You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First ever mock -- tear it up!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWPMVP2008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: First ever mock -- tear it up!!!! Reply with quote

After months of reading pretty much anything I could get my hands on (which has probably tampered with my ability to think straight), here it is:

Trade 15 and 120 to NY Giants (they get top cb), for 20, 82, and 117

Trade 117 and 157 to Arizona for 106

So we end up with:

20. Anthony Spencer, OLB/DE

47. Ben Grubbs, OG

77. Tim Shaw, OLB (go psu)

82. Tony Hunt, RB (double go PSU)

106. Zack DeOssie, ILB (we make a little move to get him)

133. Jay Moore, DE

171. Laurent Robinson, WR

193. Adam Koets, OT

228. Michael Coe, CB

NOTE: This all assumes Jamaal Anderson doesn't fall to us, which I don't think will happen.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it the first couple picks fill needs and the later rounds add some depth..
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't agree with the logic of trading down when your team is really an impact player away from being back in the AFC Championship game.

We really have only 1 MAJOR hole that MUST be filled in order to turn around next season.

Trading down for more picks, this year more than ever, just doesn't make sense or sit well with me.

If we trade down, I have a feeling this draft will be one of the worst in recent memory for us.

(thanks to untitledscream)
zsirvone28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
I just don't agree with the logic of trading down when your team is really an impact player away from being back in the AFC Championship game.

We really have only 1 MAJOR hole that MUST be filled in order to turn around next season.

Trading down for more picks, this year more than ever, just doesn't make sense or sit well with me.

If we trade down, I have a feeling this draft will be one of the worst in recent memory for us.

Totally agreed. We need more great players in this year's draft, then depth players. Unless of course, Tomlin thinks we can't make it this year to the SB and drafts for the 4-3. Which wouldn't sit well with me. Trade-up in the late first day early second day. We want more above average players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather trade up in the first to pick up a Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams than trade down and pick up a bunch of guys who there is no real consensus on.

We don't have many holes.

We have an immediate hole at a pass rushing position (whether that takes the form of a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE).

Other than that, we could use a young guy to develop for the o-line, and a young ILB and a young CB. But our immediate hole needs an impact player and I think that is more important than drafting a player now to fill Faneca's shoes in 2008.

Stlr4Life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first 5 & L. Robinson. Good Job
FWPMVP2008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

I fully agree. But i don't think Jammaal, or Willis, or even Carriker will be there for us at 15. I also think we're more then one position away from another Superbowl, but hey, I hope I'm wrong.

I basically tried to create a draft situation that sees us fill several needs both for this year and the future.

I've shifted one second day pick to another first day pick, stockpiling not just depth, but potential starters for the upcoming free agency BANANZA we're facing.

Which single first round prospect do you think could win us a Superbowl this year? Even with the first over all pick?

Did the OL play suddenly get a LOT better and no one told me? is a rookie, even an excellent rookie going to totally resurrect our pass rush this season? What's he gonna add? 10 sacks at BEST?

I accept the fact that an excellent new pash rushing threat will help the secondary's performance, but how is it going to keep Ben on his feet?
FWPMVP2008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
I'd much rather trade up in the first to pick up a Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams than trade down and pick up a bunch of guys who there is no real consensus on.

We have an immediate hole at a pass rushing position (whether that takes the form of a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE).

Other than that, we could use a young guy to develop for the o-line, and a young ILB and a young CB. But our immediate hole needs an impact player and I think that is more important than drafting a player now to fill Faneca's shoes in 2008.

Sorry, didn't see that post before my last one.

I just read something on here tonight saying for like the 8th time the team doesn't want to trade up. . . maybe im just buying into it, but who knows? How much higher is Jamaal on the board?

maybe its the fact that no one seems to be talking about Spencer that much, yet everyone seems to think he's mid to late first round talent, capable of playing DE and OLB (for our eventual and assured move to 4-3). I dunno.

How much better is Jamaal for the steelers?
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our O-line had a down year last year. I don't think their talent just diminished.

Plus, with young guys like Kemoeatu, Okobi, Mahan (who is a good player and doesn't get credit), Essex, Colon...I am more than confident that the next era of our O-line is, for the most part, already on the roster.

JHinkle5355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

Agreed. If we trade anywhere, it should be up.

^^^zbergs^^^
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

They steelers may go upfor anderson but that could mean loosing a second round pick so they have to weigh that and the depth at the positions they are looking may not have to many impact players so they should go up to get willis or anderson but only for them if they are gone stand pat or move down

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
StillersFury

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
Our O-line had a down year last year. I don't think their talent just diminished.

Plus, with young guys like Kemoeatu, Okobi, Mahan (who is a good player and doesn't get credit), Essex, Colon...I am more than confident that the next era of our O-line is, for the most part, already on the roster.

This is where Master(me) and prodigy(you know who) disagree.

Steelers have major depth issues on this team... There an injury or two away from chaos.

-Def End(43) Olb(34)

-CB

-Backer

-OT...Essex Blows. Colon should play Rg

-Guard...Simmons sucks..Faneca is on the way down.

-DL Depth...Hoke Kierschke Nua...Please

-Center..No matter what stats rumors or bs is spewed...Okobi absolutely sucks...He will not make it out of training camp. Phillip is a midget who has the same issues as Okobi. Mahan has not played center since 2004. Steelers lost a player who played in 3 out of the last 5 pro bowls..But the talent level and outlook are great....*Stick out your hand so I can whack your knuckles*

-Linebacker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this draft other than maybe not Tim Shaw, do u think Samson Sattelle will be around then Question Anxious
BlackLion21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:

I disagree. Spencer's stock has been rising, due in part to a great senior year. I think he'd be a good fit for the Steeler's as an imapct pass rusher. Moreover, Grubbs has been refered to as a sure lock Pro-bowler. I think his first two picks are great. I think we should move down in the first and take Spencer (trade with Jets), but I think we'll have to move back up into the first to take Grubbs (trade with Bears). Overall, I do agree with your assessment that we need quality over quantity. Maybe we just disagree on who those players are.
FWPMVP2008

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackLion21 wrote:
Cutwolf wrote:

I disagree. Spencer's stock has been rising, due in part to a great senior year. I think he'd be a good fit for the Steeler's as an imapct pass rusher. Moreover, Grubbs has been refered to as a sure lock Pro-bowler. I think his first two picks are great. I think we should move down in the first and take Spencer (trade with Jets), but I think we'll have to move back up into the first to take Grubbs (trade with Bears). Overall, I do agree with your assessment that we need quality over quantity. Maybe we just disagree on who those players are.

I love quality too. Doesn't mean there isn't quality to be had in this year's draft in the middle rounds. I think A. Spencer and another 3rd round pick equals massive "quality" Its not like i have us trading back for 3 7th rounders and a 6th. . .

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: