You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Prediction for 1st day

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: My Prediction for 1st day Reply with quote

Alright, here it goes.

This is not what I want, its what I think it will happen.

So here it is:

1)Lawrence Timmons OLB FSU
Tomlin seems to love him and hes a fit in the 4-3.

Scouting Report
http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=27&a=90

2)Tim Crowder DE Texas
Very solid 4-3 DE, and would complete the 4-3 line.

Scouting Report
http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=25&a=100

3)Allen Barbre OT/OG Missouri Southern
Very athletic player and the Steelers love to draft O-lineman in the middle rounds lately.

Scouting Report
http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=22&a=451

Well, theres my prediction. What would you guys think if this happened and what is yours?
footballfan123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be upset if that is how Saturday came out, but I'm just not sold on Timmons. I don't like the story that came out about him being out of shape at his Pro Day. He is only a one year starter and I think the Steelers could find better value at this position later in the draft. In the end, I'll trust Colbert, and if Timmons is the pick, I will be excited to see what he can do.

Here is what i think. Like you said, not necessarily what I want, but maybe how things will shake out.

1. Anthony Spencer (If Anderson is here, they take him, but he is gone and so are Willis and Carriker by 15. No one wants to trade with PIT so they pull the trigger on Spencer. I won't be surprised if Revis is the pick and the Steelers say bye bye to Deshea and Coke at end of season. I know that CB isn't a top need, but I don't think that any first round pick is going to unseat a current starter (just my opinion) . So, if they think Revis is the next big thing, they might as well take him because I'd love to have a big, reliable CB with ball skills)

2. David Harris (if Grubbs or Blalock fall this far, I think they take one of them and try to pick up DeOssie early day 2. I know people say that Harris is climbing draft boards, but I still think there is a decent chance that he will there for the Steelers in RD 2)

3. Brian Robison (I haven't seen his name on this board much, but he is a bit of a project 3-4 OLB with great measurables and good intangibles. The knock I hear on him is that his hips aren't very fluid in lateral movement, but he is big, fast, can rush the passer, and should be an immediate contributor on special teams coverage. We don't need a starting OLB tomorrow .... Harrison and Haggans can hold down the fort in 2007 ... Robison might turn into a good player after a year as a backup)

I think day 2 is where the Steelers look for RB, WR, and DL depth. If they don't take a CB in RD 1, I don't see them taking one earlier than 5b.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: