You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First ever mock -- tear it up!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say trade down.. I dont see us being 1 impact player away from the AFC championship..
Haggans.. could be gone next year.. Faneca.. Simmons... Polamalu.. Starks..cocolough.. Wilson.. We arent going to sign all of them..

I say we sign Polamalu Starks and prob haggans.. we have holes to fill If we trade down we still can get that impact linebacker we need and another starter to replace one of these guys next year.. Our Defence is aging.. We have townsend.. 32 I think he'll be by the beginning of next season. Parker need's a better backup.. By the end of next year all i want to see is Mcfadden and Taylor as CB's Townsend will loose alot.. Cocolough will still suuckk 2 ok cb's isn't enough for the AFC north while facing people like Carson Palmer.. and Brady quinn possibly...
If we trade down the players might not be impacts this year but next year they could.. Superbowls aren't won by one player they are won by a team.. and the Steelers team is aging Espically on D-Fence.. We need backups so when next year comes around and half our starters are gone or old we have good players to replace them not players like Willie Colon..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWPMVP2008 wrote:
BlackLion21 wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:
I'd much rather trade up in the first to pick up a Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams than trade down and pick up a bunch of guys who there is no real consensus on.

I disagree. Spencer's stock has been rising, due in part to a great senior year. I think he'd be a good fit for the Steeler's as an imapct pass rusher. Moreover, Grubbs has been refered to as a sure lock Pro-bowler. I think his first two picks are great. I think we should move down in the first and take Spencer (trade with Jets), but I think we'll have to move back up into the first to take Grubbs (trade with Bears). Overall, I do agree with your assessment that we need quality over quantity. Maybe we just disagree on who those players are.

I love quality too. Doesn't mean there isn't quality to be had in this year's draft in the middle rounds. I think A. Spencer and another 3rd round pick equals massive "quality" Its not like i have us trading back for 3 7th rounders and a 6th. . .

Why are you telling me? I was defending your mock. I was disagreeing with Cut and agreeing with your picks. I just don't think Grubbs will slide down to #46, so...... we would have to trade up to get him....all I was saying. This draft should be a lot of fun for us. Better than 2005 when we all knew Miller was the pick.
FWPMVP2008

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackLion21 wrote:
FWPMVP2008 wrote:
BlackLion21 wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:
I'd much rather trade up in the first to pick up a Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams than trade down and pick up a bunch of guys who there is no real consensus on.

I disagree. Spencer's stock has been rising, due in part to a great senior year. I think he'd be a good fit for the Steeler's as an imapct pass rusher. Moreover, Grubbs has been refered to as a sure lock Pro-bowler. I think his first two picks are great. I think we should move down in the first and take Spencer (trade with Jets), but I think we'll have to move back up into the first to take Grubbs (trade with Bears). Overall, I do agree with your assessment that we need quality over quantity. Maybe we just disagree on who those players are.

I love quality too. Doesn't mean there isn't quality to be had in this year's draft in the middle rounds. I think A. Spencer and another 3rd round pick equals massive "quality" Its not like i have us trading back for 3 7th rounders and a 6th. . .

Why are you telling me? I was defending your mock. I was disagreeing with Cut and agreeing with your picks. I just don't think Grubbs will slide down to #46, so...... we would have to trade up to get him....all I was saying. This draft should be a lot of fun for us. Better than 2005 when we all knew Miller was the pick.

Sorry dude, i didn't mean for it to be in response to you. I was trying to tackle the question of quality v. quantity in general.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: