You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock before the draft...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelSedition

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Final Mock before the draft... Reply with quote

So this will be my final Mock draft before the draft...

Steelers wait at 1.15 and at their dismay Anderson, Carriker, and Willis are gone...

Trades:

Steelers decide to trade their 1.15, 3.77 to NE for their 1.24 and 1.28 pick
(this is just an option, they could also trade down to the mid 20s to pickup another 3rd rounder and then package to move up to gain a 2nd pick at the end of rd 1).

Steelers deal Alan Faneca to the Cardinals for their 2.38 selection.

1.24- Lawrence Timmons-OLB, FSU- This should come as no surprise as Tomlin has spoken out about how much he loves FSU players and Timmons would fill a giant need as he is a great blitzer. He could play OLB in both a 3-4 and a 4-3, and although raw, has a ton of upside. (other possibilites: Anthony Spencer, Jarvis Moss).

1.28- Dwayne Jarrett- WR, USC- would provide an immediate impact as a big wideout within Arians' new offensive scheme in which he intends to make more use of four wide receiver sets. Jarrett is a redzone demon, and would immediately bolster the Steelers' receiving corps from good to superb. Similar size/athleticism to Plaxico Burres only Jarrett has much better hands and body control, all the emphasis being put on his subpar 40time which drops him to 28. (Other possibilities: Posluszny, Rice).

2.38- Justin Blalock- OG, Texas- a versatile lineman, Blalock would be a probable replacement to Faneca, and could [possibly also project as a tackle if Mahan/Kemo/Colon is able to step up at guard. (Other possible selections: Sears, Grubbs, Staley).

2.46- David Harris- ILB, Michigan- if he is available its a no brainer, would be a great fit as a run-stuffer at ILB in Leabeau's 3-4: Beat out Foote as a rookie and eventually replace James Farrior

4.119- Michael Bush- RB, Louisville- a steal in the fourth, here's FWP's complimentary big back. (Other options: Jackie Battle, Kolby Smith, Tony Hunt if he falls).

4.132- Zak DeOssie - LB, Brown- great athleticism and measurables, I'd go on but you've all read it before...(other options: Jacoby Jones, Laurent Robinson...)

5.162- C.J. Gaddis- CB, Clemson- Gaddis is extremely raw, as he went to Clemson originally as a QB, though he has a load of potential and upside. At a hair under 6'0 and 200lbs, Gaddis still ran a respectable 40 at 4.45. This pick would be based mainly on his potential, as I foresee his future as possibly replacing the aging Townsend at nickel back.

6.192-Daniel Sepulveda/ Pondlesh- a punter is a needed position, and the sixth would be a decent location to select one.

7.227- Cory Anderson-FB, Alabama- Eventual replacement for Kreider, although Anderson isn't much of a threat as a receiver/runner he does have some potential in those areas, and he is a solid blocker.

Let me know what you guys think of the draft, I know a lot of you don't like Timmons and I am skeptical as well if we pick him at 15, but 24 seems much more reasonable. As for Faneca I'd only like the trade to happen if it is a certainty that he will hold out this season and be gone next, why not get a jump on replace him and avoid the headaches for Tomlin of Faneca acting like a b****? The last thing Tomlin can afford to lose right now is his respect and credability as the head a coach, and it seems Faneca's antics might move beyond just him getting a big payday, and into negatively effectin Tomlin's authority over the team.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the first 2 picks I would have to leave the house because I would not want to put my foot through my TV. Then they take Bush and I'm arested at the local sports bar because I throw my beer through their TV.

I like Harris, DeOssie and Balock but am not a fan of the rest.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
spush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance at trade, no way , no how.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this mock is so bad where's your superior mock? it seems as if most posters on this site fill in day 2 slots in an aleatory fashion or by just copying off of others...Bush in the 4th is a steal, if you didn't break your TV after the Steelers drafted Fred Gibson or Nathaniel Adibi there then I don't know what your problem is with Bush.
spush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelSedition wrote:
if this mock is so bad where's your superior mock? it seems as if most posters on this site fill in day 2 slots in an aleatory fashion or by just copying off of others...Bush in the 4th is a steal, if you didn't break your TV after the Steelers drafted Fred Gibson or Nathaniel Adibi there then I don't know what your problem is with Bush.

Actually, I thought Gibson would have been as productive as "whats his name" he played with at GA drafted by Philly. Name escapes me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Brown...I too liked the Gibson pick at first Confused
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: dude Reply with quote

SteelSedition wrote:

This mock is bad for one the patriots wont give up those picks unless the sun and moon collide and landry falls to the steelers. Then ok they would be on the phone trying to make a deal but since thats not going to happen they wont make that deal i didnt like fred gibson either he was big fast "and dumb" bush i dont like either hes just like davenport so why do we want a sequel they need someone like the pittman kid from osu now thats a steeler!

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me first say that the trade with New England will never ever happen. Faneca to Arizona...it could, but I doubt it.

But if this SOMEHOW did happen, this is what I think...

I like Timmons, but his size is a big issue. Good pick, but Im not sure anymore. Wouldnt be mad if we got him.

Jarrett has great hands and would be an awesome red zone threat, but we have more pressing needs and could get that in the 3rd-4th rounds.

NO BLALOCK! Id actually take Harris here and take Aaron Sears with 2:15.

Michael Bush, I was big on him until I watched more footage on him. He was hard to bring down in college but will come down easily in the NFL> Willie needs a power back, not a big back, and a big back doesnt equal a power back. Bush reminds me alot of Davenport, who we already have. Get his teammate Kolby Smith if anything. He will be a more effective inside runner than Bush will. He runs low and bursts through the hole. Jackie Battle is good too, but he is also too tall and I think his stats benefited from poor competition.

Love DeOssie, but I hate the rest of the picks.

Grade: C

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: