You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official "Predict the Steelers 1st Round Pick"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6ondaway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarvis moss
only player available that will fill a imidiate need (pass rushing LB) and will be a cornerstone for the future(43 DE after he puts on some weight)
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ondaway wrote:
jarvis moss
only player available that will fill a imidiate need (pass rushing LB) and will be a cornerstone for the future(43 DE after he puts on some weight)

I was thinking the same thing, well I'll just second your post.

Jarvis Moss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'd all the Jarvis Moss predicters come from? The steelers trade down and get Spencer being scared of Timmons' size and experience and StL drafts Anderson. Timmons gets drafted by the Bengals and Our running backs run him over in every game he plays against us.
JarrettTF1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: It it all goes right Reply with quote

I think it will come down to who is available when the choice is ready to be made and the clock starts to tick. I'm betting (at 15) the Steelers are targeting certain players. I hope they are:

- Jamaal Anderson
- Patrick Willis
- Amobi Okoye

IMO those are the most assured best picks at this position. Otherwise, the Steelers hopefully will look to trade down - again depending on who is available. I've seen several attractive possibilities on this site. Scenarios, scenrios, upon scenarios. I bet Colbert and Tomlin have several options/opportunities they have in mind depending on the earlier round picks. Still I love the posts and the opinions (even Cutwolf - j/k buddy - you are just controversial for your IMO). I think this season, with a new coach, that the draft will be really telling for future years. Maybe I am fooling myself but, as a Steelers fan, I am reading alot into how things play out. This site should be ripe with opinions after this upcoming weekend. Black and Gold all the way.
gatek99

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB Anthony Spencer

I believe we will look for a pure pass rusher at OLB...and Spencer is the best man in this draft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict Anderson/Okoye will be gone.

at 15, DE Adam Carricker

or

trade back 5 to 8 spots and select Lawrence Timmons

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMashMouthMike wrote:
Where'd all the Jarvis Moss predicters come from? The steelers trade down and get Spencer being scared of Timmons' size and experience and StL drafts Anderson. Timmons gets drafted by the Bengals and Our running backs run him over in every game he plays against us.

I think J. Moss, A. Spencer and a few other players are on the Steelers radar in a trade down scenario. J. Anderson is just to good of a player for some of the teams ahead of the Steelers to pass up. Revis or Hall could all be options ecspecially how highly Tomlin spoke about Revis. But it's all a crap shoot right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 15: Adam Carricker

Reason: In the Baltimore games last season, Keisel got pushed all over the place, so they bring Carricker in to dominate the line. Then they move keisel to the outside linebacker position (he's better suited as a pass rushing end). This way, they have two pass rushers to go to as well as run stuffers on the same side. Noone runs left!!!!

Sig by Dawg24
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
trade up witrh Arizona and grab Gaines Adams...i seriously see it happening...

Did you see the press conference they cant afford to go up that high your talking 20 mill in guaranteed money thats what aj hawk last years #5 is getting 20.4 actually trade down if you can get a high second grab a lb and o lineman

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
Larry Stavish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Punter
Since we don't know what D we will play, lets go with a sure thing. Laughing

Seriously I think Spence for his pass rush.
Boilermaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Patrick Willis falls to 15, take Willis. If not, take Spencer.
Jayme96

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Posluszny. I think that he gives the versatility to excel in either scheme, and is ready to play now. I think they didn't show any interest so no one else exects them to take him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayme96 wrote:
Paul Posluszny. I think that he gives the versatility to excel in either scheme, and is ready to play now. I think they didn't show any interest so no one else exects them to take him.

Steelers project Paul Posluszny as a 34 ILB and I doubt they draft that position on the first day let alone 1st round. Just MO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

alancac98 wrote:
At 15: Adam Carricker

Reason: In the Baltimore games last season, Keisel got pushed all over the place, so they bring Carricker in to dominate the line. Then they move keisel to the outside linebacker position (he's better suited as a pass rushing end). This way, they have two pass rushers to go to as well as run stuffers on the same side. Noone runs left!!!!

Hmm the entire team got pushed all over the field? and carricker is just like aaron smith if their going to take and end it will be one who rushes the passer for obvious passing downs take the kid spenscer from purdue

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
skalars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reavis he's the top corner in the draft and is a bargain at #15
or trade back to 20-25 and grab Moss/ Timmons
Pos will slide to the 2nd round, also there are a lot of 2nd round DEs...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: