quincy black is a tipical denver line backer quick, and athletic. He is one of the fastest OLB's he ran a 4.5 in the combine. Plus he is a sure tackler.
176. Quintin Echols DT
didnt know about this kid untill i read an article about him and D Will I think he will make a great adition to our team.
198. Uche Nwaneri OG
he is a big kid who blocks realy well and with the loss of cooper carlile we might need him as a starter.
233. tyrone moss RB
another UM RB who has great potential but is inconsistent, he lost his starting job at UM to javarris james, but with shanny he could be the next great denver RB

what do you guys think about it?

I guarentee the Broncos wont take a safety at 21

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: