You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Paul Posluszny isn't athletic enough?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jayme96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
I am 1000% against trading back for more picks in this draft.

To me it all depends on who's available. If Poz, Anderson, etc are gone, I'd trade back, depending on who's available. If no one I really wanted was available, I'd trade back. I think I'd be able to find a player at 15 that fills a need, and is good. I have a very hard time believing all the guys I'd be interested in would be gone by then.

Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Adam Carriker
Jamaal Anderson
Gaines Adams
Paul Posluszny
Patrick Willis
Robert Meachem
Ted Ginn Jr
Joe Staley
Laron Landry
Alan Branch
Amobi Okoye
Darrelle Revis
Leon Hall

That's 15 right there that'd be "decent" picks, though I wouldn't be too thrilled with a quarter of them (they're not in order of my rankings).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
I am 1000% against trading back for more picks in this draft.

Its not always about acquiring extra picks. Noone, and I mean noone wants to overpay for a player. Its about $$$$$$. Especially if you have more than one player rated similarly at a certain position.

Quote:
Bosworth marketed himself like no other

until Brian Leonard

Quote:
I do agree Poz is not as athletic or explosive as the other top prospects but I think he will have a solid NFL career

I dont agree with the Bosworth comparison, but this goes back to draft style. Do you want to go with the "boom or bust" potential HOF'er or potential million $ bust, or do you go with the guy who may never make a pro bowl but will be solid for 8 years. Thats what I believe Pos and Carricker are. In hindsight, Aaron Smith is a top 5 pick compared to Andre Wadsworth. Although I dont condone drafting Pos b/c he cant rush the passer, in a trade back scenario (which I do condone), I'd accept it. Too many good players to be had in middle rounds. Thats where the focus should be.

Pos=Beason=Timmons... They will all be considered, but Im not sure at 15. If any, Timmons b/c he is more of an upfield player, Beason sideline to sideline, Poz is about instincts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Brian Bosworth's major was finance at OU

MBA from Stanford.

I have no problems trading down in this draft to acquire first day picks if the player I am targeting is gone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so confident in Pozzy that I think he could replace both Farrior and Foote in the middle of our defense which would let us play a 3-3 defense with 5 defensive backs. Hes my Rudy Rudiger.
alancac98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from a small community near Penn State. Most of their games are televised on the local network and I have seen several in person. I can tell you that the only thing that should matter is that Poz can play football - period! Those that think he isn't athletic enough - step up and strut your stuff. He's like a bloodhound - may be a little slower than the average dog, but knows how to hunt! He sniffs that ball out on every play. You only have to watch a game to see that he is always near the ball. I would love to see the steelers take him. I've seen him take on 325 lb lineman, shed them, and make the hit for no gain - time and time again. Good teams need pplayer who can play - and IMO - there's no better linebacker in this game than him. By the way, I'm a Pittsburgh Panther fan and I grew up hating Penn State, so please don't assume I'm biased because I live near Happy Valley!

Sig by Dawg24
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

ironcity40 wrote:
Im so confident in Pozzy that I think he could replace both Farrior and Foote in the middle of our defense which would let us play a 3-3 defense with 5 defensive backs. Hes my Rudy Rudiger.

whenever you wake up from that dream let the rest of us know

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

alancac98 wrote:
I'm from a small community near Penn State. Most of their games are televised on the local network and I have seen several in person. I can tell you that the only thing that should matter is that Poz can play football - period! Those that think he isn't athletic enough - step up and strut your stuff. He's like a bloodhound - may be a little slower than the average dog, but knows how to hunt! He sniffs that ball out on every play. You only have to watch a game to see that he is always near the ball. I would love to see the steelers take him. I've seen him take on 325 lb lineman, shed them, and make the hit for no gain - time and time again. Good teams need pplayer who can play - and IMO - there's no better linebacker in this game than him. By the way, I'm a Pittsburgh Panther fan and I grew up hating Penn State, so please don't assume I'm biased because I live near Happy Valley!

hes ok but far from the best

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
zsirvone28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

STELRFAN wrote:
ironcity40 wrote:

whenever you wake up from that dream let the rest of us know

HaHa! I'll take Timmons' extremely high ceiling over Poz's low ceiling yet extreme production any day. Hopefully we trade up with Buffalo to draft Willis though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Poz over Timmons

I would take Siler or Harris over Willis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
I would take Poz over Timmons

I would take Siler or Harris over Willis

To me, Pos and Timmons are a wash. Pos has ability, Timmons has more potential, I think. Timmons fits more of a need.

Im starting to like Willis a little more each day. I still rank him #1 overall in potential, then Harris/Siler.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: