You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Post Press Conference Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjfollett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: My Post Press Conference Mock Reply with quote

After listening to some of what Colbert had to say, here's a scenario I can see happening:

Pit trades #15 to NO for #27, #58, and #126. Anderson, Willis, Brown, and Carriker are all off the board, and the word is NO really wants Revis.

Pit trades #46 and #58 to KC for #23 to get ahead of the NY Jets. KC wants WR, but they several other high priority needs as well. So, they get a total of three 2nd round picks.

1.23 - (from KC) Anthony Spencer, DE
1.27 - Ben Grubbs, OL
2.46 - traded to KC
2.58 - (from NO) traded to KC
3.77 - Tony Hunt, RB
4.119 - Jacoby Jones, WR
4.126 - (from NO) Usama Young, CB
4.132 - Le'Ron McClain, FB
5.156 - Anthony Waters, LB
5.170 - Adam Koetz, OL
6.192 - Dallas Sartz, LB
7.227 - Daren Stone, S

FYI, I think they'll get a couple UDFA punters in camp to compete with Barr; therefore, they skip drafting a punter -- as they should.
SteelTown43

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great mock. Fill two immediate needs with Spencer and Grubbs and then get a solid core of other prospects, including LBs Waters and Sartz who I'd love to get our hands on along with Spencer. I think Sartz will be a great 3-4 OLB in a couple of years and Waters appears to be the real deal in the middle as long as his injury history doesn't plague him. I love the Jones pick and Hunt also fills a need. Stone would also be a great pick in the seventh. If this happens I will jump up and down.
Blacky Gold

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, solid mock. That's a pile of picks!

I like most of the draft, but my least favorite picks are Hunt (I'd prefer Battle on day 2), McClain, and Sartz. But, if the draft went this way, I'd by satisfied on Sunday night.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solid mock right there, I wouldnt complain if the draft turned out that way for us. In fact id be very very happy but id like to draft a punter in the 6th or 7th round...

Jamison. on the sig
Steelers329

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really thrilled with spencer and would rather have blalock than grubbs, these players would not go in the first rd in most drafts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Spencer will go to the Jets at #25, and Grubbs will go to Baltimore at #29.
gseabrook26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjfollett wrote:
I think Spencer will go to the Jets at #25, and Grubbs will go to Baltimore at #29.

What's your point? Spencer was picked at 23 and Grubbs at 27 in this draft.
About the mock, only pick I don't like is Hunt. Really like Spencer, Grubbs, Jones, McClain, and Waters.
10 picks might be a few too many. I like the fact that we have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds, but after that I think we should try to trade our 6th and 7 round picks for a 5th.
cjfollett

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gseabrook26 wrote:
cjfollett wrote:

What's your point? Spencer was picked at 23 and Grubbs at 27 in this draft.
About the mock, only pick I don't like is Hunt. Really like Spencer, Grubbs, Jones, McClain, and Waters.
10 picks might be a few too many. I like the fact that we have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds, but after that I think we should try to trade our 6th and 7 round picks for a 5th.

I was replying to the guy who said Spencer and Grubbs would not likely go in the 1st.

Hunt is a guy I see being a very good compliment/change of pace back to Parker. It was clear to me in games versus Jax, SD, Balt, and so on that we do not have the power back on this team to get us the 2-3 yards when we need it. Davenport is not that guy and neither is Kuhn.

I agree that the later day 2 picks might be better served to move up and take a guy higher somewhere else, especially given the recent history of day 2 misses. However, I see the 5, 6, and 7 guys having a shot to make the roster this year - unlike years past.

Waters is a risk with his injury, but if he pans out he'll be a major contributor.

Koetz is a project for the O line and likely a PS guy. However, with Starks potentially leaving next year, and with Marvel Smith still having neck issues, Koetz could provide solid depth in '08. If he is better than I think, he has a shot to compete with Essex, Colon, and Kemoeatu for a roster spot.

Sartz is another project. He was very productive in college, but he needs to add bulk for the NFL. If he can pack on 20 lbs and maintain his speed, he'll compete at any of the LB positions, and at worst push Kreiwaldt off the roster.

Stone is a ST guy with some upside to play in some dime packages. He'll definitely compete with Lorello and any other scrub they bring in to replace Logan.
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we take Grubbs at 1.27, I'll have an aneurysm. Kendall Simmons part II.

Day 1 OG is a very poor value. Save it for Day 2. Regardless of Faneca's status.

Much better uses for that pick.

Would love Waters in the 5th.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
StillersFury

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

Nice mock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
If we take Grubbs at 1.27, I'll have an aneurysm. Kendall Simmons part II.

Day 1 OG is a very poor value. Save it for Day 2. Regardless of Faneca's status.

Much better uses for that pick.

Would love Waters in the 5th.

People always dog Simmons, but Grubbs is the exact same player. IMO.

I like Ant. Waters a lot and think he could be a steal for whoever picks him up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See...I hate Simmons...OMG do I hate Simmons.

I have seen Grubbs play...He was simply dominant this year. Reminds me of Brian Waters.

Anthony Waters is a helluva of kid. Would look great in Black and Gold. He empties his tank every game...Leaves it all on the field

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hatred towards Simmons is funny, because looking Grubbs #'s they're almost identical to Simmons.

Grubb
Ht: 6'2.5
Wt: 311
40: 5:10
10yd: 2:95
20yd: 1:65
225: 35
Vert 26.5
Broad 8'7"
20 sh 4:72
3cone 7:70

Simmons
40: 5:30
10yd: 3:02
20yd: 1:83
225: 24
Vert: 28.5
Broad 8'2"
20 sh: 4:71
3cone: 7:84

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simmons was headed for a promising career til the diabetes derailed him. So I guess numbers don't tell the whole story.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
The hatred towards Simmons is funny, because looking Grubbs #'s they're almost identical to Simmons.

Grubb
40: 5:10
10yd: 2:95
20yd: 1:65
225: 35
Vert 26.5
Broad 8'7"
20 sh 4:72
3cone 7:70

Simmons
40: 5:30
10yd: 3:02
20yd: 1:83
225: 24
Vert: 28.5
Broad 8'2"
20 sh: 4:71
3cone: 7:84

Aside from the fact that technique on the line will get you farther than anything else, Grubbs beats Simmons in almost all categories of numbers. Grubbs is stronger, quicker, more agile, and more explosive if you go purely by the numbers. I haven't seen Grubbs play however so I can't give much input on his technique.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: