You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking into the Crystal Ball (Draft, Preseason + Weeks 1,2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Looking into the Crystal Ball (Draft, Preseason + Weeks 1,2) Reply with quote

I have got to say, this isn't my idea, i was browsing the Raiders forum, and saw this post by PaRaiderFan16, so a thanks to him for giving me this idea, and the idea I will tell about soon. Here is his post about the Raiders, its a good read:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=131052

Right then, this is me looking into my crystal ball. Please don't complain about the draft, its what I want, and is going to be kept for storyline purposes. After the draft, I will update this, allowing us to have more realism, so enjoy the first part:

Looking into the Crystal Ball………..

April 28th 2007 – NFL Draft 2007 Day 1

On an eventual day in New York, the Philadelphia Eagles came away with 4 draft picks. In the first round, the Eagles stayed at #26, and selected Texas Safety Michael Griffin. A statement released said “…..we are pleased to announce the addition of Michael Griffin to the Philadelphia Eagles; we feel he was the best player available at this point, and gives us options in the secondary, as well as giving us an excellent special teams player….”

In the second round, the Eagles were pleasantly surprised that Brain Leonard dropped to them with the 57th pick. This pick was met wit mixed views in the audience, with a mixture of cheers and boos coming from the crowd. Andy Reid spoke to reporters soon afterwards saying “…. Leonard may not be everyone’s first choice, but we felt with our new emphasis at the run, he was too good to pass over. We had him high on our draft board, and mentioned trading up for Brian. We are pleased to welcome him to the Philadelphia Eagles, and look forward to him giving us another option in the backfield……”

Early into the third round, there was sign of activity from the Eagles officials; this transpired into a trade with recent trading partners Buffalo. This resulted in Philadelphia sending the 90th pick, running back Ryan Moats and Philadelphia’s 2008 3rd round selection for the 74th pick and the 92nd pick in the 2007 draft. An insider in the Eagles camp was quoted in saying “….we are sad to see Ryan leave, but with the addition of Brian, we do not see him getting much game time. With a couple of prospects we were targeting dropping, we felt we could add to our team….”

With the two third round picks acquired from Buffalo, the Philadelphia Eagles drafted Hawai’i defensive end Ikaika Alama-Francis with the 74th pick and Kent State cornerback Usama Young with the 92nd pick. Eagles GM Tom Heckert later said “….we are very happy with our draft so far, with the additions of Griffin and Leonard, we have two young guys who can contribute immediately…”. On Alama-Francis and Young he said “……both Ikaika and Usama are guys we have kept a close eye on, both aren’t the finished product, but we feel they will contribute this year, and look to push for starting spots next year….”

[Writers Note: it was impossible to fit Alama - Francis on the back of a jersey on NFLshop, so I went for his 1st name]

April 29th 2007 – NFL Draft 2007 Day 2

In a flurry of activity, the Philadelphia Eagles added three more players to the 2007 draft class. The first piece of business was the trading of the 162nd pick, the 201st pick and Dhani Jones to Detroit for the 139th pick and 145th pick in the 2007 draft. This lead to the Eagles adding the University of Texas El-Paso Quarterback Jordan Palmer and the University of Southern California Linebacker Dallas Sartz to the Eagles family. In the 7th round, the Eagles drafted Elliot Vallejo (OT) out of Cal – Davis. Andy Reid spoke a few minutes ago about his 2nd day draftees in his post draft press conference

“….Jordan has a lot of talent, and with Donavan coming back from a serious injury, we may need insurance in the future. We will work on his technique in training camp, and are fully confident he can push for a roster spot this year…..”

“….we were surprised that Dallas was still on the board when we picked, we felt he would go in the 4th round. With the departure of Dhani, we felt we needed to add another linebacker. Dallas has experience at the SAM and MIKE positions, and will challenge Chris (Gocong) in camp, as well as being in the mix for the MIKE position…”

“….From what I’ve seen of Elliot, I’m amazed he has lasted this far. With Jon (Runyan) and Tra (Thomas) we have two experienced tackles, who are approaching the end of their careers. While we drafted Winston (Justice) last year, we feel we need another option at the tackle position. Elliot will need a lot of work, but we feel he can learn, and be an effective member of the Eagles team…”

Training Camp July 27th – August 12th 2007

Training camp was an absolute success this year at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. The rookies along with a number of veterans started on the 27th July, while the rest of the roster arrived to camp 3 days later. From the outset, it was clear that the competition of places would be fierce, and the veterans won’t be resting on their laurels. By the end of the camp, it was clear that the rookies and newer players were settling in well, with several impressive performances by Safety Michael Griffin, versatile back Brian Leonard and defensive tackle Monte Reagor.

At the end of camp, Coach Reid had good news for reporters. On Donavan McNabb “….I’m pleased to say that Donavan is working well, and is well on his way to full fitness. We will take it one day at a time, but we feel he should be ready for our opening regular season game at Green Bay…”. On Jordan Palmer: “….we were amazed by the work that Jordan has put in at camp, he has often been the first one here, and the last one to leave…..”. Quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur added “…Jordan hasn’t been afraid to ask me or the other quarterbacks questions. He has been working hard and seems to have picked up the playbook quickly…”.

In sad news, it was announced that two Eagles would be missing the 2007 season due injury. Rookie offensive lineman Elliot Vallejo has been put on injured reserve, along with Wide Receiver Greg Lewis. Lewis was injured during 1 on 1 drills with defensive backs, and it is reported he will need knee surgery. Elliot on the other hand has had a few problems with a back injury, and the coaches felt it would be best if he sat out the season, and keep learning.

Preseason August 13th – August 30th 2007

An eventful preseason came to a close this evening with the Philadelphia Eagles losing a hard fought game with the New York Jets. With a 2-2 record, the Eagles seem to be pleased with their players, and particularly the younger guys. Against the Ravens, Jordan Palmer lead to the Eagles back from 21-10 down in the last quarter to win 24-21, with 2 touchdown passes to wide receiver Jason Avant. The game was some what soured with the injury to defensive end Darren Howard, it is said he will be out for 6 -8 weeks with a shoulder injury. In the games against the Panthers and the Steelers, many of the backups performed well, with defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley showing a mean streak, sacking quarterbacks no less than 7 times in 2 games. In disappointing news, it was announced that Donavan McNabb will not be risked in the 1st 4 games, but will be expected back for the Jets game on October 14th.

Regular Season Roster

QB: McNabb Feeley Palmer
RB: Westbrook Buckhalter Leonard
FB: Tapeh
WR: Curtis R. Brown Baskett Avant Bloom
TE: Smith Schobel Bartrum
LT: Thomas Justice
LG: Herremans Jean-Giles
C: Jackson N. Cole
RG: Andrews S. Young
RT: Runyan P. McCoy

LDE: Kearse Thomas Alama-Francis
LDT: Patterson Ramsey
RDT: Bunkley Reagor Rayburn
RDE: Howard T. Cole
SAM: Gocong Sartz Daniels
MIKE: Trotter Gaither
WILL: Spikes McCoy Gaither
LCB: Brown U. Young Hanson
RCB: Sheppard James
SS: Considine Griffin
FS: Dawkins Mikell

K: Akers
P: Rocca

Week 1 – Philadelphia Eagles @ Green Bay Packers

@

Result: Eagles 28 – Packers 10

At an unusually warm Lambeau Field, the Eagles got the 2007 season against the Green Bay Packers. Green Bay took an early 7 – 0 lead, with Brett Farve throwing a 43 yard pass to recent acquisition Randy Moss. The Eagles responded quickly with A.J. Feeley throwing a 22 yard pass to Reggie Brown, and Brian Westbrook going in from 14 yards out. Green Bay added a field goal towards the end of the 1st half, making it 14 – 10 going into the half. After a 3 and out by the Packers, including the first sack for the Eagles by Reagor, the Packers were left we no choice but to punt. This was dually blocked by rookie safety Michael Griffin, which led to a 3 yard touchdown pass from Feeley to tight end L.J. Smith. Both sides had opportunities to score throughout the 3rd and 4th quarters, but were let down by lack of discipline, causing many flags to be thrown. Brian Dawkins sealed the win with an impressive interception from the grasp of rookie tight end Greg Olsen, and proceeded to return it 63 yards for the touchdown.

Team Leaders:

A.J. Feeley 20/27 295 yards 2 TD’s 0 INT’s
Brian Westbrook 16 Attempts 107 yds 1 TD
Kevin Curtis 7 Catches 89 yds
Takeo Spikes 6.5 Tackles 1.5 Sacks 1 Forced Fumble

Week 2 – Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins

vs

Result: Eagles 24 – Redskins 14

In the Eagles first primetime game of the season, good news filtered through the crowd at Lincoln Financial Field, as Donavan McNabb had been training all week, and has been put on the active roster, two weeks ahead of schedule. However, A.J. Feeley keeps his starting job, with McNabb expected to step back into the starting line up next week against the Detroit Lions. Things started brightly after Jeremy Bloom brought the opening kick off back 52 yards to the Washington 37. After two runs for short gains, the Eagles were in a passing down. In a mix up of communication, Washington defensive tackle Amobi Okoye was let through untouched, and gave a punishing hit on Eagles QB Feeley, this resulted in a fumble, which was recovered, and taken to the house by Redskins linebacker London – Fletcher. The sack on Feeley caused an injury to his throwing hand, and was taken immediately to the locker room. With Palmer inactive, Donavan Mcnabb was reintroduced to the Eagles crowd a week early, and straight away set about showing no ill effects from his ACL injury, scrambling for 14 yards on 3 and 8. This drive stalled at the Washington 25, resulting in a David Akers field goal. On the following Washington Drive, Redskins QB Jason Campbell looked deep for receiver Randle El, only for the pass to be picked off by Strong Safety Sean Considine, who brought it back to the Washington 4 yard line, before he was dragged down by a diving Campbell. The resulting play saw rookie running back Brian Leonard notch his first NFL touchdown behind the blocks of Andrews and Runyan. At the half, the Eagles led 10 – 7. On the opening kickoff, Redskins returner James Thrash brought the kick all the way to the Eagles 15 yard line, and was dually converted into 7 points by a Ladell Betts run. Going into the 4th quarter, the Eagles were looking lost, when on a 3rd and long, a screen play to Brian Westbrook saw him run 57 yards for the touchdown and the lead. On the following kickoff, special teams ace Mikell forced a fumble, recovered by linebacker Tank Daniels, with the clock ticking down, the Eagles used the running trio of Westbrook, Buckhalter and Leonard smartly, setting up a game winning play action touchdown to Hank Baskett, giving the Eagles an unassailable 24-14 lead. After the game, it was announced that QB Feeley had only suffered a minor injury to his right hand, but would miss next weeks visit of the Detroit Lions, not that this worried the Eagles faithful much, McNabb was back, and showing no after effects of his injury.

Team Leaders:

Donavan McNabb 15/24 215 yards 1 TD 0 INT
Brian Westbrook 18 Attempts 85 yds 0 TD
Hank Baskett 6 Catches 99 yds
Sean Considine 7 Tackles 1 Sack 1 INT 3 Passes Deflected

Right then, thats end of part one, I hope everyone enjoys the read, and I will do the next installment (weeks 3 -8/9) either later on tonight or tomorrow.

Mark

Last edited by marky_b27 on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
BleedGreen87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats alot of time you got on your hands there..lol jk

Well i think Mcnabb will be the first game of the season.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Palmer can play in week one last year then so can McNabb. His injury happened two months before Palmer's.

Good Mock though.
mpmfootball

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
If Palmer can play in week one last year then so can McNabb. His injury happened two months before Palmer's.

Good Mock though.

it still all depends on how McNabb heals... he could very well be out the first 4 games if he doesnt heal as fast as exspected... I hope he will be ready by the start of the season though

villanova wildcats in 07
stevec0008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, if McNabb has to take 10 games, let him take ten games...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good First
Bad Second (That how it is in almost all of your mocks)
Bro you have too much time on your hand.
And whats up with A.J. Feeley throwing touchdowns???(maybe in the preseason), but vs. Packers McNabb will be throwing the TD.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don't have to buy any of those shirts.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel we will give McNabb all the time he needs, but we may be 'forced' to put him in.....

.....Added Week 2 vs Redskins, its a good read Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that happened, i would go to andy reid's house and kick him in the face
i know you like usama young but in the third round?
i think that with a couple of guys you like that you definitely over rate them but that's your opinion
but i just would not be happy at all if this happened with our team
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I know you may not like my draft choices, but then thats your opinion, which I repsect, but can you look past that, as I didn't post it for mock draft comments. Instead look at the after draft stuff please, as thats why I have done this, to get discussion on the future Neutral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isnt really much to discuss other than the draft

but g-lew will be on the roster (forget if you traded him), bartrum won't, they wont just drop johnson after his 6 year contract
i doubt that griffin blcoks a punt in his first game
leonard won't score a touchdown and will get shut down on three straight opportunities on a touchdown and then we kick the field goal
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love the first two picks. I would run out and Buy both jerseys tomarrow.
As far as any other players, no one drafted after round two has a chance of playing next year. AR will red shirt most of this years draft class as he normally does. When this team says they draft for the future they are one of the few teams that mean it!

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig

Birdman, slowest to 10K
eagles for life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, the guy who made this had to be really bored.
i wish i would have so much time...

Rams vs. Patriots 17-20*; Panthers-Patriots, 29-32*, Eagles-Patriots 21-24*
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't take me that long, been thinking about in lectures most of the day, took me about 30-40 mins to type up Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fly eagles fly wrote:
if that happened, i would go to andy reid's house and kick him in the face

haha i know where he lives.

as for the predictions id say you have quite the imagination. if your post were a book it would most likely be in the sci fi section

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: