You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Paul Posluszny isn't athletic enough?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StillersFury

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I like Paulie Poz.

-You cant teach instincts
-You cant coach will or passion for the game
-Poz has great fundamentals...Tackling, read and React, he takes on blocks alot better then most give him credit for.

Poz may run a 4.67...He reads the play a step faster then most linebackers in this draft.

He may have peaked...He's still pretty freaking good.
Penn St's defensive line over the past 2 years hasnt been great.

Paxon Alford and Johnson played an upfield game.

In a Trade down scenario...I have no problems with Paulie Poz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Pos and Bos have similar size/speed/agility ratios.

Brian Posworth is alive and well, my friends. Overhyped.

I'd imagine Posluszny would have similar size/speed/agility ratios to Jack Ham as well.

Does this mean Paul Poluszny=Brian Bosworth=Jack Ham?

I'm glad those measurables solely dictate how well an individual can play football.
BlacknGold4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about eatin some rat poison instead

Brian Bosworth - was a trash talking, roid raging, no brains, disrespectful, egotistical, overhyped big A hole coached by a big A hole Barry Switzer

Paul Posluszny - is well mannered, team leader, hardworker, smart, respects others and the game, puts the team first and wants to win, stand up person coached by a Great

So as you can see a comparison in Character between Paul and Boz clearly goes to Poz not Boz

Bosworth was a jerk who thought he was goin to step into the NFL and everybody would be scared of him and lay down and he got punched in the face and found out that he couldnt dominated like he did in college while ROIDED UP and High on cocaine or whatever else

Based on him being 100 times A better Person something that factors into the Steelers Organization and player evaluation philosophy I would be happy with him being a Steeler but just not in the 1st round I agree we need more of an pass rusher OLB/DE, and he will not last till our 2nd

I do agree Poz is not as athletic or explosive as the other top prospects but I think he will have a solid NFL career and when thinking of the PSU linebackers I think Dan Conner might be a better Pro when hes drafted next year

So for the LAST time pleaaaase dont do the Poz - Boz thing its old youve said it A MILLION times A million other people have too long before you WE GET IT ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE AT ALL ITS WAS ONLY A LITTLE FUNNY TO BEGIN WITH ANYWAYS you might be laughing to yourself but we are not please do not subject us to your stupid humor anymore please
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey black,

Brian Posworth

Love,
Wolf

(thanks to untitledscream)
BlacknGold4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great come back Sir Once again you have trumped me ahahahahahahahahahaha LOL

you need to go back to school and learn some new ones little boy
Cutwolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Posworth

StillersFury

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know

Brian Bosworth was a Academic All Amercian

http://www.gosoonersgo.com/players/brian-boswroth.php

Onto drug use

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9A0DEFDF143AF935A15751C1A960948260

Hospital records backed his claim.

Bosworth marketed himself like no other

He also changed the way the NFl worked...Name the last guaranteed contract?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now your actually thinking I laughed at that
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Did you know

Brian Bosworth was a Academic All Amercian

http://www.gosoonersgo.com/players/brian-boswroth.php

Didn't know that, but if you think about it he did go to Oklahoma... I bet it was hard to get A's in classes like Weightlifting, Tobacco spitting, "Pharmacy" Laughing , and the University favorite Football 101 Wink
m_mckinley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get Paul but he's not a top 15 guy. And he probably has peaked and will be a very solid LB for years. Timmons and Beason are bomb or bust guys...they could be great or they could be Alonzo Jackson.
BlacknGold4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and I bet Boz was hard at work with his nose in a text book every nigtht even Fridays and he didnt cheat on any tests or have others do his reports or have dipsh!t Switzer talk to his Profs and let him pass

and as far as steriods he said he had taken them

funny Switzer ............"well id much rather it be steriods dem boys are doin than Cocain or that wacky tabacky Marijuana"

so basically he'd rather have them taking a drug that would make em bigger stronger meaner to go out on the field and win win win!.... (cheating) while destroying their bodies later......... just so he could win NOW.......than smoking a joint............freakin bullsh!t a answer I should have expected from him

Im not down with coke but hey a little bud once and a while never hurt anybody that ive seen hahaha
Jayme96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
See I like Paulie Poz.

-You cant teach instincts
-You cant coach will or passion for the game
-Poz has great fundamentals...Tackling, read and React, he takes on blocks alot better then most give him credit for.

Poz may run a 4.67...He reads the play a step faster then most linebackers in this draft.

He may have peaked...He's still pretty freaking good.
Penn St's defensive line over the past 2 years hasnt been great.

Paxon Alford and Johnson played an upfield game.

In a Trade down scenario...I have no problems with Paulie Poz

Exactly (though I don't think you'd have to trade down to get value out of him). I've said all along that his read and react time is so superior to everyone else's that even if he was actually slow (which he's not) it would more than compensate. Given the fact that he does indeed run a good 40 times, AND has those instincts, he probably plays faster than most (if not all) of the other LBs in the draft. Everyone brags up Willis' 4.38 time, but his "real" time is a 4.51, which is good but not extraordinary. 4.65 is plenty good for a MLB, especially when they react so fast.

Talking about the DL at PSU, remember who their DE was? Another Linebacker how is almost EXACTLY the same size as Poz. Tim Shaw. That's nuts. You know that a guy that size isn't taking up blockers so the LBs can roam untouched (like Ray Ray "Slasher" Lewis complains about his line not doing) and make plays.

I'm also not buying the low ceiling part either. Lets say that his "range" is 80-95. He'll never get below 80, which is a solid starter, and never over 95 because he's not a freak athlete. In a few years his "floor" might move up to 85 or 90, so you have a linebacker that will be very consistent and reliable, and make lots of plays, and his overall range would be 90-95.

NOW, on the other hand, you go to your other LBs. Lets say Timmons for example. He's very raw, so his floor would be 60 (not even a situational player) and his ceiling initially is 80 (solid starter). In a few years, that might get bumped up to 75-90, but he's still behind Poz, both in floor and ceiling. You might not get the 85-95 range for 3-5 years out of Timmons, and by that time his contract is damn near up and we let him walk due to cap reasons/being frugal. He runs a 4.59, so that is slightly better than Poz, and is actually smaller, so I don't see a higher ceiling on him at all really. 6' 0 7/8", 234 lbs, 4.59 for Timmons. 6'1 5/8", 239 lbs, 4.65 for Poz.

Those saying that Poz isn't a top 15 pick are correct to an extent. He's a top 10 talent!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of "trading down to get a better value of a player" is one of the most inane things people suggest, in my opinion.

If a player is damn good and will contribute to your team a damn good amount, he is a damn good value no matter where he is taken.

This only applies to drafting outside of the top 10, naturally.

Jayme96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
The idea of "trading down to get a better value of a player" is one of the most inane things people suggest, in my opinion.

If a player is damn good and will contribute to your team a damn good amount, he is a damn good value no matter where he is taken.

This only applies to drafting outside of the top 10, naturally.

I actually agree with you there. It makes sense to trade back and get extra picks, if you're sure your guy will still be there for you to take, but there'd better be a damn good consolation prize available if your guy is taken. As far as Poz goes, some people think he could go to the Bills or Panthers before we pick, and the Giants and Patriots are a pretty likely destination too. So you have the #9, #14, #20 and #24 all listed as possible destinations for him. We're right in the middle at 15, so if we want him, have to take him at 15.

Bottom line: If they're good players, and you need them, it doesn't matter where you pick them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 1000% against trading back for more picks in this draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: